The Downfalls Of “Michael”

prettygirlmj

Proud Member
Not more than two weeks after the release of the controversial and heavily criticized “Breaking News,” Epic Records have released another track off Michael Jackson’s posthumous album “Michael.” “Hold My Hand,” a duet with R&B singer Akon, holds true to Jackson’s style, however, I can’t shake the feeling that this is all very wrong.

Before even playing the track, the first thing that stands out with “Hold My Hand” is the woeful pairing of Michael and Akon. Now, don’t get me wrong, I don’t mean this musically. The song itself actually came out sounding far better than any of the previous posthumous releases.

However, the plain fact that a banal singer who rose to popularity by singing “I Wanna **** You,” and has simulated sex on stage with a 15-year-old girl got to collaborate on a single with the king of pop seems perverse.

The rest of the collaborators on “Michael” don’t really fit either. According to the record’s track list, 50 Cent will be featured in one song, which honestly makes me nervous of the song’s potential to be complete and utter pop-rap trash. In fact, the most sensible collaboration is a track with Lenny Kravitz, which is even a bit of a stretch when comparing Kravitz’ blend of rock with Jackson’s latest pop efforts.

There have been accusations that the “Michael” LP is a record industry construction which solely aims to profit off the late pop star. While I certainly believe it’s wrong to release unfinished tracks from an artist who was notorious for being a musical perfectionist, Jackson himself did actually work with Akon, 50 Cent, et al. on these tracks before his death. Apparently, he even left a handwritten note with his estate asking for “Hold My Hand” to be the first single off his new album.

Maybe what’s so difficult to take about “Hold My Hand,” and the rest of “Michael,” is a reminder of the fact that Michael Jackson hadn’t been at his best for over a decade. We like to remember the Michael of “Thriller” and the Jackson 5, that’s why a release like “Michael” only serves as proof of how far the king of pop had fallen by the time of his death.

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/36868/the-downfalls-of-michael/

prettygirlmj;3081135 said:
Not more than two weeks after the release of the controversial and heavily criticized “Breaking News,” Epic Records have released another track off Michael Jackson’s posthumous album “Michael.” “Hold My Hand,” a duet with R&B singer Akon, holds true to Jackson’s style, however, I can’t shake the feeling that this is all very wrong.

Before even playing the track, the first thing that stands out with “Hold My Hand” is the woeful pairing of Michael and Akon. Now, don’t get me wrong, I don’t mean this musically. The song itself actually came out sounding far better than any of the previous posthumous releases.

However, the plain fact that a banal singer who rose to popularity by singing “I Wanna **** You,” and has simulated sex on stage with a 15-year-old girl got to collaborate on a single with the king of pop seems perverse.

The rest of the collaborators on “Michael” don’t really fit either. According to the record’s track list, 50 Cent will be featured in one song, which honestly makes me nervous of the song’s potential to be complete and utter pop-rap trash. In fact, the most sensible collaboration is a track with Lenny Kravitz, which is even a bit of a stretch when comparing Kravitz’ blend of rock with Jackson’s latest pop efforts.

There have been accusations that the “Michael” LP is a record industry construction which solely aims to profit off the late pop star. While I certainly believe it’s wrong to release unfinished tracks from an artist who was notorious for being a musical perfectionist, Jackson himself did actually work with Akon, 50 Cent, et al. on these tracks before his death. Apparently, he even left a handwritten note with his estate asking for “Hold My Hand” to be the first single off his new album.

Maybe what’s so difficult to take about “Hold My Hand,” and the rest of “Michael,” is a reminder of the fact that Michael Jackson hadn’t been at his best for over a decade. We like to remember the Michael of “Thriller” and the Jackson 5, that’s why a release like “Michael” only serves as proof of how far the king of pop had fallen by the time of his death.

This article is trash. Look at the source. Are they now music critics? According to them, MJ's career ended at Thriller. They are grasping at straws to find something negative to say about "Michael".

WTF! Total B.S! If they haven't like his music since the 80's then why even bother to write anything about his music period? Nothing was gonna please the writer anyway so what a waste!

Michael has always been great. Critics keep forgetting about 'Dangerous' , 'History', and 'Invincible'. Michael was always brilliant.

I know it's a BS article, but it was new and I didn't see it posted here yet.

prettygirlmj;3081135 said:

See? This is what I'm afraid of. No matter that MJ has nothing really to do with the production of this album, the journalists will find a way to somehow blame it on him.

On the other hand someone who is still stuck with "Thriller" should never be allowed to write music critic, IMO. People who actually not allow themselves to be brainwashed by the media will tell you many of MJ's post-Thriller album were better than the top-seller....

I think being his best and releasing not an album (in around ten years) has nothing to do with each other..

Not at his Best ?? Well Mike on his worst day is still leagues above other artists.. and frankly this is just BS.. I heard a side by side comparasin of MJ in TII and MJ during a BAD concert.. and the vocal was.....Perfection.. Even for a rehearsal, I can only imagine what a live performance would have yeilded.

You would hve to be deaf dumb and blind to think that Michael had fallen off his throne of Artistic Genius... He even took the time and effort to show us.. He COULD still Dance. and he COULD still sing. And he did both exceptionlly well.

