The HIStory Tour Discussion Thread

Frankyboy5

Proud Member
Personally, even though the HIStory Tour was mostly mimed and the ending was weak I think dance-wise this was the best tour, and it's rather underrated. First leg and second leg are a big contrast but I prefer second leg with its smoother moves.

Discuss here about HIStory Tour!

One question: it is mentioned on Barbara Walters' interview that a concert was cancelled due to Princess Diana's death. What was this concert? I know he performed in Oostende on September 3 and dedicated the last few concerts to her.

It was the concert that was on the day of her death that was cancelled. I was there in Ostend at the time.

History tour was great.... better than Dangerous IMO I went a few time so have some great memories.. Way to tired to sit and type it all out now though. :lol: I'll come back in another time. :yes:

I still haven't seen a full HIStory tour concert. It was never released on home video or shown on TV in the USA.

Gold pants. End of.

haha joke :p I have seen a couple of HIStory concerts and they are fantastic! :D

I really enjoyed the HIStory concert, being there, nothing compared. Watching it on DVD I felt Michael lost some of his rawness by miming too much, the enhancement he made to Billie Jean were great, but with new editions like BOTD, Scream and TDCAU I felt really let down, visually excellent but mimed :( having watched MSG, Dangerous Live and the Bad shows you really see the difference in the over all perfomance when he sings it live, he "gives it more"

Was the Oostende concert the one rescheduled to September 3?

^^^Yes, and fans on the field were in 'cages' as a further safety precaution. Only MJ concert to have ever had that.

On Michael's orders after he was advised following Diana's death.

^^^Yes, and fans on the field were in 'cages' as a further safety precaution. Only MJ concert to have ever had that.

On Michael's orders after he was advised following Diana's death.

they were in cafes? huh? lol

That is kinda strange, for them to be in cages.

Oostende was kinda strange, the far center amateur footage has this dog barking in the background. MJ Fan Dog! :lol: Are you even allowed pets at an MJ concert?!?!?

Also Hippodrome Wellington is a place for horses not dogs LOL

Also did anybody here go to the Oslo August 19 concert and know if he performed Blood on the Dance Floor there? The last known performance was Gothenburg August 16...

Also did he perform Come Together/D.S. during the second Auckland concert and was chorus of Billie Jean replayed at the end dance of Billie Jean like it was during the first concert?

Last edited:
The HIStory Billie Jean version is so great, I prefer it to the original.

That is kinda strange, for them to be in cages.

Oostende was kinda strange, the far center amateur footage has this dog barking in the background. MJ Fan Dog! :lol: Are you even allowed pets at an MJ concert?!?!?

Also Hippodrome Wellington is a place for horses not dogs LOL

Also did anybody here go to the Oslo August 19 concert and know if he performed Blood on the Dance Floor there? The last known performance was Gothenburg August 16...

Also did he perform Come Together/D.S. during the second Auckland concert and was chorus of Billie Jean replayed at the end dance of Billie Jean like it was during the first concert?

I went to the Oslo concert, and yes he performed Blood On The Dance Floor. He also did the most fluid dancing on Stranger In Moscow and Billie Jean out of the entire tour, or at least all the 40 concerts I've seen on my computer.

And yes he performed Come Together/D.S on the Auckland concert:)

I went to the Oslo concert, and yes he performed Blood On The Dance Floor. He also did the most fluid dancing on Stranger In Moscow and Billie Jean out of the entire tour, or at least all the 40 concerts I've seen on my computer.

And yes he performed Come Together/D.S on the Auckland concert:)

Thanks for the info! I would really want to see some amateur footage of the Oslo concert!

I'd say Billie Jean Gothenburg and Dublin is the most enthusiastic I've seen; Helsinki and some of the later concerts have a cool end dance with him pointing around. Brunei and Auckland were the best performances out of the first leg IMO. Munich is not very good; Seoul too but he tried more in that concert. Now that you said that I want to see Oslo sooo bad... What were the dance moves exactly like at the Oslo concert?

well i just watched the history tour for the first time. i have a collection of different history concerts ( i got that bootlegged dvd set) and i just watched the first half of the korean concert....i'm very disappointed...why did he have to lipsinc so much?? really mike?? :( lol. and why is it so quiet...like...you can hardly hear the audiance. there are no edits of the audiance (i LOVE seeing and hearing the audiance)... does anyone know which concert has the best quality for history?...and are there any recordings with audiance edits?.....i LOVED the way the dangerous tour live dvd was....but i don't suppose there's any like that huh?

well i just watched the history tour for the first time. i have a collection of different history concerts ( i got that bootlegged dvd set) and i just watched the first half of the korean concert....i'm very disappointed...why did he have to lipsinc so much?? really mike?? :( lol. and why is it so quiet...like...you can hardly hear the audiance. there are no edits of the audiance (i LOVE seeing and hearing the audiance)... does anyone know which concert has the best quality for history?...and are there any recordings with audiance edits?.....i LOVED the way the dangerous tour live dvd was....but i don't suppose there's any like that huh?

