The Epic Thread of Random-ness [MERGED]

I have scanned some of my documents ..but the size of each image is more than 5 to 6 mb :(

can anyone help me out ..as how to decrease the size (i want it under 400kb to 500kb) of the image without disturbing the quality......

anyone....Vic, LJ, Orangeman... or any graphics expert?

Hey Rita :)

try using this little program called Irfan View http://www.download.com/IrfanView/3000-219...tml?tag=lst-0-1

it's fantastic as it's only a little prgram but will you will be able to reduce stuff etc.

Open the image in it... (you'll see it opens it to the real size of the image... so if it's scanned probably huuuuge!!! :lol: )

Then try 2 things...

Go to Image > and select > Resize/Resample and you have 3 ways to make the image smaller in physical size, either through changing the actual size reference... or through % like make it 50% smaller etc ... or choose one of the set sizes on the right side of the box 640x480 etc

Then select Save As in your File Menu and when it goes to save it move the quality bar across abit to lower the resolution a bit. I trialed a HQ image and saved it by 50% and it didn't lose too much quality

I hope that helps :flowers:

Hey LJ.... IT WORKED...... u saved me ...lol! :kickass:

I installed the viewer and lol... yeah... as you said the real image was very huge
Im able to resize it.... a miraculous change from 5,838 Kb to 108Kb! lol! and quality is fine too :yes: :yes:

I had 22 such images to attach them on an email ... but now Im happy.. i'll be able to do it easily
...Thanks to you LJ... :)

Hey Rita glad I could help you :flowers:

it's a handy little program :)

22!!! that woulda been one huge email in their original size!!! :lol:

^ LOL ..yeah.... those 22 documents made up to 78 MB :( ...I was :cry: thinking abt how to attach them

but now thanks to you .....those 78 mb is reduced to less than 2 mb :) with great quality :flowers:

LJ...I know it's evening of 6Aug in Australia but still .. Happy Friendship day... :)

RT: I still can't believe that Arnold thanked me for sending him his birthday wishes. :blush:

hello everyone its so boring in here and i'm not having a good time at all. my uncle is such an .... thank God i'm going back home in 2 days. on top of that i have the slowest connection ever in here.

Back