This is the most interresting part and i agree with this

Although the author knows almost nothing about mj's career he is right at some parts

Although i am 100% sure that "MICHAEL" is 80% not michael Jackson voice and nor even the production

he is right about saying that at the end of the day mj agreed to work with crappy "artists" like Akon and 50 cent and gave 100% of his agreement to realease those songs which dont even top a quarter of the "JUSTIFY" ( Justin Timberlake ) album quality

Cheap productions to catch teenagers immediate attention

The author was talking about "the time of his death " not before be carefull

We have to face the truth that michael wasnt anymore the genius he used to be after the Invincible album

facepalm.html

We have to face the truth that michael wasnt anymore the genius he used to be after the Invincible album

Says who? Your humble opinion =/= truth, darling. Genius, true genius, never disappears. There are many uncertain things in this world, but Michael's genius isn't one of them.

Says who? Your humble opinion =/= truth, darling. Genius, true genius, never disappears. There are many uncertain things in this world, but Michael's genius isn't one of them.

What did he do after Vinc

"This is It" and "MICHAEL" if you think that is "genius" then i cant do nothing for you

But what i should have to say is that his genius has been anihilated by all the problems he has had after Invincible
But of course he is "naturally" a genius" but couldnt anymore express this like he wanted to

this is stupid.michael only loved music and he liked any new artist that show something special...michael did not judge so much , the collaboration were about music!only great music!

I didn't even finish reading that crap.

Let's focus on posive vibes. :)

This is the most interresting part and i agree with this

Although the author knows almost nothing about mj's career he is right at some parts

Although i am 100% sure that "MICHAEL" is 80% not michael Jackson voice and nor even the production

he is right about saying that at the end of the day mj agreed to work with crappy "artists" like Akon and 50 cent and gave 100% of his agreement to realease those songs which dont even top a quarter of the "JUSTIFY" ( Justin Timberlake ) album quality

Cheap productions to catch teenagers immediate attention

The author was talking about "the time of his death " not before be carefull

Your post and the article are nonsensical. Michael's genius was evident in TII. He obviously still had it. His vocals on HMH are fantastic. Akon did an admirable job with production on HMH. As far as us all wanting Michael's music to sound like Thriller, that's ridiculous. Thriller isn't even my favorite Michael Jackson album! Actually I love his post 2000 vocals (think HMH, TII the movie) a little lower range, a little more depth, more mature and sensual. This article is written by some one who is ignorant of music and Michael Jackson.

it's really entertaining to see all the ways that people will try to say shit about Michael, and throw dirt on his name.

"This is It" and "MICHAEL" if you think that is "genius" then i cant do nothing for you

But what i should have to say is that his genius has been anihilated by all the problems he has had after Invincible
But of course he is "naturally" a genius" but couldnt anymore express this like he wanted to

Wow, do you know anything about Michael Jackson? He was constantly working on new music all through the 2000s. It just hasn't been released yet. TII, the single was old, actually from around the time of the Thriller era. You know, the one we are all so nostalgic for? Michael's so called "genius" days. You should have loved that one.

We have no idea how he expressed his genius because we have only heard a couple of the new songs. Maybe your not old enough to remember, but every album after Thriller, people spouted the same ish. That Michael had lost it, the new album wasn't as good, he was pandering to the gods of pop trash music, blah ,blah, blah. But he continued to be the most successful performer on earth. His music continued to be played and loved all over the world.

This is just the same old tired complaint that I have heard ever since Thriller. No one is buying it, give it a rest.

o

To be fair MJ died before he even had a chance to show the world what the This Is It concerts would really be like and he had nothing to do with putting the ''Michael'' album together. For all we know he never could have wanted those songs on the album in the first place

What a load of BS. I bet the author of that article hasn't even listened to any of MJ's albums after "Thriller". :closedeyes:

Not even gonna read that whole lame excuse for a article. Downfalls? LMAO! I love how these stupid idiots NEVER mention Dangerous and HIStory, they always say 'People miss the Thriller days..bla bla...' totally ignoring the brilliant Dangerous and HIStory works.

Here is my comments written on the article

Kam Tamberini
You are looking for Controversial stuff, where there is none
I know that you the media, has been in favor of trashing Michael
throughout his career, and now when it has come to end, and
approx about 60-70% of 200.000 People
voted 10 out of 10 on this song,
the rest voted 8/10.
and only 5% voted 5/10

It seem like, Your days as trashing Michael has finally come to an end
As the public is now going to like this album.
I certainly do not hope that you are a music critique person.
Cause you do not know a batshit about what the majority likes.
What matters, is how much the public likes the album,
if the public likes more sales and everybody is happy except you,
then i think you should shut your pie-hole and listen to your
death Metal music, perhaps thats what you love.
Obviously we all understand that making a controversy out of lyrics is only limited to Michael Jackson,
How about we do a deal here Kam, you listen to your death metal music
and i go back and read magazines who actually have facts,
if the majority liked the song or not.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally if anyone is gonna trash something,
trash it with evidence.

Last edited:
The article isn't nearly as offensive as some of the commentary in this thread by actual fans.

Genius is not something one can lose. If it's a quality that vanishes that mean he wasn't genius in the first place.

Mike has been always a genius, and died genius. His confidence though... that suffered after the trial humiliation, the hate that many fans got for Invincible, the huge amount of critics gave to his persona and artistry.

Sony, critics, producers, media, some fans - all pressured him to become more trendy and radio friendly in the mean time dissecting everything, criticizing every slight attempt... So finally he might have said - I need to listen to them. I need to tour and work hard on scene ( not matter the pains and insomnia ), I need to re release Thriller, as in Thriller 25, because new songs and videos they do not want that from me. :no:

And now some come and dare to say he wasnt genius anymore... After it is so obvious that that man wings and life were tortuously ripped apart for years.... :mello:

The article isn't nearly as offensive as some of the commentary in this thread by actual fans.

Agree.

Criticizing Michael for not making genius music to entertain us, while he was fighting for his life, is a bit low.

Back