"This Is It" album - UK midweek chart position

bobmoo79

Proud Member
In the first midweek chart of the week, "This Is It" is in 3rd place behind Cheryl Cole and Michael Buble.

Tuesday
1 Cheryl Cole 31.7k
2 Michael Buble 24.7k
3 Michael Jackson 17.3k (14.4k behind CC, 7.4k behind MB)
4 Alexandra Burke 16.9k
5 Soldiers 9.2k

Wednesday
1 Cheryl Cole (62.2k)
2 Michael Buble (45.7k)
3 Michael Jackson (34.5k) (28k behind CC, 11.2k behind MB)
4 Alexandra Burke (26.3k)
5 Soldiers

Thursday (Full sales data not yet available)
1 Cheryl Cole (77.3k)
2 Michael Buble
3 Michael Jackson (??k behind CC, ??k behind MB)
4 Alexandra Burke
5 Soldiers

Friday
1 Cheryl Cole (91.5k)
2 Michael Buble (74.3k)
3 Michael Jackson (53.4k) (38.1k behind CC, 20.9k behind MB)
4 Alexandra Burke (39.5k)
5 Soldiers (38.2k)

Not entirely unexpected given the album's content and the fact huge amounts of hits albums were sold in the few months before its release.

Last edited:
This is BRILLIANT news!

fadm38.jpg

Thanks Boomoo for the info.

But doesnt Buble's and Alexandra's sales represent 2 days sales, with MJ and Cheryl just 1 day totals???

As Buble's and Alexandra's albums were already out and include sales from Sunday.

Thanks for this! Not bad I guess... after the 25th everyone must surely own a MJ greatest hits lol

**also mate are you on TheSun website??**

Richard, I'm pretty certain the "This Is It" and Cheryl Cole figures include all pre-sales over the last few weeks and that Buble's and Alexandra's sales do include 2 days of sales.

Yes Tom, I'm on that site and quite often seen your comments on the MJ related articles. You're a legend over there. Everybody knows who you are and miss you if you don't post! :punk:
I like to join in the MJ support when I can, but I don't check that site as often as you.

I think the sales will pick up from Wednesday onwards, its going to be all over the news etc and in papers etc and people going to see the film too!

**Haha there are some right idiots on that site bobmoo79**

This is just after Monday's sales since that was the first day of the This Is It album. I guarantee the biggest sales will occur on Wednesday through Sunday as people who start seeing the film will go get their copy.

This is just after Monday's sales since that was the first day of the This Is It album. I guarantee the biggest sales will occur on Wednesday through Sunday as people who start seeing the film will go get their copy.

If these figures only include Monday's sales, when do the pre-release sales get factored in? Cheryl and MJ would have sold thousands before the album was even released and they must be counted.

It's actually doing better than I thought already. Didn't expect it to beat Alexandra Burke's sales, although I know the gap currently between them isn't that big. I expect by the end of the week that This Is It will sell somewhere between 40-50k.

This is great news!! I hope more people will go and get a copy.

It's actually doing better than I thought already. Didn't expect it to beat Alexandra Burke's sales, although I know the gap currently between them isn't that big. I expect by the end of the week that This Is It will sell somewhere between 40-50k.

Also, Buble and Burke's sales are over 2 days - Sunday and Monday - whereas MJ's are only 1 day's sales.

So if you devide Buble and Burke's sales by 2, then MJ should catch the, by the end of the week. Well that's my theory. ;-)

I think, with al the negativity surrounding the single, the album, and now the film (most of it from MJ's own 'fans'!!??), we will have to make do with a number 2 album at best. :-(

Normally you bought a soundtrack AFTER seeing a movie.. I pretty sure MJ will get to #1.

And 300-350k in the USA for a #1 place (hitsdailydouble.com)

suprised. and u would expect sales to increase after tomorrow seeing as 120k i think it said brought presale ticks for the film

is the cd in a proper plastic case or a cardboard one?

It's just sad that it's another hits album. When they actually release proper new songs people may just be put off, because all Sony ever release are greatest hits and demos.

Last edited:
fans wont be put off and joe bloggs doesnt follow how many greatest hits get released. if its new music its new music

Latest Uk Album midweek -

1.Cheryl 62.2k

2.Buble 45.7k

3.MJ 34.5k

4.Alex Burke 26.3k

Last edited:
I find it unreal that Jackson's THIS IS IT soundtrack will sell over 300,000 copies in it's debut week in the US! That is unheard of for a soundtrack, especially when 80% of the songs have been released before.

I find it unreal that Jackson's THIS IS IT soundtrack will sell over 300,000 copies in it's debut week in the US! That is unheard of for a soundtrack, especially when 80% of the songs have been released before.

It is strange. But his past greatest hits packages haven't been pushed as strongly Stateside as they have overseas. Here in the UK all of his compilations from Number Ones to King Of Pop to The Essential MJ have all sold really strongly. I think over here people are starting to tire of them, whereas Stateside they're just getting started.

Thing is with the UK is that Michael was always popular so pretty much everyone has at least one greatest hits CD, whereas he fell out of favour in the US. I wasn't expecting it to get to number one with Cheryl Cole releasing her album. Real talent is always usurped by anyone associated with the X Factor in this country.

Normally you bought a soundtrack AFTER seeing a movie.. I pretty sure MJ will get to #1.

And 300-350k in the USA for a #1 place (hitsdailydouble.com)

He might not reach 300K, now that we know tickets sale are lower than expected.

I am sure he will hit # 1...but how many album will he sale? That is the unknown.

Back