The Daily News - August 4 New Vanity Fair Mag [merged]

mariemarie

Guests
Michael Jackson & Farrah Fawcett Grace Vanity Fair

Michael_Jackson_Vanity_Fair_September_2009.0.0.0x0.400x569.jpeg

On sale Aug 11.

"I've seen lawyers who don't represent me and spokespeople who do not know me speaking for me. These characters always seem to surface with dreadful allegations just as another project, an album, a video is being released".
- Michael Jackson

Last edited:
Re: The Daily News - August 4

wow interesting quote, from which year do you know?

wow interesting quote, from which year do you know?

I believe the source says it's from November 18, 2003 after a search warrant was served at Neverland Ranch.

:)

True words all over!

This is a must buy for my Michael magazine collection.

I hope it's nice and not negative.

Robbie Williams adds Michael Jackson tribute song to new album

By 3am 4/08/2009
robbie-williams-pic-rex-image-2-717871710.jpg

Robbie Williams has penned a last-minute Michael Jackson tribute track for his new album.
The former Take That star was so moved by the King of Pop's death that he decided to fiddle around with the tracklisting and add the new song.
Record bosses were only told about the new addition at meetings last Thursday when they were set to finalise details of the autumn return.
Robbie said: "Michael Jackson died. It's all so very sad. I couldn't get a lyric to fit on one of the new songs, so when he passed away I rewrote it with him in mind.
"When I say I, I mean me and Don Black."
Nice of Robbie to namecheck the legendary lyricist he's been working with. "I was having a tough time with lyrics for a little while," Robbie went on. "Nothing would come out. Don kindly came in and gave me a helping hand and who better than the Pele of lyrics? I'm honoured.
"My album is a killer.
Old Robbie, New Robbie and a Robbie that neither of us has met."
Sounds busy...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/3am/...on-tribute-song-to-new-album-115875-21569805/

Nice VF cover, won't buy magazine they let Maureen Orth trash him in life and death too often.

Vanity Fair September Issue - "The Boy Who Would Be King"

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2009/08/michael-jackson-lisa-robinson.html#entry-more

"Before his onstage crotch grabbing, his plastic surgeries, his rumored addictions, and, at the lowest point, his child-molestation accusations, Michael Jackson was known for his talent, not his troubles. And for years, Vanity Fair’s Lisa Robinson followed his career, getting to know a singer she describes as “one of the most talented, adorable, enthusiastic, sweet, ebullient performers I’d ever interviewed.”

In her article “The Boy Who Would Be King,” one of two cover stories in the September 2009 issue (to read about the other one, on Farrah Fawcett, click here), Robinson recounts numerous interviews with Jackson, beginning with their first meeting at his family’s home in Encino, California, in 1972, when Michael was 14.

L.R.: So what do you like to do in your spare time?
M.J.: Swim … play pool … We don’t go much out of the gate because we have [everything] here. When we lived in the other house, we would go to the park to play basketball, but now we have it here.

(Michael asks me more questions than I ask him; there are discussions about my maroon nail polish, buying antiques on Portobello Road, the Apollo Theater, Madison Square Garden.)

L.R.: Do you ever get scared onstage?
M.J.: No. If you know what you’re doing, you’re not scared onstage.

Jackson was always electric onstage, but over the years Robinson continued to press him about his offstage life. In 1977, she interviewed him over the phone.

L.R.: Do you go out with girls? Any dates?
M.J.: No, I don’t date, no. I’m not really interested right now. I like girls and everything but [laughs] ... Oh, you think I’m one of those? No! I’m just not that interested right now.

In another phone interview the following year, she asked about his relationship with fans.

L.R.: As for reality, do you still enjoy meeting your fans?
M.J.: I enjoy all that sometimes, seeing people who love me, or buy my records. I think it’s fun, and I enjoy meeting my fans and I think it’s important. But sometimes people think you owe your life to them; they have a bad attitude, like “I made you who you are.” That may be true—but not that one person. Sometimes you have to say to them, If the music wasn’t good, you wouldn't have bought it. Because some of them think they actually own you.

In the ensuing years, Jackson would take control of his career to a degree readers may find surprising. Even more surprising, perhaps, was his declaration in 1984 that the original mix of Thriller, his hit 1982 album, had “sounded like crap.”

L.R.: What?
M.J.: Oh, it was terrible. And I cried at the listening party. I said, “I’m sorry—we can’t release this.” I called a meeting with Quincy [Jones], and everybody at the [record] company was screaming that we had to have it out and there was a deadline, and I said, “I’m sorry, I’m not releasing it.” I said, “It’s terrible.” So we re-did a mix a day. Like a mix a day. And we rested two days, then we did a mixing. We were overworked, but it all came out O.K.

To read “The Boy Who Would Be King,” pick up a copy of the September 2009 issue of Vanity Fair, available on newsstands in New York and Los Angeles on August 5 and nationwide on August 11.

