The origin of your name

My name is Karina.
Origin: Swedish (Dear; beloved one) and Greek (Pure).
Pronunciation: (ka REE nah)
Used in: English, German and Polish speaking countries
From of: Katherine

This is a more modern name in Poland (still very rare here). In Russia, this name is likely derived from Ekaterina. In Poland famous one is Katherine.

Karina has 11 variant forms: Kareen, Kareena, Kareina, Karena, Karenah, Karene, Karin, Karine, Karinna, Karinne and Karyna.
It's only a girl name :)

Oh that's fun. Let me try, let me try.

The boy's name Jordan \j(o)-rdan, jor-dan\, also used as girl's name Jordan, is pronounced JOR-dan. It is of Hebrew origin, and the meaning of Jordan is "down-flowing". Name of the major river in Palestine, used as a given name since the Crusades. The short form Jordi is also a Catalan variant of George. Jourdaine and Jourdan are French forms. The name is influenced by the fame of basketball celebrity Michael Jordan and Nike's line of Air Jordan athletic shoes.

The girl's name Marta \m(a)-rta, mar-ta\ is a variant of Martha (Aramaic) and Martina (Latin), and the meaning of Marta is "lady; mistress of the house; dedicated to Mars".

The girl name Erika is pronounced as EHRihKah. The name Erika came from Old Norse and means "eternal/ honourable ruler". Also used in Germany, Scandinavian countries,Czech and Hungary. Also used in English speaking countries as "Erica".

The boy's name Phillip (ph(i)-lip) is pronounced FIL-ip. It is of Greek origin, and the meaning of Philip is "horse lover". Biblical: one of the 12 apostles. Common since early Christian times. Philippe (fil-LEEP) is a French form.

Phillip has 20 variant forms: Felipe, Felipo, Filep, Filip, Filippo, Fillip, Fyllip, Phil, Philipp, Philippe, Philippos, Philippus, Philips, Philip, Phillips, Philly, Phyllip, Pilipo, Pip and Pippo.

just want to remind you that my name means Beautiful Strong Gazelle :naughty: so if you wanna mess with me, you'd better think twice :sleep:

The girl's name Nikki \n(ik)-
ki\, also used as boy's name Nikki, is pronounced NIH-kee. It is of English origin. Short form of Nicole. Nic- and Nik- variants are used in many cultures. Nikki (NEE-kee) is also a Japanese surname probably meaning "two trees".

The girl's name Erica, Old Norse for "ever powerful" or "ruler of the people." It is also frequently spelled Erika. It's pronunciation is Eh-Ri-kah.

My mom got the name from Erica Kane, a long running character on the soap opera All My Children. lol

Irina, one of the many variants of the greek 'Eirene', Goddess of Peace and Happiness.

"Eirene, (Ancient Greek: ??????, pronounced [ei?r??n??]; Greek ...constituted a public appeal to good sense."

There are also a few Saints around by that name, one in particular "she was tortured in various ways by four different Kings". Yeah.

My parents couldn't decide between Katherine and Irina, but they said I looked like Irina to them, lol.

The girl's name Elvina \e-lvi-na, el-vina\ is of Old English origin, and the meaning of Elvina is "elf or magical being, friend". Feminine form of Elvin. Also possibly a place name or from an Old German name meaning "foreign, true".
In Russian it's ???????. I was named after my grandmother :)

Back