THIS IS IT Album Artwork

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date

Dangerous Incorporated

Guests
thisisit_003.jpg

thisisit_001.jpg

I have mixed feelings about the "official" silhouette - it looks like he has no shoulders.

And there are other ones I saw that were so much better, with the side point and the other arm over his head - that one was GORGEOUS.

But the inner CD images are PERFECT!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Oh God! the art work its fantastic, im gonna buy cause of it mainly, but Sony, i mean the track list, its like a joke for long time term fans, fans like me have all those songs already,

i guess its destined for new fans, which is great, but the new fans would eventualy buy the entire complete albums,
when i discovered Michael it was in 2001 and i was 12 i think, eventually i bought every single cd and dvd, this is just a compilation, almost nothing new but i'll buty cause is Michael is just that i wish more new material-_-

Wish they would have included more demos like the They Dont Care About Us (if they have it, may be Michael estate have the most important ones)

i think most unrealised works belong to Michael Jackson estate (that makes me HAPPY, cause i hate sony)

They will launch the THIS IS IT movie in DVD format RIGHT??? cause i die if they dont, see im addicted to Michael, seriously.

They will launch the THIS IS IT movie in DVD format RIGHT??? cause i die if they dont, see im addicted to Michael, seriously.

Oct. 12 (Bloomberg) -- The first new track by Michael Jackson to emerge since the star’s death is to be released online today.

The single, “This Is It,” will be posted on Jackson’s official Web Site at 12:00 a.m. New York time Monday. The site says it is “a brand new song” that “marks yet another exciting moment in music history for one of the world’s most revered artists; featuring backing vocals by Michael’s brothers.”

Jackson, 50, who died in June, sold 750 million records worldwide in his lifetime. The “King of Pop” was recognized by the Guinness Book of World Records as the Most Successful Entertainer of All Time, according to Sony Music Entertainment. In the week after his death, another 5 million albums were ordered, according to Billboard.

“This is it/ here I stand/ I’m the light of the world, I feel grand,” Jackson intones on a 40-second clip that has appeared on some Web sites.

The single was planned as the theme of Jackson’s sold-out “This Is It” concerts that would have started this July in London’s O2 Arena. He announced the concerts in March, telling fans “This is it, these will be my final show performances in London.”

The song trails a two-disc album of the same name that will be available internationally on Oct. 26 and North America on Oct. 27 through Sony’s Columbia/Epic Label Group. The album contains music from the movie “Michael Jackson’s This Is It,” which will have a limited run in theaters from Oct. 27 and will also be on DVD and Blu-ray.

Breathy Vocals

Fan Web sites say that the single was originally recorded as a demo about the time of Jackson’s 1991 album, “Dangerous.” The CD already had ballads with breathy vocals such as “Heal the World” -- which is a stronger tune -- and ended up weighted more toward upbeat numbers such as “Jam” and “In the Closet.”

The film will show Jackson as he rehearsed for his concerts. The album’s first disc features the original masters of some of Jackson’s biggest hits arranged in the same order as they appear in the movie. The disc ends with two versions of “This Is It,” one with an orchestral backing.

Disc two offers previously unreleased versions of Jackson songs. It also has a spoken word poem from the star entitled “Planet Earth” that has never been heard before.

“This Is It” inevitably will provoke tears among Jackson’s loyal fans, who will snap it up in their millions and see it as a tasteful way of honoring his talent. Others may see it as a mawkish milking of Jackson’s legacy. The song is neither the best nor worst of Jackson, and for those asking “is that it?” the answer is obvious -- there’s plenty more to come. Jackson tribute shows are planned in the next year, with the likelihood of more musicals and unreleased tracks. This is far from it for the star’s bandwagon.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601088&sid=aUmQe.y7QdXQ

Also the TII website said it will be on DVD when the site first came up.

Oct. 12 (Bloomberg) -- The first new track by Michael Jackson to emerge since the star’s death is to be released online today.

The single, “This Is It,” will be posted on Jackson’s official Web Site at 12:00 a.m. New York time Monday. The site says it is “a brand new song” that “marks yet another exciting moment in music history for one of the world’s most revered artists; featuring backing vocals by Michael’s brothers.”

Jackson, 50, who died in June, sold 750 million records worldwide in his lifetime. The “King of Pop” was recognized by the Guinness Book of World Records as the Most Successful Entertainer of All Time, according to Sony Music Entertainment. In the week after his death, another 5 million albums were ordered, according to Billboard.

“This is it/ here I stand/ I’m the light of the world, I feel grand,” Jackson intones on a 40-second clip that has appeared on some Web sites.

The single was planned as the theme of Jackson’s sold-out “This Is It” concerts that would have started this July in London’s O2 Arena. He announced the concerts in March, telling fans “This is it, these will be my final show performances in London.”

The song trails a two-disc album of the same name that will be available internationally on Oct. 26 and North America on Oct. 27 through Sony’s Columbia/Epic Label Group. The album contains music from the movie “Michael Jackson’s This Is It,” which will have a limited run in theaters from Oct. 27 and will also be on DVD and Blu-ray.

Breathy Vocals

Fan Web sites say that the single was originally recorded as a demo about the time of Jackson’s 1991 album, “Dangerous.” The CD already had ballads with breathy vocals such as “Heal the World” -- which is a stronger tune -- and ended up weighted more toward upbeat numbers such as “Jam” and “In the Closet.”

The film will show Jackson as he rehearsed for his concerts. The album’s first disc features the original masters of some of Jackson’s biggest hits arranged in the same order as they appear in the movie. The disc ends with two versions of “This Is It,” one with an orchestral backing.

Disc two offers previously unreleased versions of Jackson songs. It also has a spoken word poem from the star entitled “Planet Earth” that has never been heard before.

“This Is It” inevitably will provoke tears among Jackson’s loyal fans, who will snap it up in their millions and see it as a tasteful way of honoring his talent. Others may see it as a mawkish milking of Jackson’s legacy. The song is neither the best nor worst of Jackson, and for those asking “is that it?” the answer is obvious -- there’s plenty more to come. Jackson tribute shows are planned in the next year, with the likelihood of more musicals and unreleased tracks. This is far from it for the star’s bandwagon.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601088&sid=aUmQe.y7QdXQ
Thanks

That's quite nice actually, it looks more like a book than a CD :)

I like the new silhouettes:D Hopefully they catch on like his otehrs have. I mean how many peeps out there can be identified by nothing more than their shadow? Then again how many ppl can be identified by nothing more than their socks,lol

It looks like a little book.

Nice album set. Too bad that second disc only has four tracks.

WTF? Seriously?! thats kinda a waste of resources:mello: Do we have a track listing yet? Cuz from what I've been hearing from ya'll it looks like the only thing for dedicated fans is the new song, and the booklet.

Sony betta not eff up Mike's vision...

I am definitely buy the CD/DVD it will be Xmas present myself.

I will buy it but only because it's Michael. Sony piss me off quite a bit they way they are handling things

What is the exact difference between the 'ordinary' and the 'Collector's Edition'? And why is the Collector's Edition available to US customers only?? :scratch:

Back