The myth of Michael Jackson in Vegas (Interesting Article)

The media's stupid. Even when they make positive comments, I just don't trust them especially when they print out rumors about what they think the celebrity would do, be it MJ or anybody else. That's why it's hopeless waiting on MJ material when the only things we can trust is media blurbs and gossip but nothing fore coming. That's why these articles keep getting made. It's annoying but this is what they've been doing FOR YEARS. Only thing Murdock did was make it worse but it was already bad in the beginning. Least to me.

F**k the media. Real talk.

I agree, the whole thing has snowballed from whispers about what MJ might have in mind to common knowledge that he's putting on a world tour. It's crazy.

I'm going to try and find that thread on Rupert Murdoch. I don't really buy the whole friendship thing with Paul either.

I agree, the whole thing has snowballed from whispers about what MJ might have in mind to common knowledge that he's putting on a world tour. It's crazy.

I'm going to try and find that thread on Rupert Murdoch. I don't really buy the whole friendship thing with Paul either.

I think you might have to look in the MJJF archives. Let us know if you find it. It would be nice to have a link.

I do not think it is that personal, per say he's(Murdock) doing it for Paul and friendship. However the true weallth of the land(California prices) and the ever increasing Sony/ Atv 600,000+ songs (the media just says half the Beatles Cat.)value($4-5 billion) is the root; the fact that MJ no longer has to work or come up with album after album or even tour. This they hate, MJ always says, I do not want to tour until I'm old; like James Brown did until he died right before a tour. There is an effort to push/ pressur him back on stage to get him back in the industry ready or not. Also they will be-little everything he does;I.E. the Michelle Obama treatment. I too believe Mj assets make him a billionaire at least twice over; yet Forbes, WSJ and the rest never acknowledges how rich he is despite the "debts". The media as a whole always states only debts that seem to increase with every story(nearly $400 million as of the WSJ); as if he has not earned a dime since 1993. His independence is a serious issue for a massive group in both the media and entertainment business. I hope MJ wins because his battle is far from over(MJ knows this) so he is being as careful and particular as possible.He will move when it is right and not before.

I agree 100%.
Nice post.

I think I found the Rupert Murdoch background info that you mentioned EC

The thread it was posted in (Who Owns Those Tabloids) http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?p=332254&highlight=rupert+murdoch#post332254

And the actual background info is actually from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rupert_Murdoch

Start of business career

Rupert Murdoch returned from Oxford to become managing director of News Limited in 1953. Through his leadership, the staff and the circulation and advertising revenue began to grow. He began to direct his attention to acquisition and expansion. He bought the Sunday Times in Perth, Western Australia and, using the tabloid techniques of Lord Northcliffe, made it a success.[citation needed]
In 1956, Murdoch began publishing Australia's first and most successful weekly television magazine, TV Week, at Southdown Press in Melbourne, which also published Australia's oldest women's magazine New Idea. With the Perth paper, the TV magazine and a re-energised New Idea all providing a steady and improving cash flow he was able to obtain finance for more expansion from the Commonwealth Bank of Australia, a government-owned bank dedicated to supporting Australian business development.
A defining moment in Murdoch's life was the Stuart case in Adelaide when The News began a campaign to free Max Stuart, a young Aboriginal carnival worker, who had been convicted of the murder of a small girl on a beach near Ceduna, South Australia in late 1958. Stuart had been sentenced to death by hanging. The News was openly critical of the case and investigated it extensively. The death penalty was eventually commuted to life imprisonment.
The campaign by The News raised the ire of the Premier of South Australia, Sir Thomas Playford. He established a royal commission, conducted by the state's Chief Justice, the same judge who had passed sentence on Stuart. The outcome was a confirmation of Stuart's guilt and a recommendation that News Ltd (of which Murdoch was managing director) and its editor be charged with nine counts of seditious libel, a form of treason based on medieval English law, and criminal libel. Eight of the charges were thrown out, but the jury could not agree on the ninth, which the prosecution subsequently withdrew. This experience gave Murdoch a taste of the overwhelming power of popularly elected politicians and would shape the future policies of all his newspapers. (In 2002, he financed a motion picture Black and White, a fictionalised version of the Stuart story.) Shortly after the case, Murdoch replaced Rivett as editor of The News.

