THE MICHAEL JACKSON STORY - huge advance notice

Just bumping this thread as a REMINDER that this show will be on TVONE TODAY, July 26th 8 pm and 11 pm EAST COAST, 5 pm and 8 pm WEST COAST

Also be sure to check for more shows that are to play Michael Jackson on TVOne HERE

OH! and also check this out on TVONE!
BUILD THE MICHAEL JACKSON MEMORIAL

I'm tempted to tape our twin boys while they watch a few Michael Jackson videos. Andrew (the one that sort of looks like Macaulay Culkin) gets so hyper an into it and submit it to TVOne! :rofl:

More shows I plan to record via my Beyond TV thing (like Tivo but better)

The Michael Jackson Story 328 7/26/2009 5:00 PM The Michael Jackson Story 328 7/26/2009 8:00 PM Michael Jackson Motown Hits 243 7/27/2009 2:00 PM Hollywood 411 237 7/28/2009 10:30 AM Michael Jackson Music & Memories 317 7/28/2009 7:00 PM Michael Jackson 236 7/26/2009 11:00 PM Inside Neverland 356 7/26/2009 4:00 PM The Jacksons: An American Dream (1/2) 328 7/27/2009 6:00 PM The Jacksons: An American Dream (2/2) 328 7/28/2009 6:00 PM

---

---

It was so long ago that I first saw the advertising on TV for this program, that I thought I had missed it.
I'm gonna record it too. TVOne has a week long line-up of MJ programs.

Thanks Cindy. :)

Man, I don't get TVOne because I have the Dish network. . .:( I hope someone will be nice enough to record this program and upload it. :)

Waiting to hear the reviews on this program. :)

Watching right now. It looks like this is gonna be a positive one...

Very well done. They didn't touch on controversy until the last 10 minutes, but they didn't dwell on the charges like some specials do. Overall, it was very good. I just wish some of these specials would really get in depth and do a two hour bio. Talk about the significance of what he did and his charitable acts, and such. Something very in-depth.

I wasn't surprised it was a good depiction of MJ though, because TVOne is a predominantly black channel and most Black channels know that is a legend and don't want to dwell on the BS that mainstream will.

I was good until they showed the This Is It part. :boohoo

This was a British production started back in 2003, then shelved when the accusations and trial started. Dusted off in 2005 for some updates after the trial and not sure why it was not shown in the US until now with the different ending. I think it was shown in the UK. I read this on Bomani Jones blog (who was in the rock doc) who said he did his final updated part in 2005 in London.

thanks so much for posting the youtube link...

today is the 1st day since 25Jun that I can watch MJ perform..and I put the History album disc 2 on earlier....that album is so right for the time.....becuz it was such a personal album it helps me to understand the man more...

RIP Michael

big ups to Gladys Knight on this.. and seeing his Mom Katherine so joyous in talking about him....I can just imagine how she must be feeling now

This was a British production started back in 2003, then shelved when the accusations and trial started. Dusted off in 2005 for some updates after the trial and not sure why it was not shown in the US until now with the different ending. I think it was shown in the UK. I read this on Bomani Jones blog (who was in the rock doc) who said he did his final updated part in 2005 in London.

Yeah I was excited to hear that TVOne was doing this..only to find out it was the same exact British Documentary. I saw it on Youtube months ago. They simply replaced the narrator with a black man.

It's good but I was kinda disappointed since I've watched it quite a few times before.

Yeah I was excited to hear that TVOne was doing this..only to find out it was the same exact British Documentary. I saw it on Youtube months ago. They simply replaced the narrator with a black man.

It's good but I was kinda disappointed since I've watched it quite a few times before.

Yeah I didn't know that either until the links were posted in this thread. Boooo to TV One for not creating something of their own, but at least it was overall positive.

Back