The Michael Jackson Chart Watch

I think is is amzing that except Bad and Black or white allways the long version has by far the most views.
Also considering how many videos with overlength Michael has (Thriller, Smooth Criminal, Bad, Black or White, Remember The Time, The way you make me feel, You rock my world, Speed Demon) it is even more amzing how many views they have. You can watch 3 videos from a normal length in the same time to get one view for this long short-films.

kx

@kxthrills
·
3 Std.

Every short-films by Michael Jackson with more than 100 million views on YouTube (Thriller has two different versions over this milestone)

Bild

Last edited:
I think is is amzing that except Bad and Black or white allways the long version has by far the most views.
Also considering how many videos with overlength Michael has (Thriller, Smooth Criminal, Bad, Black or White, Remember The Time, The way you make me feel, You rock my world, Speed Demon) it is even more amzing how many views they have. You can watch 3 videos from a normal length in the same time to get one view for this long short-films.

kx

@kxthrills
·
3 Std.

Every short-films by Michael Jackson with more than 100 million views on YouTube (Thriller has two different versions over this milestone)

Bild
They say Michaels face changed a lot but really, aside from that MLk Stint and that time he turned into two different children in Heal The World, I think he never really changed that much.

J5-spotify top-10
IWYB : 760 650 890
ABC : 351 769 022
SCICTT :244 532 037
ISMKSS : 155 904 155
IBT : 125 283 054
WLY : 106 182 141
NCSGB : 38 121 378
TLYS : 32 539 356
DM :29,059,306
The Jackson 5 profit really from the christmas-session. They lost 8 Mio. followers on spotify since january, probably they come bach end of the year.

kx

@kxthrills
·
3 Std.

Bild
2nd row 4th picture 😍 Michael at his best looking!

He only seems to be getting MORE popular. It's like the next generation are just coming of age now, they've grown out of the Beibers and whatnot and they're stumbling across the greats.

I have to admit there was a time a few years back (even before Leaving Neverland) that I thought, "yep, this thing is over. Michael did his thing but it's going to be a decline now. It's just not going to continue". I am glad to be very wrong.

This move seems to be coming from the kids.

He only seems to be getting MORE popular. It's like the next generation are just coming of age now, they've grown out of the Beibers and whatnot and they're stumbling across the greats.

I have to admit there was a time a few years back (even before Leaving Neverland) that I thought, "yep, this thing is over. Michael did his thing but it's going to be a decline now. It's just not going to continue". I am glad to be very wrong.

This move seems to be coming from the kids.

In the words of Michael Jackson “ you ain’t seen nothing yet”. The world will one final time be engulfed in Michael mania when the biopic is unleashed.

The only doubt I have is the director, I don’t think he is unique enough to make something eye popping and special.

This Is It is also one of the most searched movies on Netflix in the UK too apparently. I am not sure what has got everyone so stirred up about MJ lately!

This Is It is also one of the most searched movies on Netflix in the UK too apparently. I am not sure what has got everyone so stirred up about MJ lately!
There's definitely something going on but I can't believe it's got anything to do with it being June. Or, at least, not totally bc of that.

I am not sure it will be "one final time" for Michael Mania. I used to think that the thing wouldn't keep on going, but we're getting a completely unexplained resurgence right now - obviously TikTok is a factor but WHY is it resonating so much there all of a sudden?

The movie is definitely going to put the albums on the charts and have people talking Michael Jackson - for better or for worse. Then after that there's potential for posthumous single releases, documentaries, concert video releases, poetry, drawings, diary musings, interviews. I don't think Michael Mania needs to have a "one final time". I think there is plenty in unreleased music, footage, concerts, insights, documentaries, memorabilia, and everything else to keep this thing going for decades yet.

Thriller 50, Thriller 60, Thriller 70, Thriller 80, Thriller 90, Thriller 100...

For as long as there are artists inspired by Michael and sampling his music there's going to be some sort of public interest in Michael Jackson. It's kind of like the Michael Jordan legacy - many of those who buy his shoes have never seen him play, but his name is synonymous with excellence. At worst, Michael Jackson will always be a matter of curiosity and his contribution is so deeply rooted in popular music that he like the Beethoven on pop, in 100 years people are going to search out the progenitor sounds and styles that influenced the music industry and Thriller, his music videos and his legacy will loom large.

@Hurley509

But to be honest if I wasn't visiting this place daily I wouldn't recognize any resurgence. I also don't come into contact with young people anymore. So for me there is no visible evidence MJ is still popular.

Back