This Estate, this Estate 🤦🏿‍♂️

Sigh.

It's not even funny, just embarrassing.
Yeah I don't get too bothered by the Estates silly viral posts or whatever. But this is pretty egregious. Maybe an overly sentimental fan could say that but as the official MJ account it's pretty borderline.

Yeah I don't get too bothered by the Estates silly viral posts or whatever. But this is pretty egregious. Maybe an overly sentimental fan could say that but as the official MJ account it's pretty borderline.
I need that entire team to go!(estate) They really pisses me tf off

probably the person running the social media account of the estate is like 22 and always confused from seeing fanmade stuff on youtube.. so he thinks it's real. Remember that fanmade "Whatever Happens" desert-kinda music video from like 15 years ago?

And it's flipped of course, no attention to detail (tapes on his right hand's fingers, not left) ...

bwt.jpg

And it's flipped of course, no attention to detail (tapes on his right hand's fingers, not left) ...
Perfect example of why I have zero faith in MJE. They do get some stuff right, for sure (musical is doing well) but there have been too many of these examples. Do they not know this stuff or are they just not paying attention to detail?

Rhetorical questions, btw. I'm just up on my soapbox. :(

Beautiful photo, obvs! :)

Perfect example of why I have zero faith in MJE. They do get some stuff right, for sure (musical is doing well) but there have been too many of these examples. Do they not know this stuff or are they just not paying attention to detail?

Rhetorical questions, btw. I'm just up on my soapbox. :(

Beautiful photo, obvs! :)
We don't know who's exactly responsible for their social media postings, themselves or an external agency, do we? Anyway, this shouldn't matter. And indeed it just happens over and over again like you mentioned in another thread.
Most of us fans can probably spot flipped images within a split second by his facial features alone but the finger tapes are a dead give away.
I know that the original photo is listed in its flipped (as posted by the MJE) state, probably even scanned the wrong way around – which decreases quality btw.

We don't know who's exactly responsible for their social media postings, themselves or an external agency, do we?
My understanding is the social media stuff has been outsourced. Fair enough but it's still stinks - imo - that they continue to make these mistakes. Each mistake could be considered a small thing (they're really not, though) but they all add up. It's embarrassing and unnecessary for this to even be happening. Just yesterday there was a tweet from mj.com with incorrect info re Mohammed Ben Sulayem. Another example where it could be said, 'oh, it's not that important, no biggie'. But they keep making these mistakes. It just looks crap, imo. Don't get me wrong, I don't spend huge amounts of time fretting over this stuff but I do get annoyed at the point when I see the mistake. It's just unprofessional, imo. And I do blame MJE. Bring the work in-house or find a better company!

Anyway, this shouldn't matter. And indeed it just happens over and over again like you mentioned in another thread.
It does. It's tiresome.

Most of us fans can probably spot flipped images within a split second by his facial features alone but the finger tapes are a dead give away.
I know that the original photo is listed in its flipped (as posted by the MJE) state,
I mean, I understand why they flipped it bc it fits the design of the page better, the placement of text etc. Fair enough but then why not just crop the photo better or pick a similar photo which doesn't show his hand? There's so many gorgeous BWT photos to choose from.

Anyway, enough moaning!

probably even scanned the wrong way around – which decreases quality btw.
oh, I didn't know that. Interesting!

^^ Exactly.

I mean, I understand why they flipped it bc it fits the design of the page better, the placement of text etc. Fair enough but then why not just crop the photo better or pick a similar photo which doesn't show his hand? There's so many gorgeous BWT photos to choose from.

There are instances when it was indeed an artistical choice, even during MJ's lifetime. The 'Will You Be There' cover is flipped. And I get that. I just don't think there was much thought in the recent BWT one like I said before, it's the way it's licensed. That's the issue we all take, not just a flipped image.

6d3df6495514d9d29ae72b6fc06882c3-4244102560.jpg

Portrait-2.jpg

oh, I didn't know that. Interesting!

Transparency slides/negatives are glossy on the front and matte on the back. The scanner has to read the glossy front for best results.

^^ Exactly.

There are instances when it was indeed an artistical choice, even during MJ's lifetime. The 'Will You Be There' cover is flipped. And I get that.
Totally agree. I'm not keen on photos being flipped but I accept that's just me being extra picky. I also can see why it gets used in certain circumstances, especially for magazine covers, for example. Sometimes it just has to be done. But make a good job of it, that's all I ask! Michael made a deliberate choice about which hand would get the finger tape. Pay attention, people!

I really am going to stop ranting about this now! :ROFLMAO:

I just don't think there was much thought in the recent BWT one like I said before, it's the way it's licensed. That's the issue we all take, not just a flipped image.
Exactly so.

Transparency slides/negatives are glossy on the front and matte on the back.
I'd completely forgotten that!

The scanner has to read the glossy front for best results.
oh god, that would make such a difference. Thanks for the info, really interesting.

Back