The best History Tour Concert

I imagine it must have been fantastic to be there and get soaked up in the atmosphere.

What are your feelings about the tour mate?
My feelings? Glad i went and didn't procrastinate. It was electric. we wanted him. Que for hours, the que stretched for miles and being in middle of summer was pretty hot and we could take in water bottles but the not water bottle with lids. Those who had those bottles were asked by the female security guard to remove the lids before they went inside.
He gave a non stop energetic performance. Might be the sparkling Billie Jean was one of the most memorable. Small observation. He seemed to prefer to go to the right side of the stage a little more than the left. we loved him being back in London again. He was warmly welcomed.

My feelings? Glad i went and didn't procrastinate. It was electric. we wanted him. Que for hours, the que stretched for miles and being in middle of summer was pretty hot and we could take in water bottles but the not water bottle with lids. Those who had those bottles were asked by the female security guard to remove the lids before they went inside.
He gave a non stop energetic performance. Might be the sparkling Billie Jean was one of the most memorable. Small observation. He seemed to prefer to go to the right side of the stage a little more than the left. we loved him being back in London again. He was warmly welcomed.
Great memories!

Did you buy the mystery drink at all?

Great memories!

I have a full can of Mystery. I bought it a few years later at one of MJNI fan parties in London and it was out of date by then. It wasnt sold at every concert. Some of my friends did buy it at the concerts they went to, they said it was a peach flavour.

I had a mystery drink can acquired through some fan magazine, it is all very hazy in my head, I remember drinking it too but not what it tasted like.

I was really crazy as a teen, every inch of my bedroom was covered with MJ posters, mostly from the HIStory tour era as those were the ones I found in magazines

Michael Jackson should not have endorsed such unhealthy, sugary drinks (Mystery Drink, Pepsi, etc) that lead to damaged teeth, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and so on.
I had a mystery drink can acquired through some fan magazine, it is all very hazy in my head, I remember drinking it too but not what it tasted like.
You found its taste awful and similar to the Nalu Energy Drink.

Michael Jackson should not have endorsed such unhealthy, sugary drinks (Mystery Drink, Pepsi, etc) that lead to damaged teeth, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and so on.

Oh please, just stop, You have no idea of what life was actually like back then. Without the Pepsi money, the tours would not have happened.

Your posts on every thread are filled with wrong assumptions about things you clearly have no understanding of. Were you even born when History tour was happening???

Great memories!
Yeah wild ones šŸ« 
No unfortunately I didn't purchase it @Blues_Away2023 because it was a [low] sparkling but still carbonated drink. I don't like drinks like that , but apparently, it tasted of peaches...but wasn't that sweet. I even heard of it tasting 'like flowers' haha so make of that what you will.
I manged to locate a small promo display though, and was gifted ..a poster. 'A drink comes true'. or will come true ...Can't recall..... but the poster had some kind of tagline like that in red lettering on the very top of the design. Almost like an explosion of effervescence.

Oh please, just stop, You have no idea of what life was actually like back then. Without the Pepsi money, the tours would not have happened.

Your posts on every thread are filled with wrong assumptions about things you clearly have no understanding of. Were you even born when History tour was happening???
Oh please, just stop, you have no idea of how boring and predictable your posts are.

Your posts on every thread are filled with the same boring and predictable things about how good it was to be there in real time, or how good it was to follow those updates in real time, and so on.

Yet, you are so clueless about many things regarding Michael Jackson.

Keep in mind, for example, that Pepsi was the reason that Michael Jackson started his drug addiction (in 1984), or that Pepsi dropped him as a promotional symbol as soon as his 1993 sexual scandal broke out.

You found its taste awful and similar to the Nalu Energy Drink.
Yes I remember I talked about it before, Iā€™m not exactly sure how I feel about you remembering such details though šŸ˜†

I never knew you saw him live
Regardless .... You never asked! ha! ...so, did you go too?:unsure:

Hey !! @filmandmusic you never told me you were crazy ..as a teen, film! haha
now this is offtopic dude. ...:rolleyes:
but yes I certainly did! so now you know, um... and it was Intense. Wish we all could just do it all over. you know?..šŸ˜£

one big groundhog day ...
He was looking very fashion forward in his pants of gold and all, but I'll never forget the energy of Billie Jean.

Regardless .... You never asked! ha! ...so, did you go too?:unsure:
yeah twice
Hey !! @filmandmusic you never told me you were crazy ..as a teen, film! haha
now this is offtopic dude. ...:rolleyes:
You never asked!
but yes I certainly did! so now you know, um... and it was Intense. Wish we all could just do it all over. you know?..šŸ˜£
there is a lot I wish to do all over again
one big groundhog day ...
depends on what we do all over again right
He was looking very fashion forward in his pants of gold and all
no comment šŸ˜
but I'll never forget the energy of Billie Jean.
Agreed

For many years, all we had was Munich 1997 as it was shown on TV and tapped and circulated in the fan community. History tour footage like Munich 1997 was cherished because we didnt have access like now adays to so much concert footage.

