The Magic & The Madness Of The 80s

ALL songs from '85 album of Dire Straits Brothers in Arms

and Heart Alone

And this one was my fav love song me and my then boyfriend;s special song :)

Is the singer of Joe Le Taxi Johnny Depp's wife?

A Chinese singer covered that song when I was like six years old.... Blast from the past...

ALL songs from '85 album of Dire Straits Brothers in Arms

and Heart Alone

And this one was my fav love song me and my then boyfriend;s special song :)

LOOOOVE Money for Nothing! I love Dire Straits lol

Is the singer of Joe Le Taxi Johnny Depp's wife?

A Chinese singer covered that song when I was like six years old.... Blast from the past...

She used to be Lenny Kravitz's wife.

Just another classic:

[youtube]yWIB7IFbmrY[/youtube]

[youtube]dOsVohtbgxc[/youtube]

[youtube]g1j-SHkoyso&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]kVaG5po34tM[/youtube]

Last edited:
The 1980's have never left me. I was 8yrs old when it started and 18yrs old when it ended. Even in the 1990's in my late teens and 20's always talked about how amazing the 1980's were. It had nothing to do with me want to stay being a kid, it was purely that the pop culture of the 1980's was very energetic, optimistic, unique and beyond amazing, and since the 1990's pop culture has had in my opinion no real cultural leaders, or anything unique, because each decade from 1990's to present has relied to much in being retro.

Michael Jackson made and defined to 1980's for me and many millions of people. Back then we had no internet, so getting film footage, photos etc on Michael was something you had to wait for, and you never knew what was coming next in newspapers or magazines. Since the internet I rearly, but I used to buy loads of magazines etc, even if they just had a small photo of Michael. But now magazine such write the same articles about artists like Michael, David Bowie and Prince etc that they've been writing since the 1980's and 1990's. I remember seeing a news clip of Captain EO on BBC ONE Nine Clock News in 1986, the first I had heard of it. And it was so exciting, the adrenaline that ran through my body was like a thunderbolt seeing a new clip of Michael dancing. And the first time I saw Michael in television since the We Are The World video a year before in 1985. I could write for ages about seeing the Billie Jean video on Top of the Pops when it was No.1 in early 1983, seeing the Beat It and Thriller videos for the first time in 1983, buying the Bad album in 1987, seeing the video, attending the Bad Tour and seeing Michael in person for the first time at the Mayfair Hotel in 1988 during the Bad Tour. I get goose bumps and almost an outer body experience when I go to the Mayfair Hotel just to look and remember. I stay way because to memory is too powerful.

They way I see things today, the 1980's has all the pop culture the 2000's can only ever wish it has. And today in the 2000's we have all the technology we wish we could have had in the 1980's. Even though some of that technology like mobile phones, computers did exist but in bigger or slower forms. We had cassette and later CD Walkmans in the 1980's, were as now we had iPods etc. Computers we had Sinclair, BBC Micro computers etc, where as now we have Apple Mac and PC computers.

When you go in to technology shops now, it's full of computers, Blu-ray/ DVD players etc. In the 1980's technology shops were full of electronic keyboards and music stacking systems etc.

In the 1980's I used to like riding my BMX and customizing it, buying really cool breaks, seats and Skyway mag wheels etc.

Artists I listened to in the 1980's

01. Michael Jackson
02. David Bowie
03. Prince
04. Adam & The Ants
05. Queen
06. Kraftwerk
07. Run DMC
08. Newcleus
09. Afrika Bambaataa
10. Grand Master Flash
11. David Grant

Television Shows I Liked

01. Dallas
02. Dynasty
03. Only Fools and Horses
04. Minder
05. Grange Hill
06. The Wonder Years (It first screened in the UK in 1989)
07. Dear John
08. T.J Hooker
09. The A Team
10. Miami Vice

Films I liked.

01. Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back
02. Star Wars - Return of the Jedi
03. Time Bandits
04. Twilight Zone: The Movie
05. Back To The Future
06. ET
07. Weird Science
08. The Breakfast Club
09. The Terminator
10. The Rachel Papers
11. Stand By Me
12. Indiana Jones
08. Gregory's Girl
08. The Cosby Show

Last edited:
The 80s were truly magic. The best decade, the golden era IMO, especially in popular music.

[youtube]XQGi4eB3RZI&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]Cu9jFLM6lec[/youtube]

Most of these are American, I'm pretty sure lol

[YouTube]dnq08Krap6g[/YouTube]

For me the 80's was the greatest decade for music. Everything was on point during that time. The melodies, the production, the music videos. Another thing i loved about the 80's was just how bright and colourfull everything was.

[YouTube]k2C5TjS2sh4&ob=av2e[/YouTube]
[YouTube]l73cjVvZ1_s[/YouTube]
[YouTube]xCorJG9mubk&ob=av2e[/YouTube]
[YouTube]yCC_b5WHLX0&ob=av2e[/YouTube]

Ray Parker Jr. sleeps under your bed.. who you gonna call? :D

nybildv.jpg

Last edited:
BUBBA SMITH "POLICE ACADEMY" STAR -- DEAD AT 66

0803-bubba-smith-exd-credit.jpg

Charles "Bubba" Smith -- star of the "Police Academy" movies and the NFL -- was found dead today in his Los Angeles home. He was 66 years old.

Law enforcement officials tell TMZ ... LAPD received a 911 call at 12:54PM today -- and officers responded to his home in the Baldwin Hills area. The fire department also responded and we're told Smith was dead when authorities arrived.

The L.A. County Coroner is on the scene investigating. We're told, at this point, authorities think he died of natural causes.

Bubba spent 9 seasons in the NFL -- playing for the Baltimore Colts, Oakland Raiders, and Houston Oilers.

He won Super Bowl V with the Colts -- but is most famous for his role as the giant and loveable Moses Hightower in 6 of the "Police Academy" movies.

Story developing...

http://www.tmz.com/2011/08/03/bubba...ltimore-colts-oakland-raiders-houston-oilers/

:(

[YouTube]X69hGtQjpjw[/YouTube]

[YouTube]WT_xpFZe20A[/YouTube]

^And what makes it even more saddening is that Police Academy 8 (Yes, there was 7 of them) was already in development. It won't be the same if it goes ahead.

^They're slapstick comedy, not sure if you like that kind of thing.

0803-remembering-bubba.jpg

0803michael-winslow-quote.jpg

0803-gw-bailey-quote.jpg

I loved Police Academy when I was a child (although the latter sequels weren't as good as the first few). RIP Bubba.

BTW, who could forget the Blue Oyster Bar:

:D

Last edited:
Back