The Daily News Nov 18 - Judge To Consider Unsealing Jackson Warrant

mariemarie

Guests
Michael Jackson Moonwalk Glove Auction

The rhinestoned glove Michael Jackson wore during the world premiere of the Moonwalk will be auctioned in New York City this weekend. The King of Pop wore the bejeweled glove — made in Korea — for his 1983 performance of “Billie Jean” at the Motown 25 TV special.

Michael-Jackson-Glove-Auction-500x559.jpg

The glove, which is encrusted with Swarovski crystals is expected to fetch between $40,000-$60,000 dollars in an auction at the Hard Rock Cafe in Manhattan this Saturday.

“We have toured the glove to Asia, Russia. There is a lot of interest, people are flying from all over the world on Saturday,” says Darren Julien of Julien’s Auction. “This was his most historical performance. … It was his first performance of Moonwalk, he performed it in his kitchen at home two nights before,” says Julien.

http://www.popcrunch.com/michael-jackson-moonwalk-glove-auction/

Michael Jackson: ‘Duets’ Album in the Pipeline

A new concept for the Michael Jackson industry is set to come to the fore, with a ‘duets’ album set to be released in the near future with stars from all over the globe wanting to take part.

The idea is masterminded by Mike Blakey, with Michael Jackson classics such as ‘Billie Jean’ and ‘Beat It’ set to be edited and re-recorded with vocals from Britney Spears, Madonna and Justin Timberlake to make the song sound like a duet, rather than a solo performance. Nothing is set in stone yet, but the album is going to be set up in aid of a new charity set up in Michael Jackson’s name.

In another charity re-work, the stars of X-Factor in the UK have recorded one of Michael’s biggest hits; ‘You Are Not Alone’ with £1 of each purchase going towards the Great Ormond Street Hospital Childrenís Charity. The video can be viewed below.

http://www.inentertainment.co.uk/20...ne/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

There are of course many reports about Even Chandler reported death yesterday, but not, at least what I can find, anything "new" about that.

Today in
Michael Jackson History

2000 - Rolling Stone magazine released a list of the "100 Greatest Pop Songs Since 1963." Michael Jackson had 4 songs on the list: "Billie Jean" (#5), "I Want You Back" by The Jackson 5 (#9), "Beat It" (#22) and "Rock With You" (#82).

2003 - The Michael Jackson album "Number Ones" was released. The album contained 18 songs including the song "One More Chance."

2003 - A search warrant was served at Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch linked to a child molestation allegation.

2004 - Mayfair Gallery, an antiques and furniture store, filed suit against Michael Jackson for failing to pay $178,875 of his bill from purchases in May 2004.

billie_jean2.jpg

Re: The Daily News Nov 18

Michael Jackson: ‘Duets’ Album in the Pipeline

A new concept for the Michael Jackson industry is set to come to the fore, with a ‘duets’ album set to be released in the near future with stars from all over the globe wanting to take part.

The idea is masterminded by Mike Blakey, with Michael Jackson classics such as ‘Billie Jean’ and ‘Beat It’ set to be edited and re-recorded with vocals from Britney Spears, Madonna and Justin Timberlake to make the song sound like a duet, rather than a solo performance. Nothing is set in stone yet, but the album is going to be set up in aid of a new charity set up in Michael Jackson’s name.

In another charity re-work, the stars of X-Factor in the UK have recorded one of Michael’s biggest hits; ‘You Are Not Alone’ with £1 of each purchase going towards the Great Ormond Street Hospital Childrenís Charity. The video can be viewed below.

http://www.inentertainment.co.uk/20...ne/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

This sounds like a horrible idea! Britney, Justin?!?! Please. . .

I really, really hated the Beat It remix with Fergie. So if it's going to be anything like that, then no thank you.

But I wouldn't mind people like Janet, Stevie, Lionel possibly covering Michael songs and maybe try to do a duet in a classy way. I like the virtual duet between Nat King Cole and Natalie Cole because that actually meant something deeper than just making money.

Now, what would really be awesome is if they could get the adult versions of 'I'll be there' and 'Never can say goodbye' and create a virtual duet between his J5 versions and the adult versions. I think that would be sort of cool.

'People are talking about Michael Jackson again'

ON MICHAEL JACKSON

Niall McCarthy:

I liked Michael Jackson’s songs before he died. I’m really looking to seeing This Is It, the film made before he died.

People are talking about Michael Jackson again, except this time they’re talking about his music, rather than his personal life.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/features/2009/1118/1224259042433.html

Judge To Consider Unsealing Jackson Warrant
Nov 18, 2009 4:15 am US/Pacific

Las Vegas AP - A judge is again considering whether to unseal court documents stemming from a police search in Las Vegas following pop singer Michael Jackson's death.

