This is it part 2

cgrimberg

Proud Member
Can we as fans of Michael Jackson come together and request a new movie from the rehearsals. I swear there are much more footage to make another movie with new amazing songs and everything. Can we contact and write a letter to Mr. Kenny Ortega or something. What do u guys think ?

Nice idea but I don't think they want to make another movie of TII. :/

But there still remains some footage of songs we haven't heard from TII. Like Dirty Diana. (?)

Nice idea but I don't think they want to make another movie of TII. :/

But there still remains some footage of songs we haven't heard from TII. Like Dirty Diana. (?)

yeah dirty diana and dangerous and more .. but at least they could release a movie on DVD for the fans ? All of us would love a new movie ...

Sony will no doubt release it in due time. they stated that enough in tne motions to stop any footage been used in the trial

Yes I'm sure they will re-release TII with the additional footage at a later date. It's not in their best interest to include it all first time around and it's a common marketing tactic these days. When it happens is anybody's guess. They could do it soon or leave it for the 5th anniversary, 10th anniversary etc.

I think they release more footage only when they re-release the movie. Like in 10th Anniversary edition or something.

There are 106 hours of the rehearsals! We haven't seen anything yet. The This Is It movie is brilliant but it has interviews from all the crew members and producers that exceed 30 minutes. I would like to see a 2 hour footage of Michael and only Michael without anyone talking. We all need to see him without interruptions!

Yeah, I can't believe Michael did just one Billie Jean rehearsal. There must be more! Also, without dub, but just the way Michael sang it live!

I would love to see more footage. I think Kenny once said that Stranger in Moscow was gonna be included as an extra on the first DVD but it never happened.

I would also love to see Dangerous!

There are 7 songs that were not included in the film and lots of different rehearsals of the songs included. They could easily make another movie. There should also be tons of videos of concepting, band rehearsals and dancer rehearsals.

Dirty Diana was rehearsed but not at the Staple Center.. It was last rehearsed at The Forum whick did not have the actual stage, just a stand in stage.. Dangerous was reherased on June 23rd in Staple Center..

I very highly doubt they would ever release a TII 2.. IF they release that footage it most likely will be either for a different documentary that will show clips of the rehearsal, OR what I prefer is a re-release of THIS IS IT with an extended cut of those included (Either in the movie or special features) . OR leaked years down the road.

Michael rehearsed Billie Jean once AT Staple Center, he did rehearse it at The FOrum

The songs that were to be performed that we did not get to see for whatever reason:

Rock With You
Dangerous
Dirty Diana
Heal The World
You are Not Alone
Will You Be There
..... And Dont Stop 'till you get enough was to be added to the Motown Medly at the end

Of course I've heard fans say that Kenny mentioned Stranger In Moscow but I can't find that footage... Anyone??

Last edited:
One This Is It dancer (I don't remember who) mentioned Stranger In Moscow in some interview.

Here are setlists that was planned:
lot5429.jpg

Butterflies01 posted this in other thread.

^^ I saw that pic on google but is this authentic? And why does they say different things?

The setlist (those 2 with You Are Not Alone and Will You Be There are real). That was the setlist for the first show, it is shown on This Is It 2 DVD Special Edition. Kenny Ortega is talking about setlist and behind him you can clearly see the setlist. Also Stranger in Moscow was rehearsed but it wasn't in the setlist for the first show (that song would be performed sometimes instead of Human Nature).

The big one is probably also real but maybe it is an early version and 2 more songs were added.

So the songs that were rehearsed but weren't included in the movie are: Stranger in Moscow, Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough (as part of J5 Medley), Rock With You, Dangerous, Dirty Diana, We Are The World/Heal The World, You Are Not Alone & Will You Be There.

I hope we'll see those rehearsals some day, This Is It 2 would be amazing but I don't think that they will release it. It will probably be released as bonus material on some anniversary edition of This Is It in the future.

It could be so nice to get more footage from This Is It rehearsals. But I am sure that you have to contact the Estate, because they have the copyrigths.

There is a little bit of footage in dvd extras. You can see parts from Will You Be There, Heal the World, Dirty Diana, Dangerous and Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough.

I want to see this
dangeroustii.jpg

images

I would like to see everything MJ-related from the 2 last rehearsals

I want to see the footage from that rehearsal at the forum, the one that Ms. Faye posted a pic of. The one where he had his hair down and was sporting a black top with the bright red skinny jeans and kneepads.

And I would like more gold pants footage. As well as the super skinny billie jean pants.

I want all the footage with Michael lol.
The most wanted one is the dangerous one. I think Travis Payne said they rehearse the whole song but KO think it's not strong enough to put into the movie.

I want to see the footage from that rehearsal at the forum, the one that Ms. Faye posted a pic of. The one where he had his hair down and was sporting a black top with the bright red skinny jeans and kneepads.

And I would like more gold pants footage. As well as the super skinny billie jean pants.

Can you post that picture that Faye posted? I want to see it.

I think there will be extended edition released in the future and maybe an anniversary edition afterwards seen as Sony have alot of unreleased footage. You can tell this be the way Sony were so adamant not to have unreleased footage shown in court , Preserving its value.

Can we as fans of Michael Jackson come together and request a new movie from the rehearsals. I swear there are much more footage to make another movie with new amazing songs and everything. Can we contact and write a letter to Mr. Kenny Ortega or something. What do u guys think ?
They will in the future SONY said that they didn't want to give the court the videos cause they cost $250,000.00 to make copies and are intended for future projects

I found a very short video clip from This Is It where Michael can be seen rehearsing Dangerous:

It is around 2:53

Back