The Daily News Oct 28 - All about the movie!!

Ive read some really nice reviews........................but some in the media will never apologize...but that is OK..........the energy from the people who enjoyed it show blows those haters away

Your comment is the best comment of the week
:punk::clapping::wub:

New York's Metro:
(note from me: Metro rarely gives 5 star reviews for films. RARELY. The most they give for a good film is a 3, so the fact that they gave Mike a 5 star review melts my heart)

http://www.metro.us/us/article/2009/10/28/06/5031-81/index.xml

‘This Is It’ and it is goodJackson rehearsal movie is full of contradictions and raw power
Dancing machine

Jackson's fluid dancing is awe-inspiring, and it even inspires such a reaction from his beefcake dancers, who for a good portion of the film are just watching and applauding their boss. The other portion they're nailing the acrobatic dance moves and looking kind of like juiced up Fraggles.

Grade: ➊➋➌➍➎

REVIEW. In the seven months since Michael Jackson announced his plans to perform a series of concerts to be called “This Is It,” the intended interpretation of the phrase — a final extended celebration to crown an amazing career in show business — has dwindled down to mean “this is all we have left.”

The movie resulting from the rehearsals for the 50 shows holds a little bit of both meanings, which actually gives it a very powerful emotional punch.

The performances captured are said to have only been intended for Jackson’s personal use, so it’s hard to fault the film for being unpolished, which it definitely is, and we’re given such a clear glimpse of Jackson the performance perfectionist, that watching him behind-the-scenes feels voyeuristic, knowing that he would have never allowed such a rough film to be shown to his fans were he still alive. He is caught between bitching to his musicians, “I want it like the way I wrote it,” and the next moment thanking God for them.

“Human Nature” will raise the hairs on your arms and you won’t be able to resist snapping along to “Billie Jean” but then you have to watch Jackson make unconscious self-deprecating remarks about his performance.

It is within this field between opposite energies that “This Is It” sets itself so far apart from any other concert film that has come before it. And because of Jackson’s untimely death, this film is how we’re invited to celebrate his life, and our own lives in how his music relates to us.

It’s just more than a little frustrating that the production he and his crew were working so hard towards would never come to be, and that the day after he encourages the team to take audiences to “places they’ve never been before” is the day he died. But that is where the tragic beauty of this film lies, that his final dream was never realized, that this is it.

-Pat Healy

The New York Post critic is such a bitch!:evil:

Nice to see all the other reviews drowning his dribble!

Jackson Brothers On 'This Is It' & Why Katherine Won't Be Seeing Her Son's Movie

Michael Jackson's brothers are raving over "This Is It," with one of his siblings branding the film "electrifying."
"It's a bittersweet moment for us because, as you know, [we just had] the passing of our brother, but [on] the same token, I wanted to see Michael do his thing and he was electrifying," Jackie told Access Hollywood's Tony Potts at the "This Is It" after party late Tuesday evening.

And Marlon Jackson added that he thought his brother would have been thrilled by the support for the film.
"He would appreciate that the fans across the globe respect his work, appreciate his work," Marlon said. "That's all we want people to do."

When asked if he thought Michael would be smiling down from above over the film, Jermaine said yes.
"Absolutely he's smiling and I'm very, very proud of him very, very proud," Jermaine said. "As his older brother, I'm extremely proud."
While Michael's brothers and father, Joe Jackson, saw the film last night, the King of Pop's mother and sisters still have no plans to see the film.

It's hard for them to see it," Jackie said.
"They're going to see it when it they're ready to see it," Marlon added. "And if it's never, then it's never, but we respect that."

"It's very tough, because you've got to realize we look at the message, we look at the entertainment, [Katherine] looks at her child. That's her child, she lost him so she looks beyond what is [on the screen]," Jermaine said. "She doesn't have him any more, we don't have [him], the world doesn't have him anymore but we have his music."

But despite reports that Michael's children were going to see the film on Tuesday, Jackie broke the news that Prince Michael I, Paris and Blanket will watch it sometime soon in a very private setting.
"They're going to see it on their own time, but at home," he revealed. "It's already been arranged.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/usmovi...this-why-katherine-wont-seeing-her-sons-movie

Thanks to all for all these news, specially the reviews, wish Michael would be here, i still miss him, i think i will always miss him, anyway Michael lives on, he does.:)

Reading such positive reviews brings tears to my eyes. It makes me wonder if Michael would've received the same positivity for the shows themselves had they gone ahead. Id give anything to have him back right now, but in some way I wonder if this is the way it had to be, for Michael to be truly recognised and valued.

