"This Is It" single predictions ??

I believe it will have a Earth Song feel to it! Which is fine by me! The title it self sounds like a Message of some kind "THIS IS IT"! But, what was it? The Environment? Isn't that what the concert message was? The theme or really the ending of the show was gonna be? So I heard? Anyways, anything MJ is good for me I like his voice from ANY ERA!

I'm thinking something in the same vein as HIStory or Stevie Wonder's title-track Conversation Peace.

I think we'll get a pop version and a more subdued, acoustic/choir version.

Just a guess, since we really have no clue what the song's about or how it sounds, but they said there'd be two versions of the track.

They have to get the UK airplay out for this pretty quickly.

Alexandra Burke (X Factor Winner 2008) and Robbie Williams both release singles on the 12th, so for Michael to have a fighting chance the song needs to get in peoples heads.

I'm not sure if Robbie will be competition but I think Alexandra Burke is..

i want them to release remastered Thriller demos for that single cd ;)

Alexandra Burke (X Factor Winner 2008) and Robbie Williams both release singles on the 12th, so for Michael to have a fighting chance the song needs to get in peoples heads.

Hmm, I hadn't thought of the other releases that week. I hope they don't mean the single will be released to buy on 12th October. If they do, then Mike has no chance at getting No.1. It might go top 3, but won't get the top spot.

I hope they mean it will be released to radio on the 12th with a sales release to follow.

BUT judging from Sony's apparent disregard for the fans and Michael Jackson, and their lack of common sense it wouldn't surprise me at all if they sabotaged any singles success this song could have by releasing it at such short notice (less than 3 weeks!) and in competition with 2 other massive singles that are already gaining lots of airplay.

where do u guys know that this song is about the environment??
did i miss anything? o_O

^The title is "This Is It", it's the last song, it has orchestral components, and the This Is It concert series were primarily a tool for MJ to tell the world one last time "This is our last chance to save the world, This. Is. It"

It will be Earth Song 2009. That's my best educated guess.

^The title is "This Is It", it's the last song, it has orchestral components, and the This Is It concert series were primarily a tool for MJ to tell the world one last time "This is our last chance to save the world, This. Is. It"

Honestly? That really sucks.

I think the songs refers to spread the message of healing the world and coming all together to do something about it.

This sounds right to me

100% agree-will be Heal the World 2009

bobmoo79 - I take it that the single is releasewd on Oct 12th....as they would normally release the single a couple of weeks before the album... makes no sense to do it the same time or after. Sony need to get their skates on if they want to get it to No.1... I think it will sell well.... but up against these two (which will be really big sellers)... not sure if No.1 is in reach?

lol I don't understand how some of u can be so picky, I'm eager for songs... real song, any type of song... anything that isn't a leaked demo.

I think the only thing that might disapoint me is some old recording from who knows when. :\ I really hope it's new.

With all of the downloads that will happen, I would beat that the song will debut high on the Billboard Hot 100, maybe even debut at number 1. If he could do it with You Are Not Alone, I don't see why he couldn't do it now with This Is It with all that is going on right now. It would be awesome if he could become the only artist to ever have a number 1 record in the 60s (if you count the J5 stuff), 70s, 80s, 90s, and 00s!

I hope it's not a ballad. I would love it to be mid or uptempo, something you could dance/groove to. But at this point, Ill take whatever I can get lol!

Well, back in June we had a "when will a new single be out - what's your prediction" thread and I had thought and thought (you know, trying to be psychic) and the date I got for a single release was June 25th. Gulp. And I don't know why, but I always had a song with the title "This Is It" in mind that was like a slow to mid-tempo song in the mood of Earth Song/HTW... like "this is it" about the environment or world in general. So if that's what it turns out to be it will really freak me out. So I'll just let that be my prediction.

if its a top MJ dance record, like of his best calibre, it will destroy these and be number one for like a long time, but if it is earth song 2009 like people are saying then im not so sure, having said that, earth song was number 1 for 6 weeks in the uk

bobmoo79 - I take it that the single is releasewd on Oct 12th....as they would normally release the single a couple of weeks before the album... makes no sense to do it the same time or after. Sony need to get their skates on if they want to get it to No.1... I think it will sell well.... but up against these two (which will be really big sellers)... not sure if No.1 is in reach?

ill say the famous fan line, THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON WE ARE TALKING ABOUT, if its a great record, it could beat anyone to number one

I don't even think THIS IS IT song is going to be a new track. They said it's a song with MJ's brothers and as far as I know Michael recorded a track in the 80's called THIS IS IT and it was with his brothers.

I don't even think THIS IS IT song is going to be a new track. They said it's a song with MJ's brothers and as far as I know Michael recorded a track in the 80's called THIS IS IT and it was with his brothers.

you mean that outake from off the wall? i think it probably will be that, michael probably has loads of amazing songs, and some new ones, but they just want to make money from michael for years by keeping us waiting, these people havent got a clue how to make money, they dont, they should capitalise on michael huge popularity right now and get like 5 never heard songs out, never mind one, im telling them, 5 new songs now, collectively will sell way more than 5 new songs over 5 years. anyway, im only 18, but i think i might be dead by the time they release all his songs, its pathetic

I just hope there can be a dance remix that can be made so it can hit the clubs hard in the UK. I really dont care what its like though. I know for a fact anythin to do with Michael will be a great track.

Really dont care about sales. Sales dont mean a thing anymore.

The song may have been originally recorded with his brothers as a full song or just a demo in 80s but something tells me that at least MJ, if not him AND his brothers, redid the song recently. I mean it's not a coincidence that the name of the tour was THIS IS IT. That tells me that MJ all along knew and anticipated that the single/song THIS IS IT was going to be put out. And if that was the case, I can't believe that he would just go to the vault, dust off an old Jacksons record, and put it out. This tour was going to be HUGE, we can all see that, so it just doesn't make any sense to me that this song wouldn't have been refreshed and modernized with redone verses or something. Since there will be two versions on the CD, that tells me that one will probably be the old version and the other will be the actual single which was done in the current day. I could always be wrong but that's my idea.

Back