A clerk says Clark County District Court Judge Valerie Adair may hear by telephone Wednesday from Los Angeles police before making her decision.

Attorneys for The Associated Press and other media want affidavits relating to an Aug. 11 search of a Las Vegas pharmacy made public.

Police oppose their release.

Authorities say Jackson's personal physician, Dr. Conrad Murray, bought the powerful sedative propofol at the pharmacy.

The Los Angeles County coroner ruled propofol was a primary cause of Jackson's death June 25.

The case is being investigated as a homicide.

Murray isn't charged with a crime, but is the focus of the probe.

(© 2009 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

http://cbs2.com/local/warrant.michael.jackson.2.1319529.html

In 1992, the Jackson Mini series aired the second half of THE JACKSONS: An American Dream.

The day/the next day after people learn about the death of E.Chandler is when this happened - 2003 - A search warrant was served at Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch linked to a child molestation allegation.

eww no thanks

I don't mind a duets album, as long as it's legends from the industry that do the songs.....people like Lionel Richie, Whitney, Aretha, Tina Turner, the lost MJ/Freddie Mercury duets...stuff like that. Not anyone from the last decade please

This sounds like a horrible idea! Britney, Justin?!?! Please. . .

I really, really hated the Beat It remix with Fergie. So if it's going to be anything like that, then no thank you.

But I wouldn't mind people like Janet, Stevie, Lionel possibly covering Michael songs and maybe try to do a duet in a classy way. I like the virtual duet between Nat King Cole and Natalie Cole because that actually meant something deeper than just making money.

Now, what would really be awesome is if they could get the adult versions of 'I'll be there' and 'Never can say goodbye' and create a virtual duet between his J5 versions and the adult versions. I think that would be sort of cool.

Michael did a commercial years ago where he was singing I'll be There as an adult and MJ as a child came in the room and sang it with him. The adult Michael was playing the piano. It's on youtube(I can't get youtube from my job).

It's a beautiful commercial. I think it was a Pepsi commercial.

No damn Duets Album!

See, this is the thing that worries me. All those unfinished songs by Michael are gonna be passed off as 'all Michael' when we all know that 70% of it maybe by others and hence it won't 'truly' be a Michael Jackson song. All I know is whatever finished songs there are, use them, if not don't mess with something Michael maynot have wanted released with his name attached to it.

Michael did a commercial years ago where he was singing I'll be There as an adult and MJ as a child came in the room and sang it with him. The adult Michael was playing the piano. It's on youtube(I can't get youtube from my job).

It's a beautiful commercial. I think it was a Pepsi commercial.

You mean this one? Its just stunning isn't. I cant stop crying everytime I see it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apsPr9EEogg

Jackson Investigation Mystery Date

Big clue in the Michael Jackson investigation -- the LAPD detective leading the probe indicated January 18, 2010 may be a significant date.

Detective Orlando Martinez asked a Las Vegas judge this AM to keep search warrant documents related to Applied Pharmacy secret until January 18. Law enforcement sources told us previously cops didn't want the warrant made public until the investigation was completed.

As we first reported, the LAPD believes Applied Pharmacy supplied Dr. Conrad Murray with the Propofol that ultimately killed Michael Jackson. They are on the hunt to make sure other pharmacies didn't supply Propofol.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0XFy2aGRa

watching Janet 's interview now...and 1st time watching a full interview with her...she comes across a bit fake....

interesting that you should say that RastaPasta. I trust your judgement.

somebody needs to put out the adult version of Never Can Say Goodbye, or else!! :rant:

And I don't wanna hear that duet album at ALL :no:

watching Janet 's interview now...and 1st time watching a full interview with her...she comes across a bit fake....

I agree with you there were pass interviews where Janet says things to please the media.

I agree with you there were pass interviews where Janet says things to please the media.

people say she was respectful ..but you don't have to say mean words to sell someone out.........there was a strong bond between her and Michael...

I think of it this way..........how would Mike feel about that interview...

that interview left me cold...with a bad after taste...of a sister selling her brother out to re-ignite her career...............

my respect for her just diminished 10-folds...

let me just say these are my feelings....its not about right or wrong....just my take on this....

Last edited:
Big clue in the Michael Jackson investigation -- the LAPD detective leading the probe indicated January 18, 2010 may be a significant date.

Detective Orlando Martinez asked a Las Vegas judge this AM to keep search warrant documents related to Applied Pharmacy secret until January 18. Law enforcement sources told us previously cops didn't want the warrant made public until the investigation was completed.
hes prob going on holiday or something on that date!