But I guess if you didnt experience the fan community before streaming and file sharing you have no understanding how much we valued that concert.
Yes! šŸ¤© I even made my brother connect our tv to the stereo and tape the audio šŸ˜„ I think the cassette tape, including a selfmade sleeve and liner notes šŸ˜­, still exists in my "vault" lol

Yes! šŸ¤© I even made my brother connect our tv to the stereo and tape the audio šŸ˜„ I think the cassette tape, including a selfmade sleeve and liner notes šŸ˜­, still exists in my "vault" lol
so you basically heard the History CD with crowd noises on cassette. Not very exciting imo.

so you basically heard the History CD with crowd noises on cassette. Not very exciting imo.
Actually it was very exciting. I have similar, from the MJ and Friends concert, a fan made audio on cassette, which I cherished. Back then, listening to it on a walkman with headphones , it was like going back and revliving it again.

And just an FYI, even now, hearing the concert screams gives me goosebumps, it transports me back to being there, to the most happiest times of my life. There is an official term for it, its called music-evoked autobiographical memory.

But I guess if you have never experienced it with Michael, you dont understand how it makes you feel.

Actually it was very exciting. I have similar, from the MJ and Friends concert, a fan made audio on cassette, which I cherished. Back then, listening to it on a walkman with headphones , it was like going back and revliving it again.

And just an FYI, even now, hearing the concert screams gives me goosebumps, it transports me back to being there, to the most happiest times of my life. There is an official term for it, its called music-evoked autobiographical memory.
šŸ˜€ new term for me *memorizes it*

And, yes, we had so little "audio material" back then that the material we had, is deeply ingrained in our minds. I have quite a few of those. Best example:
In the mid 90s I bought a CD at a local department store with either MichaelĀ“s Opening night or 2nd night in Yokohama 1987 (need to check the sleeve). Turned out later this was not an official release (I couldnĀ“t check back then, of course) So before EVER seeing this concert on the www, or seeing ANY concert by Michael, I had listened to the audio a gazillion times ... To this day, I still know great parts of it, down to his hees and hoos in the Shake your Body performance :LOL:
But I guess if you have never experienced it with Michael, you dont understand how it makes you feel.
ā¤ļø

šŸ˜€ new term for me *memorizes it*

And, yes, we had so little "audio material" back then that the material we had, is deeply ingrained in our minds. I have quite a few of those. Best example:
In the mid 90s I bought a CD at a local department store with either MichaelĀ“s Opening night or 2nd night in Yokohama 1987 (need to check the sleeve). Turned out later this was not an official release (I couldnĀ“t check back then, of course) So before EVER seeing this concert on the www, or seeing ANY concert by Michael, I had listened to the audio a gazillion times ... To this day, I still know great parts of it, down to his hees and hoos in the Shake your Body performance :LOL:
Slightly off-topic (bc BWT 1987 is my jam, not HWT) but I can SO relate to this except for me it's all about radio, lol. Listening to radio online is fabulous but listening on an actual radio is even better for me. If I hear a J5 song coming out of the radio I'm back in the kitchen, dancing around like a mad person! :ROFLMAO: Good times!

I'm convinced that my fave songs are burned into the very fibres of my being. This is why I can't cope with album versions of certain songs, it has to be the single version bc that's what I was hearing on the radio. If I hear the 'wrong' version my body goes into revolt bc it knows every micro second of 'my' version of the song, lol.

Slightly off-topic (bc BWT 1987 is my jam, not HWT) but I can SO relate to this except for me it's all about radio, lol. Listening to radio online is fabulous but listening on an actual radio is even better for me. If I hear a J5 song coming out of the radio I'm back in the kitchen, dancing around like a mad person! :ROFLMAO: Good times!
:love: younger people have no idea how important radio was to us.

radio ga ga queen GIF

It seems so long ago, ... honestly, I still listen to the radio a lot, and I LOVE podcasts. I rarely watch tv, but listen to podcasts a LOT.

Michael Jackson Signed (Three Times) AM/FM Radio in Original Box | Lot  #46355 | Heritage Auctions

:love:

I'm convinced that my fave songs are burned into the very fibres of my being. This is why I can't cope with album versions of certain songs, it has to be the single version bc that's what I was hearing on the radio. If I hear the 'wrong' version my body goes into revolt bc it knows every micro second of 'my' version of the song, lol.
... they are šŸ¤©

If I had to choose between the 3 HIStory tour concerts I was at, the best one was the august 29th one in Copehagen. So speical ā¤ļø

mj_frenzy has no idea what he's talking about

Back