This Is It Band Vs History/Dangerous Band

I personally don't like when people play and sing exactly like the record in a concert. If I want to hear that I can just listen to the recording. I find it more interesting when the arrangement is changed or something is different.

Yeah agreed! Of course though, if they totally change it up and make a techno version of a ballad, then that sucks, like Madonna did on her recent tours... but the way they changed arrangements and the music on the Girlie Show was awesome!

Michael seemed to have this obsession with the music sounding exactly the same as on the cd. The This Is It band defo the best although this was rehearsal and being recorded for extra bits on DVD. I think we would have seen more playback during the concerts. It's just my opinion.

Michael seemed to have this obsession with the music sounding exactly the same as on the cd. The This Is It band defo the best although this was rehearsal and being recorded for extra bits on DVD. I think we would have seen more playback during the concerts. It's just my opinion.

Why would you have liked to have seen more playback?

For most part, I love the good old Dangerous band. Jam all the way, baby. But my girl Judith says it all for the TII band, really!

Marry me, Judith! (Talkin' about it, where's my old "Judith Hill, marry me!" under-the-nick title?)

PS.: Smooth Criminal had great drums, but I still prefer the "old details". It's missing some keyboard sounds in TII and I don't like the effect on the parts that are in. I hope you understand what I'm saying...

Personally I'd say the TII band was better IMO. I'm a stickler for live bands/instrumentation of a band in a concert tour, and this is one of the reasons why I wanted to see the movie, to see how the music SOUNDED, and it sounded GREAT! the lil clips that were bein leaked on the net of TDCAU before the move was released turned me on SOOOO much lol and then when the movie started and i heard the way that WBSS sounded, i was like OMG. The band had alot of UMPH and power to it, they connected with the songs. I agree with the person that said the History tour sounded like alot of pre-rekorded tracks. I've watched a couple of the concert videos and noticed that the music sounds like the album versions with a hint of live instruments laid overtop of it. The Dangerous tour sounded exceptionally well too as far as a band.

Back