"This Is It" single predictions ??

mj_insane

Proud Member
Ok , we know that a new single is coming out with conjuction of the film . Also , we know that its called "This Is It" , but what are your predictions ??

Im guessing that , from the title , its like a farewell song . I think it will be flashback on his work , and that this song is "it" . Also , it will probably mention the fans .

Also , i think it will be a ballad , like "One More Chance" , and i think it will reach number 1 in the usa definatly , also the UK and some european countries .

All i know is , i cannot WAIT to hear Michaels voice !!!!!!!

Just think , a new MJ single , just in time for Christmas :)

Could this lead to a new album ? I know its gonna be on the soundtrack , but if all goes well , they could release his new album ??

What are your thoughts ?

I don't know but I rather they release something we can dance to .I don't want to hear no 2009 heal the world

All I can guess is that this wasnt going to be Michaels last work
I feel 'This Is It' will be either sow or mid tempo don't think it will be a dance tune but I could well be wrong

I don't know. Kenny Loggins song was pretty good though.

Here are my predictions:

-Guaranteed US Top 10 On Billboard Hot 100. (Possible #1 If Song Is Good)

-Guaranteed UK Top 10 (Possible #1 If Song Is Good)

-Number One Single In Several European Countries

-Over 500,000 Downloads In US

-Over 1,000,000 Downloads Globally

-New Single Should Allow This Is It Album To Sell Over 1.5 Million Copies In US, 4 Million Globally.

I guess it might be a ballad, though This Is It was partly about the action we have to take for the earth before it's too late, so it could lean towards being more hard hitting and powerful.
I think it will definitely be number 1 in the UK.

I don't know but I rather they release something we can dance to .I don't want to hear no 2009 heal the world

I think I will have to agree with you on that one.. I luv his everybody hold hands type of songs, but right now I am in the mood for a dance song or him singing to the love of his life *me:cheeky:*

I don't know. Kenny Loggins song was pretty good though.
rofl.. i like that song...:hysterical::D

to me this is it, will be a dance track, if it was gonna be the finale performance,or sumthing,plz plz have a dance track so we can all dance to it in clubs. i really pray tht this single will be a classic and make ppl want to hear the final album.

Maybe this is the song that Michael wrote during the Off The Wall era?

LOL. I actually kinda have to agree with you there, haha. I mean, I love those songs, but, damn, I need something to jam to! :p

i think it will be number 1. look at the sales of singles when mike died,this is just 1 single to focus on now.

I predict based on what Mjs vision is ..
"This is it" song is going to be about the world and its condition
and that this is it _ We have to do something now before its to late

I think it will be a beautiful hard hitting dance song not a ballad

It's hard to say....I once read that "this is it" was meant to be his last demonstration to the world of his complete innocence about all the fact he had been through in the last years.
I figure something like "scream", a song about the world that turned his back to him during his tough time,and his coming back at the end.
I'm sure it will be #1 all over the world.No doubt!

Usually I dont like to create high expectations for anything as I usually tend to then not being totally satisfied(something I prob. would have been, if i didn't have those high expectations..)

But on this one.. The expectations are high.. and im sure they will meet up them!

Dont think it will be a ballad.. more pop..

I think it's gonna be a ballad, but maybe a powerful one with a choir (like Man In The Mirror/ Will You Be There)

I think if the song is good it will no questions get to number one. But if it's bad (doubtful but you never know) I don't think it will do as well...he still has a lot of critics out there :(

I agree, I think it will be a let's help save the world before it's too late powerful ballad, hence the orchestra etc etc.

Similar to Earth Song whereby it starts off soft and builds to a crescendo at the end, signature Michael.

explosive new timeless single which we heard a sample of on the trailer

it is going to be a heal the world 2009. "this is it" was about environmental awareness, so i couldn't imagine this song being anything different.

If this song was going to be the last song at the concert then it will be anthemic. At the end of Dangerous we had 'Man In The Mirror' and at the end of HIStory we had 'HIStory', so I'm 100% sure this will not be a dance track. Unfortunately I can't see that kind of song getting any major radio play in the UK or the US, so I think it's chances of doing well are severely limited. I'm thinking could be quite similar to 'We've Had Enough', which would never be played on the radio. Ever. BUT this is the first new song from Michael Jackson to be released in 6 years (ignoring the farcical WBSS08 and TGIM08) and the first since he died in June. Man In The Mirror did very well at that time, so there is an appetite for this kind of song, but I'm not sure whether MITM already satisfied people's appetites or not. Perhaps people won't want to hear that kind of thing again so soon, or maybe they'll lap it up.
This kind of song is going to be a gamble. An upbeat dance song would be more of a dead cert, but I guess Mike never got a chance to finish a song like that recently. Certainly the dance tracks he did with Will.i.am were not completed.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing it. Fingers crossed for a success.

I think all of us in the fan community owe it to Mike to do our best that this new song becomes his first No.1 single in the UK and US this decade. Don't let the relative failures of YRMW, WBSS08, TGIM08, OMC be the end of his lifetime career.
Support the single by contacting local and national radio to request it. Contact music video channels to request it. Make sure you support the song on internet message boards and other websites. Spread the buzz far and wide. together we are strong!

I just hope it is released before X factor single. As no matter how bad their songs are they are always no.1, which is not fair to top stars.

Backup vocals by the Jackson brothers??? I was hoping it would be an MJ song not a Jackson 5 reunion song. Just have to wait and see.

Sony Music Entertainment offered few details about the song, except to say it includes backing vocals by Jackson's brothers. Two weeks later, Sony is releasing a two-disc set to coincide with the movie that shows scenes of Jackson rehearsing for his series of London concerts. Jackson died before publicly stepping back on stage.

The album includes some of Jackson's greatest hits as they appeared on previous albums. The second disc features previously unreleased versions of Jackson songs and a spoken-word poem from Jackson called "Planet Earth."

I hope he gets a #1 hit again!

Would be amazing!

Buy multiple copies!!

Back