The Many Smiles Of Michael In This Is It...

dangerous dave

Proud Member
We saw Michael smiling a lot in the film we know but after seeing this film 3 times I noticed
he was smiling a lot in little parts of the film that you might not have seen while he was dancing, like in the "thriller dance" and the very beginning of WBSS after the beat begins...

I just realised more than ever how happy he was to be back on stage and to sing again
:)

Yeah, it was so lovely to see him happy. He has the most amazing smile. :girl_sigh:

you're right ,he was having fun and smiling and joking like a kid.

I loved his smile when he was holding Mekia from the back.

I noticed too and that's why I was smiling a lot. During the songs he would just start smiling. I really feel he was happy to be on stage again.

I noticed that... I love hos smile.. it seems to come right from his heart !! Allways.. :) So cute.. makes everyone happy !

That smile after TDCAU was so cute! When I saw it in theaters, the whole audience was like "awww" lol, it was sweet but somehow heartbreaking at the same time. Makes me a little sad when I see that footage to be honest, but Michael did seem happy to me for the most part. He really seemed at peace with himself and glad to be back on stage.

Both times I was at the theater the audience giggled at Michael's TDCAU smile. :D Too cute!
When I saw the movie for the first time his many smiles immediately caught my eyes. :holiday:

I liked it when he smiled almost throughout the entire J5 medley :D

I know...all his smiles really make me wonder if he was 'forced' to do 50 shows. So hard to know what to believe..

I love the smile after TDCAU, but my favorite in the whole movie is when he smiles during the Drill. He looks like he's so happy to be back on stage. It's great.

i love his face when they are auditioning and mj is sitting behind kenny. OMG he looks so fit. he's kinda moving to the beat and semi-sort-of-singing along lol it totally reminds me of the bad era the way he looks. does anyone have a screen cap of this? anything would be nice. :)

I love the one after TDCAU

I love that smile too, he looks so in peace and trully happy, I miss his smile so much :cry:
I also love when at the end they are joking about the fly attendants moves, I love how he laughs in there, he looks lovelly :heart:

We saw Michael smiling a lot in the film we know but after seeing this film 3 times I noticed
he was smiling a lot in little parts of the film that you might not have seen while he was dancing, like in the "thriller dance" and the very beginning of WBSS after the beat begins...

I just realised more than ever how happy he was to be back on stage and to sing again
:)

And let's not forget MJ's smile at the end of 'Earth Song'. After giving Kenny direction about the stage's ramp coming down at the songs end, he tells Musical Director Michael Bearden that he wanted the number finished with just a piano acapella of 'ES's' melody. As Bearden begins to play it MJ's face lights up and he says, 'God bless you'.

Just a great moment.

I saw it and knew it before I ever seen the film. I'm glad that he was happy and full of good spirits

from official TII program

mjsmile.jpg

and of course

mjsmile2.jpg

Last edited:
yes I agree with you all...Michael looked very happy doing what he loved....He sure did smile alot...I love that smile...amazing..:)

smile even though he was forced to do 50shows
smile even though he was tired cause he wasn't able to sleep at night
smile even though he wasn't really happy

Back