The release of a second Single is Urgent now...

Traditionally the second single from his albums has always been an up tempo single so I guess we'll just have to wait for the news from Sony.

Well, 'You Are Not Alone' was the second single from HIStory, but it was released like 2 months after the album release and 2,5 months after 'Scream' in the US. Amazingly although it was #1 song the album didn't climb at all in US. In Europe it was almost 3 months between those singles and there the album was already out of top 10 but climbed back to #4 in UK. I think it's always been somehow easier to climb in Europe no matter what the style if just the song is good. But uptempo songs in two months after the album release have usually made the album climb overally world-widely better. It's probably because that's what people expect from Michael. And we have to remember it's only like two weeks since the album release. Imo as long as it stays in top 20 in most of the countries, there's well enough time to release the next single. I think there's even more time nowadays than in the past because the album sales are lower so it's easier to climb.

the best solution was to released another day in 1st single, and not a 2-year-old song already known by millions people across the world, now what to do??? Maybe Hollywood tonight in 2nd single, but not monster the song is too controversial, but I am afraid it is too late now!

Yep! this is the only song that has the most potential to be a hit unfortunately.

I disagree...Hollywood tonight is an instant Hit too and "another day" can touch the rock audience

Their using the peak and valley idea michael always did and talked about.

Sony IMO is waiting to get the most out of hold my hand and waiting for the hype to die down a bit , and then coming back with a monster hit (monster) which will indeed shoot the album back to the top spot. Just throwing it out there

Their using the peak and valley idea michael always did and talked about.

Sony IMO is waiting to get the most out of hold my hand and waiting for the hype to die down a bit , and then coming back with a monster hit (monster) which will indeed shoot the album back to the top spot. Just throwing it out there

Possible. It's just a few weeks ago that HMH got released, so I think they're gonna wait 'till mid January or early February for another Single release, then another Single in April.

I don't think that a 2nd, 3rd or 4th single could save "Michael" now..............

They said they may do Monster, but if they don't do that I don't really know what else they'd use for a single. Hold My Hand kind of had to be a single.

Unfortunately, this album is not getting nearly the attention it deserves, but the main reason behind that is that Michael isn't alive. If Michael Jackson were alive and releasing his new album, people would be going nuts. It's the sad fact that he's not with us anymore to make the album what it should be.

The weird thing about the album is that only one song on it is really completed and ready to be released as singles, the other songs are all made up from rough demos, except maybe Best of Joy, which would probably be the my choice as next single.

If SONY don't release Monster as a single, we may as well forget the album all together, pointless to release anything else imo.

I completely disagree. Monster, IMO, is one of the worst songs on the entire CD (probably cuz it sounds nothing like MJ). There are much better options for a single, like Hollywood Tonight or Another Day.

Someone mentioned 'peak and valley'. I hope they are doing that because that'd be what he would do so it's kinda bow for Michael. It's better to make the album visible as long-term as possible by letting it fall some on the charts when people have stopped talking about the album release or the earlier single release and then the new sales peak will make it again as much visible as it could be then. I hope they won't release 'Monster' next. They could release it later if they really want to. Next should be 'Hollywood Tonight', then 'Another Day', and then 'Monster' (if there's any point releasing it)..

I really believe great songs don't have to be that much 'promoted', only to make them known. I mean you don't need actually anyone personally promoting it if it's just advertised a lot. Then when it becomes a hit it starts to advertise itself. Everyone knows Michael won't come back to dance to the rhythms because he left but they still love his music because no matter what else he did it was all about the music..

You all don't think Behind the Mask has potential?

- other mentioned in this thread : not commercial enough, sound different even though his vocal is much better than in HT .

I guess they will choose either HT or Monster. Will have to wait and see then.

HT could have been an awesome choice for the second single, but its production is just HORRIBLE. I'm sorry, Teddy, but you sucked.

BTM is great, but it's too obvious that Michael's voice is somewhere from 80's, so I doubt Sony would release it

Monster... Um, it would cause too much controversy. Sony's under strong pressure now, and I don't think they would blow the fire.

BOJ is probably the best song on the album (imo), but, unfortunately, the mainstream audience won't understand it. It's a kind of song that Michael wrote 'for himself' and for the fans, so, though the song is amazing, I think it has very little chance to be the second single

So I guess it would be HT. If they've released it on the album, they might think that its production is ok...

If SONY don't release Monster as a single, we may as well forget the album all together, pointless to release anything else imo.

Agreed. No matter the controversy or how you feel about the track, the fact is that it may make the most sense to release this because of 50 Cent. If they really want to have a "hit" other than "Hold My Hand" I think the only hit can be this track. And I know people aren't going to like me saying that for many reasons but I truly believe that. That isn't to say that the other songs are bad or whatever but it is to say that it is the only one that I could picture say making a "top 5" singles".

The other tracks....eh. Best of Joy might be a nice single but not really "hit" worthy if you know what I mean. Some of these tracks might be nice singles but nothing that I would say would make people go, "Wow this is hot. I'm gonna have to check the rest of this album out".

It should be double A side. Behind The Mask & Another Day or if they're too similar then AD & Monster.

BTM is the best song on the album but AD deserves release status as it's 'new' MJ.

BTM and AD deserve to be the second single, and if there is a third, HT.

In the current music scene, there are really only three songs that would make any dent on the music chart. Those 3 songs are: Monster, Hollywood Tonight, and The Way You Love Me. The latter two I still don't think would reach top 40 in the US or UK. That really leaves Monster as the only song that has a standing chance of hitting Top 20 in most countries. People love fast MJ, and this is really funky and everyone who listens to it loves it. The 50 Cent verse will draw in some younger crowds and Monster has been the best selling digital download on the album globally not including HMH. Also, most people are obsessed with Thriller and Monster reminds people of that with it's horror theme.

So based on that, release Monster.

What do you mean by saying "save"?
^^^^^
Krshna means like stop from "michael" album from slipping off the charts
^^^^^
Thank you, that's exactly what I mean!!!!

Why all the negativity?

Because Sony and the estate have messed the whole "Michael" project up. If they did things properly, the there's no doubt that they would have had both single and album number ones from most of Europe and North America........maybe even Christmas number one!!!!

Back