The Unfinished Rehearsals Featurette

And she is spinning & spinning... it must be painful! What a dedication!

And she is spinning & spinning... it must be painful! What a dedication!

Spinning and spinning and spinning... Imagine how much dedication, discipline and stamina it took to learn and master that. I wish I was that fit though. ;D

Tsk tsk tsk, I still haven't seen the Unfinished Rehearsals. If I had an account, I would've just gotten this off d*oid! I really dislike Sony for doing this.. ;(

BillieJean84, your signature pic is hilarious. LOVE IT!

"The unfinished Rehearsals" is only on the European blu-ray. And the 2 disk special editions dvd.

"The unfinished Rehearsals" is only on the European blu-ray. And the 2 disk special editions dvd.

No its not. its also on the collectors edition 2 disk dvd. I have it...

btw that doctor needs to DIE! i want to see mj "do" Dirty Diana!

It really is amazing. With SC the video was going to end with as Michael jumps out of the window on screen on the stage he was to roll out onto the stage, like he's just fallen on to the stage and rolled, with a tommy gun, stood up and shot at the screen, shooting up the Smooth Criminal graphic. Plus it was going to have crystal drop down chandeliers on stage with aerialists. For Dirty Diana there was going to be the bed and a temptress aerialist. MJ would have been on the bed with the aerialist and she ties him to the bed as she tempts him and climbs all over the bed. There was going to be red fabric shooting up to look like flames which is when the magic trick happens. It was going to be HOT!!!!

So thats what the fans recorded outside? I thought they said it was live?
that was recorded at the forrum i think so was jsut a rough rehearsal. i guess they didnt feel it was good enough to show in the film/dvd.

i found a

low quality streaming in vimeo like youtube

can i post the link of streaming video here ?

Isn't the collectors edition the same as the special edition? It seems to me the terms are used to mean the same thing. If not, could someone state the difference.

No its not. its also on the collectors edition 2 disk dvd. I have it...

btw that doctor needs to DIE! i want to see mj "do" Dirty Diana!

it's on my aussie blu-ray, to my surprise as it wasn't on the back cover! but yeh, just a few shots with michael with the beat it silver jacket and holding a black towel and lots of red light.

i think dirty diana was rehearsed with the bed, without michael but WITH the band.

Is there anywhere else we can watch it online? the one on youtube posted a few pages back has been removed by Sony (of course):doh:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j-0yGAT4peM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j-0yGAT4peM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Wow thanks a lot Victory, that would have been awesome.

Ok i really understood what would happen during Dirty Diana, how MJ would interact with the pole dancer, but I'm still trying to understand Smooth Criminal, in terms of stage performance, 'cause i understood how MJ would appear on stage after the vignette was played. There's just 3 things i don't understand & if someone could answer these question, i would be really grateful:

1. During what point of the performance would the screen with MJ & the dancer's silhouettes dancing change into the nightime backdrop displayed during the rest of the performance?

2. At what point of the performance would the chandeliers with the aerialists lower down from the ceiling?

3. Is it just me, or did i hear that Michael Cotten guy say that the aerialists were the ones who would shoot the dancers from the chandeliers when MJ sang the final "You've been hit by, you've been struck by a Smooth Criminal" verse?

Ok i really understood what would happen during Dirty Diana, how MJ would interact with the pole dancer, but I'm still trying to understand Smooth Criminal, in terms of stage performance, 'cause i understood how MJ would appear on stage after the vignette was played. There's just 3 things i don't understand & if someone could answer these question, i would be really grateful:

1. During what point of the performance would the screen with MJ & the dancer's silhouettes dancing change into the nightime backdrop displayed during the rest of the performance?

2. At what point of the performance would the chandeliers with the aerialists lower down from the ceiling?

3. Is it just me, or did i hear that Michael Cotten guy say that the aerialists were the ones who would shoot the dancers from the chandeliers when MJ sang the final "You've been hit by, you've been struck by a Smooth Criminal" verse?

To answer your questions (that's if i'm correct hehe),

1. I think once Michael would start singing the screens would go from the silhouette to the nightime... that then would turn into construction workers for TWYMMF!

2. If I'm correct during the end when everyone's dancing right before Michael last ligne "you've been hit by a smooth criminal".

3. I also think I heard that... I want to check again, but it does make sence to me that it would have been the arialists that would shoot the dancers, and then Michael would do his breakdown of TWYMMF in waiting for the "construction workers"

And to answer everyone's big question... this featurette is EXCLUSIVELY for Europe! I'm in france, and I got that featurette... and on the back it says "Bonus Exclusive Pour L'Europe".

Also, I remember not too long ago (now I don't know if it's true or not) a letter came out of someone who worked on This Is It, but didn't want to give it's identity or working station in the show (musician, technician, dancer, etc...) and said that anyone involved with This Is It is under heavy contract that pervence them from giving any more information on the shows than what's already public! And this person was saying that they didn't understand why they wouldn't show "Dirty Diana" and making it look like he never performed it, when this person says that they saw it with they're own eyes, Michael rehearsed Dirty Diana on stage! Only once, but he did do it! Also, this person says that Michael rehearsed Heal The World and Will You Be There... these performance exist! Now I don't know if this message was real or not... I for a fact believe it, especially after seeing the bonus featurettes... I know there's tones more performances that they don't want to show, like Dangerous, where we've clearly seen the pictures of Michael on stage in the green lazor affect, also on the DVD where you see the dancers rehearsing... so the question is, why hide those performances???

Last edited:

*bows down 2 victory* THANK THANK THANK YOU!!!

Wow, IMO Dirty Diana would have been the best piece on the tour. Can you imagine the emotion, especially with the fans all with the candles like in the BAD tour.... AMAZING

I just saw it on youtube and I must say that would of been one hell of a show!!!

and I finally know what the spinning pole dancing experts were for all this time I thought they were there to perform "Who is it"

And to answer everyone's big question... this featurette is EXCLUSIVELY for Europe! I'm in france, and I got that featurette... and on the back it says "Bonus Exclusive Pour L'Europe".

Also, I remember not too long ago (now I don't know if it's true or not) a letter came out of someone who worked on This Is It, but didn't want to give it's identity or working station in the show (musician, technician, dancer, etc...) and said that anyone involved with This Is It is under heavy contract that pervence them from giving any more information on the shows than what's already public! And this person was saying that they didn't understand why they wouldn't show "Dirty Diana" and making it look like he never performed it, when this person says that they saw it with they're own eyes, Michael rehearsed Dirty Diana on stage! Only once, but he did do it! Also, this person says that Michael rehearsed Heal The World and Will You Be There... these performance exist! Now I don't know if this message was real or not... I for a fact believe it, especially after seeing the bonus featurettes... I know there's tones more performances that they don't want to show, like Dangerous, where we've clearly seen the pictures of Michael on stage in the green lazor affect, also on the DVD where you see the dancers rehearsing... so the question is, why hide those performances???

Well my good man the question to that is obvious.....

Money

Next summer the sequel to This Is It properly titled "That Wasn't It" will have all the remaining rehearsals that we diddnt see :rofl:

Back