The Magic & The Madness Of The 80s

BUMPER SNIPPET

Guests
Hello everyone,

I don't know if this kind of thread has already been open somewhere on the forum, but in this thread I'd like to include the magic that was glowing in the 80s.

As you all know, the 80s are the years of many classic movies, series and music. In order to remember some sketches I propose to recreate the atmosphere that was reigning during the eighties.

Do you remember series such as:

-Max Headroom
-Alf
-The Cosby Show
-Black Adder
-Mr Bean
-Dear John
-Only Fools And Horses
-Fawlty Towers
-Miami Vice
-Magnum
-Sledge Hammer
-Muppet Show
-Midnight Call (Jack Killian)
-Spin City
and many, many more.

The same goes for the movies, classics:

-E.T.
-Star Wars
-Terminator
-Rocky
-Rambo
-Indiana Jones
-Alien
-Gremlins
-Ghost Busters
-Beverly Hills Cop
-Nightmare On Elm Street
-Poltergeist
-The Goonies
-Leathal Weapon
-Mad Max
-Back To The Future
-The Starman
-Top Gun
-Cocktail
and many, many more

As far as music was concerned, let's not forget:

-Madonna
-Tina Turner
-Van Halen
-Guns 'n' Roses
-A-HA
-Aerosmith
-AC/DC
-George Michael
-Elton John
-The Communards / Bronsky Beat
-Billy Ocean
-Phil Collins
-Whitney Houston
-Toto
-Prince
-Terence Trent D'Arby
-Run DMC
-Europe
-Queen
-Stevie Wonder
-Billy Idol
-Bobby Brown
-Eurythmics
and many, many more...

AND among all those magical moments there was our lighthouse, our man, Michael Jackson.

What was exciting back then, was that we didn't have Internet, and that at any moment while watching TV, Michael could pop up with a new short movie. It was magical. All that magic disappeared with the Internet thanks to which we have everything we want. We've been spoiled to such an extent that we even don't realize any more how lucky we are to have all these things. But at the same time, with Internet, we've lost something Michael liked to do:

SIMMERING

Up to you, post videos, anecdotes, pictures, music, sketches, funny moments, anything that has to do with the 80s :)

Here's one for the starters:

[youtube]y-4lLhvMOeI[/youtube]

funny alternative version of the part three:

[youtube]00ZFdnd0Aao[/youtube]

And something else:

[youtube]IzxHDqUz8Sk[/youtube]

[youtube]CHb2XYeXcJI&feature=related[/youtube]

Enjoy it! :)

^^Lol

Does anyone remember Sledge Hammer's "trust me, I know what I am doing" ?

[youtube]XGoU7urNTbI[/youtube]

Too bad I was only a kid in the 80's. I was not familiar with the TV series. I actually didn't speak or understand English when I was a kid. But, I remember the movies, especially Top Gun. Tom Cruise was the 80's sex symbol... :lmao:

The 80's was truly a good time for music. Just look at the list put together by Bumper. Wow... names like Madonna, George Michael, Whitney Houston, Phil Colins... These are the artists I still enjoy listening to. I get nostalgic all the time. I miss the excitment of waiting for a video premier. I miss the expereince of going to record store to buy a cassette with the money I saved for months. I miss my yellow Sony walkman. I miss the time when I need to record an award performance with a video tape.

With the convenience brought by internet, much of the magic disappeared.

Thank you for starting this thread!

Can I talk about the 90's too?

Too bad I was only a kid in the 80's. I was not familiar with the TV series. I actually didn't speak or understand English when I was a kid. But, I remember the movies, especially Top Gun. Tom Cruise was the 80's sex symbol... :lmao:

The 80's was truly a good time for music. Just look at the list put together by Bumper. Wow... names like Madonna, George Michael, Whitney Houston, Phil Colins... These are the artists I still enjoy listening to. I get nostalgic all the time. I miss the excitment of waiting for a video premier. I miss the expereince of going to record store to buy a cassette with the money I saved for months. I miss my yellow Sony walkman. I miss the time when I need to record an award performance with a video tape.

Blasphemy! lol! This is the 80s only! :D

Alf.jpg

[youtube]uNofXKppggQ[/youtube]

[youtube]RLjbxhTyHv0&feature=related[/youtube]

Oh yay! An 80s thread! Woo hoo! lol I'm the same as you, girl...I don't remember a lot of the 80s as I was pretty young, but what I do remember was pretty vivid, because the 80s really were magical...Whatever you were exposed to, you never forgot it. The music was absolutely fantastic and absolutely timeless. I just love it. I listen to 80s stuff way more than any of the music nowadays. It brings back so many memories. I miss cassette tapes! lol

I know how to sing "We are the world. We are the children" before knowing what the words mean.

