The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

Was Don't Matter to Me given to other artists the same way "LNFSG and I Never Heard (This Is It) was?

No, that list contains the title: “Ghost” which most likely was an abbreviation for “Ghost Of Another Lover”.
Seems presumptuous given that he didn’t abbreviate any other song titles. Not to mention that he also wrote “Teddy do overdubs” next to it.

Ne-Yo talks about working with Michael.

- Started roughly towards the end of 2008
- Met in Lyor Cohen's house in New York
- Ne-Yo was writing for Michael, he says they were going to record after This is It tour had finished
- No MJ vocals but he did help write/compose
- Unsure how to proceed with the songs as they were purely written for Michael.

Seems presumptuous given that he didn’t abbreviate any other song titles. Not to mention that he also wrote “Teddy do overdubs” next to it.
You have a point, however, he did abbreviate “Messin’ Round” as well on that list. What is perhaps most interesting is that underneath “Teddy do overdubs” is written “get lyrics from writer”.

What writer? If it is Ghosts we are talking about, Michael wrote it with Teddy. Was Ghost Of Another Lover written by an outside writer?

Just checked the Monster acappella, nothing special going on there. I think you are just referring to the sound effect (spinning plate sound), which is a common sound
Yeah, I was talking about the spinning plate sound.

- Ne-Yo was writing for Michael, he says they were going to record after This is It tour had finished
Even if it's just "writer's demos", I'm still dying to hear anything from the post-trial era.

I appreciate his candor here. I’d love to hear them.

Would be cool, if we would have access to the songs multitracks. Perhaps everything from Tomboy (including MJ vocals) is present there. @nick2341: do you have access to the multitracks of "Stop That" (Zapp) by chance??

CapEO sound pattern is present in the Zapp song.
Never knew the song until about 10 minutes ago haha.

You have a point, however, he did abbreviate “Messin’ Round” as well on that list. What is perhaps most interesting is that underneath “Teddy do overdubs” is written “get lyrics from writer”.

What writer? If it is Ghosts we are talking about, Michael wrote it with Teddy. Was Ghost Of Another Lover written by an outside writer?
I think “Messin’ ‘Round” goes by multiple different titles. There’s a version titled “Don’t Be Messin’” as well.

I think it’s possible MJ was gonna outsource the lyrics for “Ghosts” to another writer. Remember, in ‘91 the only vocal was a scratch one without lyrics.

This was really cool, thanks. I love a lot of Ne-Yo's music and I think they would've worked so well together. Such a shame Mike didn't have enough time to record something from/with him...

Was MJ working on The Way You Love Me again before he died? I remember discussion about Neff-U being given it but am not sure if that was true or not.

Was MJ working on The Way You Love Me again before he died? I remember discussion about Neff-U being given it but am not sure if that was true or not.
I think Neff U said in the making Michael documentary album that MJ gave him that song as a "gift"

If I remember rightly I think Way You Love Me, Beautiful Girl and Cheater were on his list of songs from 2009 too

BRAD BUXER and MJ titles,
Things to notice:
Copyrighted in 2010, may be in complete condition...

I recently interview
Brad said his favourite songs includes Days in Gloucestershire, Adore You...
So if 'Beautiful Girl', 'In The Back', 'Days In Gloucestershire' are among his favourites because they are 'killer' songs can this mean there are finished versions of those? Because what is 'killer' about 'ITB' and 'DIG' in the state that we know them (mumbling)?

So if 'Beautiful Girl', 'In The Back', 'Days In Gloucestershire' are among his favourites because they are 'killer' songs can this mean there are finished versions of those? Because what is 'killer' about 'ITB' and 'DIG' in the state that we know them (mumbling)?
I think he's just saying they're some his favourite songs. They weren't worked on any further.

Gotta say I really don’t see it in Gloucestershire. MJ butchers the pronunciation & it’s just incredibly weak.

The chords of “Family Thing” kinda sounds like “Is It Scary,” so it’s entirely possible MJ used it as a base. Otherwise, they’re totally separate.

I don’t think it was ever settled what song was meant to be featured in Is This Scary, but I’d assume it would’ve been “Family Thing” given the connection.

“Ghosts” is from 1991. “Family Thing” came about in 1993. MJ and Jam/Lewis started putting together “Is It Scary” in late 1994.
I want to believe that Family Thing eventually morphed into Is It Scary given the chords sound similar and the BPM of both are almost the same

I want to believe that Family Thing eventually morphed into Is It Scary given the chords sound similar and the BPM of both are almost the same
Do u have info about song don't make me stay

Matt Forger believes later versions of "Ghosts" and "Is It Scary" may have evolved from ideas created during the 1993 sessions. While musically distinct, the gothic/horror element is certainly the common thread linking them all.

No. There are later versions with updated music and production, but the vocals we’ve heard are all that exist by all accounts.

A song doesn’t need to be completely finished to be enjoyable. With that mentality, “Billie Jean” might’ve never been made because the demo was half-baked and full of mumbling. You can tell the foundations are strong regardless of the vocals.

Back