HIStory Tour live in Munich 1997 is edited in a similar way to the Dangerous Bucharest concert, In my opinion its actually better, plently of crowd shots to build up the excitment but no too many that you miss half of Mikes moves like I found was the case on the Dangerous Tour DVD :p .
Unfortunately the Munich concert isn't the best HIStory Tour concert in terms of performance and vocals (Still a VERY good concert though), you should watch it :)

thanks :D .. it's quality and sound is lame on that one though....is it always or is it just because i have a bootlegged dvd? .. the dangerous bucharest concert is perfectly clear and it's in the same set as the munich one so i wasn't sure.

HIStory Munich was broadcast very recently on digital tv so there is an EXCELLENT version of it available, its for download here that you can burn straight to dvd and watch, or you can a compressed xvid version (still excellent quality but much smaller filesize) here - Just remember to thank the uploader if you download either of them :)

thanks :D thanks a bunch. do you have any experiance with downloading this stuff as far as it putting crap on your computer?...slowing it down? causing problems?..my mom is very particular about what we download cuz so much stuff messes up our computers. so i just need to make sure..and pleeaassee be honest lol cuz i get something on the computer and my mom has to work super hard to fix it i will feel AWFUL!! lol

also (sorry if i'm prying..i'm just super picky about editing and whatnot) but in the munich version i have, it's cut, like....it ends one number, cuts all the inbetween stuff and starts off at the beginning of the next number so all the "calm down" and "build up" stuff is lost....is that just my dvd or is that the way it's recorded?

The version of the Munich concert I have runs through the concert with all the stuff between songs intact, I'm pretty sure the version uploaded here will be the same.
It shouldn't mess up your computer, the uploaders here are pretty trustworthy. If you have a pretty decent internet connection I recommend you download the 3.7GB MPEG2 version dan1981 uploaded as it is ready to burn straight to a dvd so you can watch it on your tv, and then you can delete it from your computer.

I've been wondering about this for years:

HOW THE HELL CAN I SEE THE HISTORY TOUR?!!!! I'm dying to see it but goddamnit it's impossible to find anywhere!!!! :(

And I suck at computers and downloading!! If it was just small files I'd be able to do it but my connection is not the best so I can't have those enormous files and I don't know half of the formats you guys are talking about!! :( Help!

I used to think his dancing on the Dangerous tour was insanely good, and it is, but look at this! I don't know if its due to the fact that he has more energy because he doesn't sing live, but the dancing here was almost supernatural (and at this point he was nearly 40 years old!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w105XxxaRMQ&feature=related

Fast forward to 8.27 and watch the remaining two minutes! Tell me that ain't some insane dancing! My jaw dropped like only Michael can make it! :shock:

Yeah I know how you feel, I used to be stuck with a very slow dial-up connection about a year or so ago and used to spend weeks downloading a single concert. Your best bet would be to try and download this one here as its been compressed to 2X 700mb xvid files. And download via the MegaUpload links because they allow you to resume the download later on. Good Luck!

here i go! download time!..i'm doing it as a free user...i hope quality is still good lol thanks so much for yor help :D

I'M SORRY!!! SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!!!.....i'm waiting cuz i imagine it would be better to pay....since there are so many parts and it looks like each part will take 40 minutes?? but i don't see how i'm able to download it straight to a dvd....and are you a paying customer on this site?....i just wonder because if i pay for the thirty days, i want to know if i'll need to go in and cancel (like, will it keep continuing after thirty days like so many other things do) or will it end automatically aftr the thirty days...oh well..guess i have to wait for my paycheck :D

I used to think his dancing on the Dangerous tour was insanely good, and it is, but look at this! I don't know if its due to the fact that he has more energy because he doesn't sing live, but the dancing here was almost supernatural (and at this point he was nearly 40 years old!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w105XxxaRMQ&feature=related

Fast forward to 8.27 and watch the remaining two minutes! Tell me that ain't some insane dancing! My jaw dropped like only Michael can make it! :shock:

Blummin 'eck, that's awesome! I love his beat boxing too!:dancin:

I'M SORRY!!! SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!!!.....i'm waiting cuz i imagine it would be better to pay....since there are so many parts and it looks like each part will take 40 minutes?? but i don't see how i'm able to download it straight to a dvd....and are you a paying customer on this site?....i just wonder because if i pay for the thirty days, i want to know if i'll need to go in and cancel (like, will it keep continuing after thirty days like so many other things do) or will it end automatically aftr the thirty days...oh well..guess i have to wait for my paycheck :D

You can get a premium account if you want, I have one, and I believe it just finishes after 30 days and then you can choose whether or not you want to pay for another 30 days or just go back to the free version. Once you have downloaded all the parts to your computer then you have to extract them using winrar (or something similar) and you will be left with a VIDEO_TS folder which you can burn straight to DVD using Nero or whatever burning software you usually use

I sat and watched the whole History concert tonight with family.. we had a little gathering. :) I love it.

Back