The Top 20 Albums of All Time

Thriller has held a place in entertainment lore for the past quarter-century. The album sold more than 100 million copies, seven Top Ten singles, SEVEN Grammys (4 Grammy`s not true) and eight American Music Awards. The Thriller 25 Anniversary album sold more than 2 million worldwide - still timeless and populare.

The album Thriller is an influential contribution to music history (not only in the sector of sales figures) - it deserves always a top spot.

Last edited:
^^^^Bruce Springsteen's "Born In The USA" album also has 7 top 10 singles.

Not only should Thriller be #1.. Other MJ albums should have been on the list.

Not only should Thriller be #1.. Other MJ albums should have been on the list.

They only picked the albums that sold more than 9 million, lol. Unfortunately MJ's other albums haven't been re-certified and THRILLER has been in everybody's home, of course, you're gonna expect something like this. He'll never be "#1" no matter how hard we try to prove the point. :lol:

STEVIE WONDER IS MY HERO! :shades: :lol:

I think that at least 1 other michael Jackson album should be there. What on earth did they base this countdown on the least amount of records sold and Grammys won, wins #1. Thriller should with out a doubt be on #1 TOP #1. It's HIStoric.

Last edited:
Personally, I think Dangerous is his best album.

As far as Thriller, it absolutely could be number one and any arguement as to why it SHOULD be is legit. It's the biggest, most well-known and successful album ever.

But, because I'm also a Stevie fan and have a lot of knowledge on "Songs In The Key Of Life", I've heard in interviews where MJ said how he was mesmerized when he got to sit in the background and watch Stevie create the masterpiece. The album is 2-Discs and has everything from jazz, funk, R&B, pop, soul... some of the songs to me are as haunting as people describe "Billie Jean". Listen to "Another Star": on the top, it's a latin-tinged beast of a dance/party track. Underneath, it's a song essentially saying that his former love might be able to move on, but he will not. ("For you, there might be a brighter star, but through my eyes, the light of you is all I see."). It's really awesome how the tone and lyrics are total opposites, yet the song still works beautifully.

"Love's In Need Of Love Today" is one of the first popular peace anthems: it's a precursor to "We Are The World" and "Man In The Mirror". ("Hate's goin' round, breaking many hearts. Stop it please, before it's gone too far.")

We all know how awesome "I Wish", "Sir Duke" and "Isn't She Lovely" are.

"As" is a beast of a song... an epic piece of song writing.

"Joy Inside My Tears" sounds like someone laughing and crying simultaneously, it's got a very sublime tone.

It's a massive album full of Stevie doing almost all of the writing and much of the instrument-playing himself, with top collaboration with engineers and instrumentalists. I can see why this album is number one.

Last edited:
No one is gonna diss Stevie, unless they're one of the ignorant folk over at the yahoo blog. He's amazing and I'm not mad that his album got the top spot. Based on the criteria this guy used, I'm a little confused, but I'm not mad.

I'm more annoyed at, again, the lack of recognition for Michael's other work. To me, "Bad" and "History" are Michael's best albums, and "Dangerous" is just as good to me as "Thriller", and actually has more songs on it that I'm blown away by then on "Thriller".

l don't think about this chart it's bullshit thriller is number one even michael said that it's number.
and it doesn't matter that we see this in yahoo or google.....

Thriller is great, but I personally think Songs In The Key Of Life is better. It may not have sold as much, but sales are not really an indicator of musical quality.

This is bull crap thats all i say. Michael should of been num 1. I have nothing against stevie wonder but he is no Michael Jackson, but then again who is.

That's the point so why compare and complain? :lol: I could see why either THRILLER or SITKOL would be #1 on anyone's list anyway.

Back