The speech about Michael that gave me top grade!

xo_lola_xo

Proud Member
We have to do a solo talk lasting 3 to 5 minutes about someone we'd like to meet. The mark was worth 1/3 of our English standard grade exam, i chose Michael and i got a 1 (Top grade :D) I would like to post it here.

"The person i'd like to meet is very special, he is my idol and you all know him. It's Michael Jackson. Before i explain why, i'll just introduce him better.

He is the most successful recording artist in history, selling 750 million units, he has now broke the records of The Beatles and Elvis according to the Guinness World Records 2006 and SongBMG. From being to first artist to break the colourline of MTV to having the biggest audience for his superbowl performance in 1993, he is the highest paid entertainer in music. His album Thriller, is the biggest selling album in history selling 104 million records worldwide.

He is also a great humanitarian, giving over $200 million dollars to charity and setting up his own foundations, "Heal The World" and "Heal The Kids"

There are many reasons why i would like to meet him but the main reasons are to let him know why i admire him and what he's taught me. I would also like to ask him a few things because his is much wiser than what most people think.

I would like to tell him how much he inspired me when he kept strong and smiling throughtout his child molestion trial. When people go to court, they are upset, ashamed, look to the floor and some even cover their faces but Michael done the opposite because he knew the truth and he certainly got to last laugh when the media, who spent lots of money expecting a guilty verdict, found out that they had lost this one. I thought he'd change after that, but he hasn't, not even in the slightest way and if he has, it's only for the better. That, to me, is the definition of a true man.

Moving on, i would like to tell him how he's inspired me through his music, speech and most importantly, his own actions. He taught me how important it it NOT to be prejudiced, racist, arrogant and how wrong it is to discriminate and also, feeling sorry for those less fortunate is pointless, you must help, but i think the most important thing he taught me is that the human mind is the most powerful thing, as you become, what you believe.

Out of the many things i would like to ask him, a few of those are how does he control all his angry, especially when stories are twisted and turned and how does he control his pain when people look at him like he's an alien. He said something that really touched me and it was "Before you judge me, try hard to love me".

The place where i would like to meet Michael is in his own Neverland Ranch and that is because he hasn't stepped foot in it since mid 2005. I want him to look back and acknowledge that although it contains some bad memories for him, it has brought much more joy for him, other people and his children. I want to remember that the world he created behind gates is a reflection of himself, of what he loves, what he wishes he did do and what he wishes he can do.

In conclusion to this, if i met Michael, i'd be more intrested in him than my own story so i'll simply look him in the eyes and say "Thank You, because i once had very low self esteem and how, because of you it's as high as can be and i'm way past the stage of caring about what others think about me." Thanks to Michael, i am no longer and idiot who is easliy convinced by the media and for those of you who still think Michael's a pedophile, i pity you because your prejudice outlook on life is sure, to someday, make you unpopular.

Thank You for listening".

Wow! I'm doing my Standard Grades as well. :D

What were your teacher and classmates' reaction when you talked about Michael?

Well said! Bravo! you really deserve to have highest grade. I did it too when i was in 8th grade and i got a high grades too and i organized debate that was not pursue. sad. Thanks... you really are amazing.

Wow! I'm doing my Standard Grades as well. :D

What were your teacher and classmates' reaction when you talked about Michael?

They were very curious cause they knew it would be about Michael and they all said it was good and they all voted me a one. :D

Thank you for sharing. I'm glad you got a 1! Well deserved. Amazing how you can limit a speech about MJ to 3/5 minutes.
But, question: The guinness book of world records has stated 300 Mio. for charity organisations, right ? And I'm sure Michael has even much more donated. With All the tours and charity projects.

Awh that's lovely! This sums up Michael's fans views on him and the way he's treated and portrayed!
If this has changed one person's views on M.J then you've succeeded! x
Great work! x

That's awesome :D Congrat on ur great work :punk:

Very well done, great piece. I wish I had to do that for my English GCSE (not sure what the difference between that and a standard grade exam?) but I had to write about someTHING! Not someONE! >:•( but great grade well deserved.

AWWW! I had a tear in my eyes too!
That was REALLY good :yes:
I did a MJ project for my speech class and I went all out! lol, I brought videos dvds cd's I played music, had a power point with tons of pics on it...etc...lol
Our assingment was to explain the life of someone famous. I kinda wish mine was more like yours so that I could've explained what Michael means to me personally :yes:
GREAT job!

Wow, you totally captured the main reasons why I'd also like to meet him! :yes:

Well done, you really deserved the best grade! :flowers:

Thank you ALL very very much for your great compliment! :wub:

I'm so glad you liked it :D

Good for you. MJ fans are doing a fine job of putting him out there. I hope you get good grades.:D

Yeah, I got two A's in English :D

Now I'm just waiting for my AS results in August :scratch:

Btw, UK fans I was in Dunelm Mill Shop the other day looking at frames and I saw this purple painting of MJ from Give In To Me for 99p. Bargain or what? :p I couldn't find the sort of frame that I wanted so I bought that instead :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah, I got two A's in English :D

Now I'm just waiting for my AS results in August :scratch:

Btw, UK fans I was in Dunelm Mill Shop the other day looking at frames and I saw this purple painting of MJ from Give In To Me for 99p. Bargain or what? :p I couldn't find the sort of frame that I wanted so I bought that instead :lol:
Whooo chile, Michael jackson fans has to be some of the brightesat on the planet. Good luck with your AS.:D

Wow, that is great speech, really.
Congratulations, I'm sure you really deserved the best grade :)

For part of my English GCSE exam we had to teach a skill to the class. Obviously with the class having over 30 people, the number of different skills you could cover were pretty small. I chose to teach the Moonwalk hahaha. Got to play MJ's music in the background and stuff, and people in my class thought it was pretty cool.

For part of my English GCSE exam we had to teach a skill to the class. Obviously with the class having over 30 people, the number of different skills you could cover were pretty small. I chose to teach the Moonwalk hahaha. Got to play MJ's music in the background and stuff, and people in my class thought it was pretty cool.
:DGood on you.:clapping:

It's very good, Congrats on the good grade.
I specially loved the part about him returning to Neverland...great work.

Wow, this is great!! :clap:

congratulations, it was a great speech, Michael would be very proud, Im sure! :)
u deserved the higher grade!

Wow, this is great!! :clap:

congratulations, it was a great speech, Michael would be very proud, Im sure! :)
u deserved the higher grade!

Aww thank you! :D :D

It's very good, Congrats on the good grade.
I specially loved the part about him returning to Neverland...great work.

Yeah my favourite bits are the neverland bit and the last part.

Once again, thank you.

Back