I remember asking my dad to buy the vinyl of WATW. I didn't know Michael wrote the song until much later.

The 80's is AMAZING.

When compared the 2010 WATW to the original, the 2010 version is a joke. Sorry Lionel. Sorry Quincy.

I was born just after the 80's, but we had cable when I was growing up so I was pretty familar with a lot of tv shows and movies that came from that decade! I had a bit of an obsession with 80's heart throb of the time, Michael. J. Fox too.

And here's a movie that he did just before Back to the Future, but was released at the same time to capitalise on his sudden popularity -

I wonder what else it was trying to capitalise on....*cough* Thriller *cough* haha!

One of my middle school friends was a huge Wham! fan (acutally she's more a Geroge Michael fan.) She used to feed me with non-stop videos from Wham!. She gave me a side-eye when I said Michael was sexier. :smack:

[youtube]DpJhqsouaIc[/youtube]

[youtube]4B_UYYPb-Gk[/youtube]

toddbridges.jpg

For those interested in Diff'rent Strokes, I asked Todd Bridges (Willis) a few questions on Twitter. I asked him when and if Seasons 3-8 of Diff'rent Strokes will be released and he said he is waiting for them too, he doesn't know why there is such a long delay between the release of Season 2 and 3. Todd also told me he has a new movie coming out June 12th 2012 with Adam Sandler - "I Hate You Dad".

gal_diffstrokes_ross.jpg

I also asked Shavar Ross (Arnold's friend Dudley) how his life has been and he responded that he has two beautiful children, a wife, and he said "thank God I'm alive".

Loved Tom Cruise back in the day....

[YouTube]pzB4ni0VH1A[/YouTube]

One of my fave movies ever...Actually, I love pretty much love all John Hughes movies :D

[YouTube]dkX8J-FKndE[/YouTube]

Just some random songs I love...

[YouTube]O1kDmnHyOBg[/YouTube]

[YouTube]UrGw_cOgwa8[/YouTube]

Last edited:
Only had the 1st 5 years of my life in the 80s, so I barely remember anything, but I love this era. Especially the music and movies. I wish I could have grown up during this time, but the 90s were also a good time to grow up too.

You don't wanna know about my "my magic & madness " from the 80's.:nono:
All that you lived and experienced in the 80' s I found out about only in the 90's after the '89 revolution.Sad :sigh:

And this is straight from the '80 s:

I'm gonna shock you with my musicl memeories from that decade.
Albano & Romina Power
Sabrina
Modern Talking
CC Catch
Samantha Fox

:bugeyed::bugeyed::bugeyed:I know

I bet that in USA and UK you never heard of any of this except S Fox maybe. :giggle:

From USA Bon Jovi and Van Halen.My sister's boyfirend was a huge fan and he had all the albums.I once borrowed from a friend Madonna's True Blue vinyl and that was all I knew from american music.

Once around '85 I was in my boyfriend's home and his sister said to me "let me show you a new singer from USA, he has a new now".It was Thriller :girl_haha:.I didn't understand nothing from that music.So different :scratch:Later in same year I saw/heard WATW and I started to know more about Michael.I saw Thriller video only after '89.

And you may laugh as much as you want to :hysterical:

Last edited:
You don't wanna know about my "my magic & madness " from the 80's.:nono:
All that you lived and experienced in the 80' s I found out about only in the 90's after the '89 revolution.Sad :sigh:

And this is straight from the '80 s:

I'm gonna shock you with my musicl memeories from that decade.
Albano & Romina Power
Sabrina
Modern Talking
CC Catch
Samantha Fox

:bugeyed::bugeyed::bugeyed:I know

I bet that in USA and UK you never heard of any of this except S Fox maybe. :giggle:

From USA Bon Jovi and Van Halen.My sister's boyfirend was a huge fan and he had all the albums.I once borrowed from a friend Madonna's True Blue vinyl and that was all I knew from american music.

Once around '85 I was in my boyfriend's home and his sister said to me "let me show you a new singer from USA, he has a new now".It was Thriller :girl_haha:.I didn't understand nothing from that music.So different :scratch:Later in same year I saw/heard WATW and I started to know more about Michael.I saw Thriller video only after '89.

And you may laugh as much as you want to :hysterical:

I remember all of what you posted very well. By the way I love the Italian music from the 80s. Albano & Romina's "Felicita" is excellent.

