The Downfalls Of “Michael”

People think his career "died" after Thriller because they can't comprehend the deepness and vastly improved substance of the Dangerous and HIStory albums. He's not going to keep on doing trivial songs like Thriller, PYT, The Lady In My Life and all that forever.

Wow, do you know anything about Michael Jackson? He was constantly working on new music all through the 2000s. It just hasn't been released yet. TII, the single was old, actually from around the time of the Thriller era. You know, the one we are all so nostalgic for? Michael's so called "genius" days. You should have loved that one.

We have no idea how he expressed his genius because we have only heard a couple of the new songs. Maybe your not old enough to remember, but every album after Thriller, people spouted the same ish. That Michael had lost it, the new album wasn't as good, he was pandering to the gods of pop trash music, blah ,blah, blah. But he continued to be the most successful performer on earth. His music continued to be played and loved all over the world.

This is just the same old tired complaint that I have heard ever since Thriller. No one is buying it, give it a rest.

Read my post carefully i say "AFTER INVINCIBLE" and " BY THE TIME OF HIS DEATH "
Of course his work has always been GENIUS til INVINCIBLE i am not a loyal fan for nothing

By the way my favorite album is Dangerous Thriller is only 4th in my list

prettygirlmj;3081135 said:
Not more than two weeks after the release of the controversial and heavily criticized “Breaking News,” Epic Records have released another track off Michael Jackson’s posthumous album “Michael.” “Hold My Hand,” a duet with R&B singer Akon, holds true to Jackson’s style, however, I can’t shake the feeling that this is all very wrong.

Before even playing the track, the first thing that stands out with “Hold My Hand” is the woeful pairing of Michael and Akon. Now, don’t get me wrong, I don’t mean this musically. The song itself actually came out sounding far better than any of the previous posthumous releases.

However, the plain fact that a banal singer who rose to popularity by singing “I Wanna **** You,” and has simulated sex on stage with a 15-year-old girl got to collaborate on a single with the king of pop seems perverse.

The rest of the collaborators on “Michael” don’t really fit either. According to the record’s track list, 50 Cent will be featured in one song, which honestly makes me nervous of the song’s potential to be complete and utter pop-rap trash. In fact, the most sensible collaboration is a track with Lenny Kravitz, which is even a bit of a stretch when comparing Kravitz’ blend of rock with Jackson’s latest pop efforts.

There have been accusations that the “Michael” LP is a record industry construction which solely aims to profit off the late pop star. While I certainly believe it’s wrong to release unfinished tracks from an artist who was notorious for being a musical perfectionist, Jackson himself did actually work with Akon, 50 Cent, et al. on these tracks before his death. Apparently, he even left a handwritten note with his estate asking for “Hold My Hand” to be the first single off his new album.

Maybe what’s so difficult to take about “Hold My Hand,” and the rest of “Michael,” is a reminder of the fact that Michael Jackson hadn’t been at his best for over a decade. We like to remember the Michael of “Thriller” and the Jackson 5, that’s why a release like “Michael” only serves as proof of how far the king of pop had fallen by the time of his death.

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/36868/the-downfalls-of-michael/

Funny how stupid, unfavorable reviews only are attached to the real songs and Michael's real voice that is there. Next thing, they might attack that brilliant "Do You Know" track.

Back