"This Is It" album - UK midweek chart position

Never thought Cheryl Cole would be in with a chance being up against Michael.

I suppose she is the nations sweetheart though :scratch:

Have the sales figures from the end of today come through yet?

Would be interesting to see the impact of TII

MODS why cant i post?

I have been PM'ing you and nobody has got back to me!!

I'm shocked it is doing so well, i bought it but i didn't think too many would because everyone must have an MJ best of at this stage.

Midweek UK album sales upto end of Thursday -

1 Cheryl Cole 91.5k

2 Michael Buble 74.3k

3 Michael Jackson 53.4k

4 Alexandra Burke 39.5k

5 Soldiers 38.2k

When is the last day for sales in the UK?

Saturday is the last full day of sales and then the results are released on a Sunday at 7pm. Judging from how it is performing so far it should finish the week with around 70-80,000 copies sold which is a lot more than I expected it would do.

Those numbers are pretty good. And top 3 is not bad at all, considering it's just yet another GH collection.

in most weeks he would score a number 1 with those figures, because of stupid x-factor he has to settle for number 3 lol

in most weeks he would score a number 1 with those figures, because of stupid x-factor he has to settle for number 3 lol

That's true. If this was a standard week where there weren't so many big releases in one week then This Is It easily would have been No.1. Maybe it will reach the top spot in one of the weeks leading up to Christmas.

Just A Sales Update On THIS IS IT Soundtrack:

-Currently #1 on US Amazon

-Currently #2 on US I-Tunes

-Currently #1 on Canadian I-Tunes

In other Jackson chart news:

-Thriller is the #1 music video in the Canadian I-Tunes and #2 in the US I-Tunes today

-Jackson has a staggering 19 music videos in the Top 200 on US I-Tunes Chart, including 6 in the Top 40!

-Jackson has 4 of the top 40 best selling albums on Canadian I-Tunes (This Is It, This Is It Selections, Number Ones, Thriller).

-Jackson has 5 of the top 50 best selling albums on US I-Tunes

-Jackson has the #6 best selling DVD in Canadian I-Tunes and #3 in US I-Tunes

-Jackson currently has 15 songs in the top 200 on Canadian I-Tunes

Expect Jackson album sales to SURGE next week...

Just thought I would give you guys this good news. The This Is It CD has gone to No.1 in the Netherlands :).

It's doing great considering that at this stage everybody must already have all these songs on cd in there house, they can't keep bringing out best of albums and expect people to buy them, even though i did but I'm not the average punter.

The album has done remarkably well since The Essential has only recently been knocked off the top spot. Everyone has a greatest hits album and a top 3 is awesome. Would have been higher had Cheryl Cole not released an album and Buble performed on X Factor last week as well.

Yea i think 3rd is realistic, I think it will disappear completely from the top 10 next week

Yea i think 3rd is realistic, I think it will disappear completely from the top 10 next week

I still think it will be in the Top 10 next week since sales are pretty high for the album this week and only new major release on Monday is Robbie Williams album. Typically new releases drop their sales by half in the second week so that would mean This Is It will sell 35-40,000 copies which would be enough to secure a top 10 position.

Officially No. 3

1. (-) Cheryl Cole: '3 Words'
2. (2) Michael Bublé: 'Crazy Love'
3. (-) Michael Jackson: 'This Is It'
4. (-) Soldiers: 'Coming Home'
5. (1) Alexandra Burke: 'Overcome'
6. (-) Katherine Jenkins: 'Believe'
7. (3) Whitney Houston: 'I Look To You'
8. (-) Daniel O'Donnell: 'Peace In The Valley'
9. (5) Paolo Nutini: 'Sunny Side Up'
10. (6) Fleetwood Mac: 'The Very Best Of'

80,000 copies is brilliant. One MJ greatest hits album has already been on top for seven weeks already this year and another to get to number 3 is amazing.

80000 heck thats good. would have walked to number one on quiet week. whos buying these lol everyone must have an mj album by now

why would they when they already have number ones, essential. ppl arent going to buy music they already have.those albums just spent the last 4 months in the charts. same ole posters talking negative B.S.

Back