The Highlight of Your Day

Altiyan was great tonight :) i think he was the only one that did great tonight

Yeah I agree, he was the stand out of the night. Mahogany were good. I think they were harsh on Luke and Joel though. Those two are a pleasure to watch in more ways than one. LOL :wub:

Going shopping and finding what I set out to look for: The Tom Lehrer Collection. :heart:
It was the last copy too. :w00t: and all mine!!! =DDDD

Of course, let's ignore the fact that the purchase pretty much makes all my other Tom Lehrer CD's obsolete...well, not really. There are some songs in the other ones which didn't make it on to the collection, now that I think about it... "In Old Mexico" and "I Wanna Go Back to Dixie" didn't make it, and neither did "The Weiner Schnitzel Waltz" and "Whatever Happened to Hubert." In fact, a lot of the songs on That Was the Year That Was and Songs and More Songs by Tom Lehrer didn't make it on the Collection CD. It does, however, have some songs that aren't on the other two, a lot of the Electric Company songs, and "(I'm Spending) Hannukah in Santa Monica."

The real reason The Tom Lehrer Collection appeals, however, is not for the CD (assuming you own his previous ones, anyway.) No, the real appeal here is the DVD--previously unreleased video performances of Tom Lehrer (which can be found on YouTube on 6funswede's channel, but the quality is 1,000,000x better on the DVD.) That came out just year. :w00t: And now I have it!!!!! :D

There are also all the Electric Company songs he sings, and some rare performance footage from 1980, 1997, and 1998. =D

I forgot to mention that I also bought some gourmet soda. :)

Last edited:
Back