So, wasn't it worth watching then? Maybe she (and others) have to fake everything because you know what happens to those very few that are TRUE, as we know they have nothing to laugh

people say she was respectful ..but you don't have to say mean words to sell someone out.........there was a strong bond between her and Michael...

that interview left me cold...with a bad after taste...of a sister selling her brother out to re-ignite her career...............

let me just say these are my feelings....its not about right or wrong....just my take on this....
Exactly. Contraditing the autospy report? Was she ever thinking?
She might just be the next hostile witness like LMP if she's not careful.
Certainly doing her brother no favours. If there's a Murray trail, this one derails it. All thanks to JJ
I'm sure there are better ways to create shock to sell your
Michaelsque Number Ones greatest hits records and
throwing your dead brother down the bus is not one of them!

Certainly doing her brother no favours. If there's a Murray trail, this one derails it. All thanks to JJ
right my opinion too. sad.

How did she contradict the autopsy report?

Wow that is such a great question. I never thought of that.

I dunno how MJ would feel about this particular interview.

But then again, he does not like people talk about him. I remember a tape I heard of him discussing an interview his mother did...and he wasn't happy at all that she discussed his personal matter in the press.

A serious question: How do you guys think MJ would feel about Janet's interview? What about Latoya? Jermaine?

No need to ask about Joe's...I think we all know MJ would probably vomit.

Wow that is such a great question. I never thought of that.

I dunno how MJ would feel about this particular interview.

But then again, he does not like people talk about him. I remember a tape I heard of him discussing an interview his mother did...and he wasn't happy at all that she discussed his personal matter in the press.

A serious question: How do you guys think MJ would feel about Janet's interview? What about Latoya? Jermaine?

No need to ask about Joe's...I think we all know MJ would probably vomit.

I don't see a problem with Janet's interview. She did love him. She didn't dwell on the drug dependence like so many others have done.

she knew how the media would take such info as u can see from all the headlines about it.she didnt do a good enough job or one at all in stating it was years ago and had nothing to do with it so whys it even been discussed its irrelvent to what happened.im sure mj would appreciate it. would mj talk about her getting prescriptions underfalse names from her doctor. whys she not talking about his insomina? cause i doubt the family ever had a clue. i just expected janet of all ppl to have the brains to not be manipulated by the media. but shes done no different than tito and the others.

great post on mjjuk

they've already managed to make him look worse than Whitney Houston and she was a hardcore crackhead -- and this with the great help of his own family and Janet just put the final nail.

Why are they doing this? Just look at all the headlines on Google now about her interview:

Janet Jackson: Michael Was in Denial Over Drug Use -- People Magazine

Janet Jackson Says Michael May Have Been 'In Denial' About Drug Problems -- MTV

Janet Jackson Confirms Family Staged Drug Interventions for Michael -- US Magazine

Janet Jackson: Michael in denial over drug problem -- AP

Janet Jackson: We Tried to Save Michael From Drug Use -- American Superstar Magazine

Janet Jackson: We Staged an Intervention for Michael -- Hollyscoop

and many many more like these.

Well, thank you Jackson family, I'm sure Michael appreciates all this great effort you've put in depicting him as a raving druggie.

she knew how the media would take such info as u can see from all the headlines about it.she didnt do a good enough job or one at all in stating it was years ago and had nothing to do with it so whys it even been discussed its irrelvent to what happened.im sure mj would appreciate it. would mj talk about her getting prescriptions underfalse names from her doctor. whys she not talking about his insomina? cause i doubt the family ever had a clue. i just expected janet of all ppl to have the brains to not be manipulated by the media. but shes done no different than tito and the others.

great post on mjjuk

they've already managed to make him look worse than Whitney Houston and she was a hardcore crackhead -- and this with the great help of his own family and Janet just put the final nail.

Why are they doing this? Just look at all the headlines on Google now about her interview:

Janet Jackson: Michael Was in Denial Over Drug Use -- People Magazine

Janet Jackson Says Michael May Have Been 'In Denial' About Drug Problems -- MTV

Janet Jackson Confirms Family Staged Drug Interventions for Michael -- US Magazine

Janet Jackson: Michael in denial over drug problem -- AP

Janet Jackson: We Tried to Save Michael From Drug Use -- American Superstar Magazine

Janet Jackson: We Staged an Intervention for Michael -- Hollyscoop

and many many more like these.

Well, thank you Jackson family, I'm sure Michael appreciates all this great effort you've put in depicting him as a raving druggie.

I don't care how the media took it. As a Michael Jackson fan you should know more than anyone how the media spins anything concerning Michael Jackson.

Back