It doesnt seem to be in our nature to value what we have, when we have it. Will we ever learn.

I think you hit the nail on the head right there! Sad shame, but I guess we wouldn't have light without darkness, ying without yang, etc.

I did enjoy the movie. I think they did a good job showing the Master at work.

By SANDY COHEN, AP Entertainment Writer Sandy Cohen, Ap Entertainment Writer – 43 mins ago
LOS ANGELES – "Michael Jackson's This Is It" comes too late in the year to be considered for a documentary Oscar, but the film about the late King of Pop's preparations for a series of comeback concerts could qualify for other Hollywood honors, including the Academy Award for best picture.

The film, which opened around the globe Tuesday and Wednesday has already earned rousing praise from fans and critics, who say it restores Jackson's reputation as a world-class entertainer.

Director Kenny Ortega, a longtime Jackson collaborator who was overseeing his London concert comeback, crafted the nearly two-hour film from more than 100 hours of footage recorded during rehearsals for the London shows, which were to have begun in July. Jackson died June 25 at age 50.

"What we did here was focus on telling a good story and creating a film for the fans really enabling them to understand what Michael Jackson had dreamed for them," Ortega said Wednesday.

He added it was his hope "the audience for this film will grow and that as many people come to see it as possible because I think that it's a wonderful story about a brilliant man. ... Awards, Oscars, that's all great wishful thinking."

It may be more than wishful, said Steven Gaydos, executive editor of the Hollywood trade paper Variety and a self-described cynic. With the Academy Awards best-picture slate expanded to 10 films this year rather than the traditional five, "This Is It" could find itself among the contenders, he said.

To qualify, the film must complete a seven-day run in Los Angeles County and filmmakers would need to "submit the proper paperwork," said Leslie Unger, spokeswoman for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, which puts on the Oscars. The movie could also be considered in other categories, she said, including sound and film editing.

Sony, which paid $60 million for the global film rights, plans to keep "This Is It" in theaters for just over two weeks. The studio did not respond to an e-mail seeking comment about whether it planned to submit the film in any of the Oscar categories.

Ortega, a veteran director, producer and choreographer who counts TV's "High School Musical" among his credits, could also find himself in contention for a best-director nod, Gaydos said.

"He did a masterful job putting this whole thing together," he said. "It was so powerful and interesting, so creative and well-done, I think he should be considered... Kenny just won over all these critics like me with Michael Jackson that anything interesting could go on with this guy."

After completing a weeklong run, "This Is It" could also be eligible for Golden Globe awards consideration if it's submitted before the Nov. 6 deadline, said Michael Russell, a spokesman for the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, which puts on the annual ceremony.

Ortega said an Oscar nod would be a fitting recognition of Jackson's last work.

"He deserves one," he said. "Come on people."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091029...Ec2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yeQRzbGsDY291bGRtaWNoYWVs

We are having a World of "Great reviews" for this is it... finally.... a dream long overdue... why is it that People have to wait till someone dies to recognize them?
Sad isn't it. And some of these people degraded him now they praise him. MJ is the same dead as he was alive so why couldn't it be done when he was alive?

...Speaking to ClashMusic, Smokey Robinsonhttp://www.clashmusic.com/artists/smokey-robinson revealed that he has recorded a special new version of the classic Jackson 5 track 'I Want You Back'. "I have a hidden track on there, 'I Want You Back'" he explained. "I've been recording this album for about three years, and one of the first songs that I recorded three years ago was 'I Want You Back', because I wanted to do sort of like a jazz version of it, an adult version of it, and not like the Jackson 5 had sang it, you know? I'd always liked that song, so I wanted to do it."

Continuing, the Motown icon revealed that he was in two minds whether to release the song after Michael Jackson's death. "I didn't want people to think, 'Okay, his little brother died so now he¹s exploiting that fact and he's gonna record this song.' I didn't even want to list it, I didn't even want to give people the chance - those who might have thought that or said that - to even think that or say that."

"So, out of respect for Michael, I didn't list it. It was already there. I didn't put in anything about it, so it's just my hidden track on there."

http://www.clashmusic.com/news/smokey-robinson-covers-michael-jackson

The New York Post critic is such a bitch!:evil:

Nice to see all the other reviews drowning his dribble!
NYP is alway that. they are no good to everyone and a tabloid. WHo cares. they make a living out of being an @$$

Back