The origin of your name

MJstarlight

Guests
I thought this could be fun
What is the origin of your name?

Heres mine:

The girl's name Shayla
sha(y)la\ is pronounced SHAY-lah. It is of Gaelic origin, and its meaning is "from the fairy palace". A variant of Sheila (Irish, Gaelic) "blind". Also possibly a short form of Micheala, from Michael (Hebrew)

http://www.thinkbabynames.com/

:D

I love the origin of my name, fits me perfectly!!!
whats yours?

The girl's name Natalia \n(a)-ta-lia\ is a variant of Natalie (Latin) and Natalya (Latin), and the meaning of Natalia is "birthday".

:)

I just love your name Shayla. I love it even more it is a short form of Micheala.
Another name that I just absolutely love.

Any way my first name is Jennifer. I had never like my first name because it was just too dead common when I was in school. Well that what happens when your mother gives you a name that was the second most popular girl name of the 80s. Even though I don't like the name Jennifer. Which means White, fair, smooth I do how ever love where it originated from. Jennifer is of Cornish form of the Welsh name Gwenhwyfar or Guinevere.

In Arthurian legend she was the beautiful wife of King Arthur who engaged in an adulterous affair with Sir Lancelot. Her betrayal of her husband with Mordred prompted the battle of Camlann, which led to the deaths of both Mordred and Arthur.

King Arthur has always been one of my absolute favorite stories. Then again I pretty much love any story that has do with England's HIStory.

My middle name is the name that I really love it is Marie. Which is of French, Czech, German, English, Scandinavian origion. It is another form of Mary. Meaning "star of the sea" or "sea of bitterness".

Yeah I know my first 2 initials is MJ and that is what I so love about it. Cause I have the same first 2 initials as Michael except in reversed. Another reason why I love my middle name so much more than my first name. Is because Michael did a song called Maria (You Were The Only One). And Maria is very close to Marie. Maria is one of my absolute favorite songs that he did back in the 70s. If I had enough money I would have my name leagally changed to Michaela Josephine. Since it is the female form of Michael's first 2 names. My last name I might keep because I kind of like it. Cause my last name is of 7 letters and it does end in a N just like Michael's last name.

Ohh I love this, it's very interesting.

The girl's name Bianca \bi(an)-ca\ is pronounced bee-AHNK-ah. It is of Italian origin, and its meaning is "white, pure". Variant of Blanche (French). The meek younger daughter in Shakespeare's "The Taming of the Shrew", a courtesan in "Othello", and the subject of a song in a spin-off musical "Kiss Me, Kate". Also made famous by former Rolling Stone wife Bianca Jagger, who was a Nicaraguan fashion model, peace worker, and diplomat. The name is appropriate for a fair-haired baby. Blanca is the Spanish form.

Thanks for posting this, starlight. :)

The boy's name Nicholas \n(i)-cho-las\ is pronounced NIK-oh-lus. It is of Greek origin, and its meaning is "people of victory". Biblical: one of seven "qualified men" in the first-century Christian congregation. Saint Nicholas (fourth century) is known as the patron saint of Greece and Russia, children, scholars, sailors, and pawnbrokers, and (via his Dutch name, Sinte Klaas) the original Santa Claus. Five popes and two emperors of Russia have borne the name. Nicholai, Nicolai, Niklos are Slavic forms; Nickolaus, Nikolaus are German; Nikolai is Polish, Russian; Niccolo, Nicoli, Nicolo are Italian; Nikolos is Greek; Nils is Swedish; Niels is Danish. Theatre director Nikos Psacharapolous; Dickens' novel "Nicholas Nickleby"; actors Nicholas Cage, Nikolas Grace, Nicol Williamson; composer Nicolai Rimsky-Korsakov; political philosopher Niccolo Machiavelli.

The girl's name Angela \a-nge- la, an- gela\ is pronounced AN-je-lah. It is of Greek origin, and its meaning is "messenger; messenger of God". From Church Latin, a feminine form of the boy's name Angelus. The older feminine form Angelis has been replaced by Angela, which became popular in Britain and America from the 18th century. The word "angel" is also used as an affectionate term for a good (or pretty) girl. Angie is the pet form; Aingeal is the Irish Gaelic version. Actresses Angela Lansbury, Angelis Dickinson, Angela Bassett, Angelina Jolie, Angie Harmon.

Kane (kah-NAY) is also a Japanese surname meaning "putting together; money"

Hmm... not how I pronounce it but ok then LOL.

The boy's name Sami \s(a)- mi\, also used as girl's name Sami, is pronounced SAH-mee. It is of Arabic origin, and its meaning is "on high, exalted".

Meh, not how i pronounce mine.. Here we say "Sæmmi".

The girl's name Hilda \hi(l)-da\ is pronounced HILL-dah. It is of Old German origin, and its meaning is "battle woman". Saint Hilda (seventh century) was a much-esteemed abbess of her time in England.

The girl's name Suzanne \s(u)-
zanne,
suz(an)-
ne\ is of French origin. Variant of Susan. Ballerina Suzanne Farrell; actresses Suzanne Pleshette, Suzanne Sommers.

Mine doesn't say what it means.

Edit: Oh, I guess it means "Lily", looking up the variant name "Susan". I have read that before, now that I think about it.

Lisa is a short form of Elizabeth.

Significance:
Hebrew elischeba = "the god revered, consecrated to God." Other interpretation: "my God is abundance".

The girl's name Alyssa \a-lyssa, al(ys)-sa\ is pronounced ah-LISS-ah. It is of Greek origin, and its meaning is "rational". Also the name of a bright yellow flower, alyssum.

----> my names not pronouced ah-LISS-ah

its, ah-LEE-sa
pronounced, LISA, with an 'A' in front hehehe

The girl's name Angeliki \a-ngeli-ki, an-ge-liki\ is a variant of Angela (Greek) (that's the way family and friends call me) and Angelica (Latin), and the meaning of Angeliki is messenger; messenger of God; which has its root in the Greek angelos (messenger). :angel: The word "angel" is also used as an affectionate term for a good (or pretty) girl. Angie is the pet form.

In Greek you write Αγγελική

Varieties: Angelika, Angeles, Angelique, Angelina, Angela
Famous people: Angela Lansbury, Angela Bassett, Angelina Jolie.

My name means "beautiful" or "graceful". It also means "gazelle". My other name means "strong". So, my name is "Beautiful Strong Gazelle" :D

Last edited:
Back