Do you also remember these Italian songs from the 80s:

Toto Cotugno "L'Italiano"

[youtube]DlOO-EkdTCM[/youtube]

Umberto Tozzi "Ti amo"

[youtube]rxumzh4igKk&feature=related[/youtube]

Umberto Tozzi "Gloria"

[youtube]HYvuWlOnBjI[/youtube]

Albano & Romina "Ci Sara"

[youtube]3Vmy2kOTnHc[/youtube]

Or these German artists:

Falco "Rock me Amadeus - club remix"

[youtube]bp3HA99Kh-I[/youtube]

Falco "Jeanny"

[youtube]_5-XF_pnXX4[/youtube]

Sandra "Maria Magdalena"

[youtube]K8lHHSV6pDs[/youtube]

Last edited:
^^^^^^:clapping: Of course.I knew all these songs by heart.

And I was so in love with italian soccer player from Fiorentina, Giancarlo Antognoni :lmao:

8522_95_antognoni_italy.jpg

Do you remember series such as:

-Max Headroom
-Alf
-The Cosby Show
-Black Adder
-Mr Bean
-Dear John
-Only Fools And Horses
-Fawlty Towers
-Miami Vice
-Magnum
-Sledge Hammer
-Muppet Show
-Midnight Call (Jack Killian)
-Spin City

Spin City is an American sitcom television series that aired from September 17, 1996 until April 30, 2002 on the ABC network.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spin_City

Do you remember these?!!
OMG I don't know how many times I watched these series.On video tapes of course not on TV.

Roses Are for the Rich (TV 1987) Stars:Lisa Hartman, Bruce Dern and Joe Penny
The Thorn Birds (TV mini-series 1983) Stars:Richard Chamberlain, Rachel Ward and Christopher Plummer

And this hit :giggle:

Last edited:
Too bad i wasn't born back in those days to witness the 80's. I often wish that I was born in mid 60's, so I'd be around 20 in the 80's. Such a great time, I love soooo much of the movies/music from there.

Here in Germany we have a great comedian called "Otto Waalkes" which was very very popular in the 80's (and still ist). He did some really funny movies. In one of them he did those MJ-parodies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k2Lr1x1fjM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoWEscMbLwk

^^ Girl, you have NO idea how lucky you are to be 'old' lol...I'd give anything to remember more of the 80s; sadly I'm an early 80s baby....:( ....

They truly rocked ! :D

@Bumper

This thread is for old people :sad: and I already have 4 posts here, thank you so much:smack:

You may be old, but I am not loool

^^ Girl, you have NO idea how lucky you are to be 'old' lol...I'd give anything to remember more of the 80s; sadly I'm an early 80s baby....:( ....

They truly rocked ! :D

Let me see, hmm, imagine you are at home, back from school, after dinner, sitting in your armchair and watching TV. You have no clue what's coming next on TV (if you of course don't have a TV magazine) and you randomly stumble across things like:

[youtube]2RnwEklPC8Y[/youtube]

or

[youtube]VvARh-LQ2Bs[/youtube]

or

[youtube]po0jY4WvCIc[/youtube]

You keep on watching tv and stumble across:

[youtube]47wh4brf8lI[/youtube]

Let me see, hmm, imagine you are at home, back from school, after dinner, sitting in your armchair and watching TV. You have no clue what's coming next on TV (if you of course don't have a TV magazine) and you randomly stumble across things like:

[youtube]2RnwEklPC8Y[/youtube]

or

[youtube]VvARh-LQ2Bs[/youtube]

or

[youtube]po0jY4WvCIc[/youtube]

You keep on watching tv and stumble across:

[youtube]47wh4brf8lI[/youtube]

Such a great feeling! That was the magic of the 80s! I remember in the early 90s though, when the Dangerous Bucharest concert came on TV just randomly...Or any of his videos would just randomly come on...I miss those days...

80s gave birth to epic things.

Thank you everyone who contributed to this thread (especially with the European videos). I had a major nostalgia trip.

80s gave birth to epic things.

Thank you everyone who contributed to this thread (especially with the European videos). I had a major nostalgia trip.

Oh yeah! Now that I saw Santa Barbara, do you remember Dynasty?

[youtube]AFWB8lFYDPI[/youtube]

Regarding European videos here are some more:

[youtube]9jK-NcRmVcw[/youtube]

[youtube]KiUvwxa9lbI&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]xfVJ11GXzXQ[/youtube]

And one African - EXCELLENT

[youtube]kAmlJdnoLtQ[/youtube]

Back