I think I found the Rupert Murdoch background info that you mentioned EC

The thread it was posted in (Who Owns Those Tabloids) http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?p=332254&highlight=rupert+murdoch#post332254

And the actual background info is actually from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rupert_Murdoch

Start of business career

Rupert Murdoch returned from Oxford to become managing director of News Limited in 1953. Through his leadership, the staff and the circulation and advertising revenue began to grow. He began to direct his attention to acquisition and expansion. He bought the Sunday Times in Perth, Western Australia and, using the tabloid techniques of Lord Northcliffe, made it a success.[citation needed]
In 1956, Murdoch began publishing Australia's first and most successful weekly television magazine, TV Week, at Southdown Press in Melbourne, which also published Australia's oldest women's magazine New Idea. With the Perth paper, the TV magazine and a re-energised New Idea all providing a steady and improving cash flow he was able to obtain finance for more expansion from the Commonwealth Bank of Australia, a government-owned bank dedicated to supporting Australian business development.
A defining moment in Murdoch's life was the Stuart case in Adelaide when The News began a campaign to free Max Stuart, a young Aboriginal carnival worker, who had been convicted of the murder of a small girl on a beach near Ceduna, South Australia in late 1958. Stuart had been sentenced to death by hanging. The News was openly critical of the case and investigated it extensively. The death penalty was eventually commuted to life imprisonment.
The campaign by The News raised the ire of the Premier of South Australia, Sir Thomas Playford. He established a royal commission, conducted by the state's Chief Justice, the same judge who had passed sentence on Stuart. The outcome was a confirmation of Stuart's guilt and a recommendation that News Ltd (of which Murdoch was managing director) and its editor be charged with nine counts of seditious libel, a form of treason based on medieval English law, and criminal libel. Eight of the charges were thrown out, but the jury could not agree on the ninth, which the prosecution subsequently withdrew. This experience gave Murdoch a taste of the overwhelming power of popularly elected politicians and would shape the future policies of all his newspapers. (In 2002, he financed a motion picture Black and White, a fictionalised version of the Stuart story.) Shortly after the case, Murdoch replaced Rivett as editor of The News.

Yes. That is exactly the piece I was thinking of. It is quite painful to me to read how someone who started out for all appearances quite idealistic to become so caught up in the quest of power that they forget (or seemingly so) their original intent.

Thank you for finding it.

Last edited:
No problem. I'm also quite amazed about it. You would think he would be the opposite of what he became. And since he made that movie in 2002, it would seem that he hasn't forgotten his original intent, which is all the more mystifying.

No problem. I'm also quite amazed about it. You would think he would be the opposite of what he became. And since he made that movie in 2002, it would seem that he hasn't forgotten his original intent, which is all the more mystifying.

It is like he learned the lesson about power but in his personal hurt he lost his humanity along the way. It goes back to that business about power corrupting. And it is all to easy for us to sort people into bins as good or evil but human beings are more compicated than that. And how they got to where they are at and the impact that one person can have on how that comes about...........

reminds me of a poem I like

Drop a Pebble in the Water

Drop a pebble in the water: just a splash, and it is gone;
But there's half-a-hundred ripples circling on and on and on,
Spreading, spreading from the center, flowing on out to the sea.
And there is no way of telling where the end is going to be.

Drop a pebble in the water: in a minute you forget,
But there's little waves a-flowing, and there's ripples circling yet,
And those little waves a-flowing to a great big wave have grown;
You've disturbed a mighty river just by dropping in a stone.

Drop an unkind word, or careless: in a minute it is gone;
But there's half-a-hundred ripples circling on and on and on.
They keep spreading, spreading, spreading from the center as they go,
And there is no way to stop them, once you've started them to flow.

Drop an unkind word, or careless: in a minute you forget;
But there's little waves a-flowing, and there's ripples circling yet,
And perhaps in some sad heart a mighty wave of tears you've stirred,
And disturbed a life was happy ere you dropped that unkind word.

Drop a word of cheer and kindness: just a flash and it is gone;
But there's half-a-hundred ripples circling on and on and on,
Bearing hope and joy and comfort on each splashing, dashing wave
Till you wouldn't believe the volume of the one kind word you gave.

Drop a word of cheer and kindness: in a minute you forget;
But there's gladness still a-swelling, and there's joy acircling yet,
And you've rolled a wave of comfort whose sweet music can be heard
Over miles and miles of water just by dropping one kind word.

James W. Foley

Yup that's so true. I like the poem, I've saved it on my comp. I must add tho that Murdoch was using tabloid techniques before the Max Stuart incident, so I really don't know what he's about. Maybe the Stuart thing was less about him having good intentions and then being mistreated and more about him having an opinion about something and being shut down and then turning aggressive.

Yup that's so true. I like the poem, I've saved it on my comp. I must add tho that Murdoch was using tabloid techniques before the Max Stuart incident, so I really don't know what he's about. Maybe the Stuart thing was less about him having good intentions and then being mistreated and more about him having an opinion about something and being shut down and then turning aggressive.

That could be because it is very unusual for people to completely change their nature after they are grown. That is set at an early age.... why how we treat children is so important.

I will catch the video Datsy posted later. Perhaps there will be some enlightenment.

His independence is a serious issue for a massive group in both the media and entertainment business.

You hit the nail with this comment. That is why the media is guessing on his next move and making a big deal out of MJ not meeting up to the agreements or whatever. MJ does not have to do anything to give him money. He can sit down and order people around. Those clowns in the media cannot stand that.

Someone stated on here that they do not think that all media hates MJ. Well, if most of the media is owned by Rupurt Murdoch then you need to change your comemnt. :) The media are pathetic and I do not believe nearly 100% of what they say about anyone.

Back