Doctor was at fault, not Jackson

August 4, 2009

Well, we really did it this time. Doctors like to think of themselves as different from lawyers and Wall Street investment bankers as we never are motivated by greed.
But now, my California doctor cousins have broken new ground in this realm that leaves any attorney greed in the dust.
The recent revelation that Michael Jackson used the anesthetic Propofol to aid his sleep astounded me. I have used the drug in my practice since its introduction 20 years ago and never once did I think of using it to help someone get a good night sleep.
I guess the "doctor" working for Jackson who was getting paid $150,000 a month (or $5,000 per day!) thought he read that it was OK in the drug insert. (Maybe it was in the fine print.)
Anyway, I have now entertained the notion of uses for Propofol that would outnumber the apps on an I-Phone.
Is your wife or husband in a bad mood and yelling at you?
Just call and we'll "sleep em" with ole Propofol, maybe they'll wake up in a better mood ... or maybe not. At least they won't be yelling at you while they are asleep!
Maybe this could be included in Obama's national health plan.
I can see it now, SWAT teams of anesthesiologists and anesthetists patrolling the cities and country sides like super heroes in search of anyone with insomnia.
Americans are used to this idea of a drug or surgery for every little problem or ailment.
Well, we can't afford that any more and now Michael Jackson's early death has illustrated that this "Easy Button" can kill you.
But Michael had enough money to pay a "doctor" to fulfill this hare-brained idea of giving him an anesthetic to sleep at night, on top of all the narcotics and other stuff they were shooting into him.
Michael did have a problem, but those doctors involved were the criminals here, I believe.
I guess if they are kicked out of medicine, they could work in other areas where greed isn't as dangerous, like WorldCom or Enron.
It may be too late for us though.
The other night on C-Span I noticed that some our legislators discussing health care reform seem already to be on Propofol infusions.

Dr. Joe Campbell is chairman of anesthesiology and a chief medical officer at Forrest General Hospital. E-mail: joehand1@ bellsouth.net.

http://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/article/20090804/OPINION01/908040320

Re: Vanity Fair September Issue - "The Boy Who Would Be King"

The video of Robinson speaking showed some of those photoshoot outtakes, really amazing pictures! It was a good interview, too.

Can't wait to read more about the 1972 and 1977 interviews.

As for the photoshoot outtakes...wow, especially the one where he's biting his lip. Can't believe they hid these from us for so long. :)

great interview,the cover is beautiful..

Patients could ask their doctor(s), some drugs because don't want to suffer, or cure or whatever, but doctors are the only ones know what that particular drug would do to the patient. Patient wouldn't know that. Murray was irresponsible...his act was total negligence...he is guilty....we lost our MJ. :(

This is a must buy for my Michael magazine collection.

I hope it's nice and not negative.

If that Maureen Orth has anything to do with it, I have no interest whatsoever in buying it. If she doesn't, I'll be first in line for it.

Beautiful cover or not, I would never by Vanity Fair. Ever. It's too late to try to appeal to the fans. They didn't give two $hits about the fans when Mike was alive.

As of 4th of August I think Michael could be at present having the best selling album in the US for the 5th week. If someone can verify this plz.

Poets encouraged to enter contest commemorating Michael Jackson

by The Bay City TimesTuesday August 04, 2009, 12:42 PM

large_Germany%20Stasi%20Michael%20Jackson.JPG.jpeg
AP PhotoA poetry contest is being sponsored to commemorate the life of pop star, Michael Jackson
A poetry group, Rainbow Poets, out of New Mexico, is sponsoring a poetry contest to honor the life of the King of Pop, Michael Jackson.
"All winning poems will be published in an anthology and dedicated to Michael Jackson's mother, Katherine Jackson," said Contest Director William Benson.
The grand prize winner will be awarded $1000. There are also 24 smaller prizes, bringing total prize money to $5000.
"Whenever you have a major event, like Elvis Presley's death, or Michael Jackson, there's a flood of poetry that comes in, looking to get published," said Benson. "This is an avenue for that."
To enter, send one poem, 21 lines or less to Free Poetry Contest, 1600 31st Street SE, Rio Rancho, New Mexico 87124.
The 25 poems will be published in a souvenir book, "We Are the World".
Click HERE for more information.

http://www.mlive.com/news/bay-city/index.ssf/2009/08/poets_encouraged_to_enter_cont.html

August 04, 2009, (Splash News) - Michael Jackson's family now knows what killed him.
Katherine Jackson has been given the results of a private autopsy carried out on the star at the family's request, her lawyer Londell McMillan has revealed.
Another autopsy was carried out by the coroner, but the results of neither have been published.
Asked if Katherine Jackson knew the cause of Jackson's death, McMillan said: "It is my belief that she is aware at least from one report. There are several reports happening, so we are going to wait for the conclusive evidence and we will be able at some point know the best way to proceed."
Asked if he could divulge the results of the autopsy, the lawyer said: "We will let the results come out in due course."

http://www.sawfnews.com/Gossip/59185.aspx

^^ After the autopsy I hope someone will be charged :mad: Because it seems to be clear that Michael was not addicted to drugs and he was in good health.

Depeche Mode Reward Fans With Deep Cuts, Gahan’s Antics in NYC

8/4/09, 1:51 pm EST
Depeche Mode’s Dave Gahan does not move like a man who spent much of the spring in the hospital. The Britpop electro monsters had to cancel the early dates of their ‘Tour of the Universe” when Gahan had surgery to remove a malignant tumor in his bladder. But at New York’s Madison Square Garden yesterday, Gahan spent the night doing what he does best: wiggling, prancing, twirling his mikestand, blowing kisses to the crowd, and cavorting like a hyperactive goth slut in a black vest. He even threw in a discreet Michael Jackson tribute, yelping “hee hee!” in the middle of “Personal Jesus.” It was the only discreet thing he did all night.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdai...ard-fans-with-deep-cuts-gahans-antics-in-nyc/

Does anyone know of any sites where you can see more of the orginal Annie Leibovitz photoshoot? I know there are a few on MJJ pictures but there are obviously more that exist. I mean she would have taken reels and reels of proofs... God I love that shoot.

Thanks for posting! :) The cover is so beautiful. :wub: & his quote is very true.

wait .... are people actually using the daily news thread :dropdead: ??

Back