The Bad Appreciation Thread

what bad meant to me was that it was better then thriller and also groundbreaking bad became my first favorite mj album the short flims were amazing i just wished that michael would talk about bad more often instead of his thriller days i think to me that the bad era was so much better then the thriller era and my favorite songs from the bad album are every single one of them but for some reason i can't listen to man in the mirror anymore i'll start crying :( and i love all his short flims in bad

Bad truly is a masterpiece of an album. IMO, superior to Off The Wall and Thriller, Michael takes the reigns and delivers a brilliant album that feels very much Michael. Writing 9 out of the 11 songs on the LP, to me, their is simply no "filler" on this album. Even while songs such as Speed Demon and Just Good Friends seem to not be so popular amongst the fans, I feel their underrated gems. Bad is my third favorite Michael Jackson album, behind Dangerous and HIStory respectively. One of the greatest albums of all time, that deserves to be appreciated with an album rerelease, and even more importantly, a much needed Bad Tour Release, specifically the second leg!
i totally agree with you, bad is masterpiece
to me the best album of all time are
1.history
2.dangerous
3.bad
4.thriller
5.off the wall
sadly i wasn't even born when bad was released (i was 3 when blood on the dance was released). so i couldn't experience the bad era. but ever since i heard bad. i loved it from start till the end. bad was my fav album for a looong time, my fav songs are bad, TWYMMF, dirty diana, smooth criminal,man in the mirror,and have to mention i just can't stop loving you, and leave me alone
fav vid, the way you make me feel (long version) , bad and smooth criminal (one of the best vid of all time)
i've listened to many artists and nobody has captured my attention like mj has

For me "BAD" is the best in sound and rhythm in dance performance, I became a fan of MJ with the album "Bad" listening (Smooth Criminal, Bad Man In The Mirror "sounds and rhythm are the best for me and on tour all the different musics they interpreted with greater speed and electrifying pace.
Well definitibamente "Bad is the best!.

Michael Jackson forever in our hearts.
:woohoo:

I always wanted Michael to write and compose a whole album all to himself and Bad is the closest we're ever gonna get to that and that's one of the reasons why i love the album so much

The BAD album is amazing :D When u look at BAD then look at todays albums they dont come close in anyway.Everything Michael wanted was captured in that album.25 years on and its still superior to pretty much every album released today,why alot of artists feel the reason to hate in songs and swear and talk about sex in almost every line is beyond me.BAD is so much BADDER than them all lol yet there is no swearing or hate or anything like that Michael gets to the point in his songs.BAD ftw :D

BAD was exactly the 'pinnacle' in my 'Fandom'... It was a time that I thought would LAST forever... In July, there was a 'star contest' and my BEST friend and I 'enrolled' as Michael Jackson and Dirty Diana... That was so much fun... I was all dressed up like Michael... My mum made me costume and I had my hair curled and cut like Michael
bigsmile.gif
and my friend was dressed in a way too short skirt and a red wig... We did win 4th place...

Aww that is adorable

For me, I believe Bad was the first ever Michael Jackson album I've ever heard when I was a little tyke. My Mother used to play it and I would hear Smooth Criminal, Speed Demon, Just Best Friends, and of course...Bad! I would enjoy seeing Moonwalker and the Bad music video on Vh1 during their Michael Jackson Marathons. I really like the way they produced this album, as well as hearing the nice synth sounds.

The song Bad gets a listen from me quite a bit. The way it sounds just pulls me in. It's something about the way the song is arranged that gets to me. All of the songs on this album reminds me of an era that once was (and I wasn't even around for much of it! lol).

Michael Jackson is BAD and we know it! :)

I've loved Bad since I was a kid. It was the first Michael album that caught my attention, and it literally did. I was too young around the time Thriller was released.

My uncle had a Bad cassette, and when I was a around 4-5 years old I was obssessed with that- with the music, and with the way Michael looked on the cover. For a 5 year old, I had pretty good taste in men :p He finally gave the tape to me, and I've been a fan since. I took that everywhere all through into teenhood, and had certain songs on replay. As cliche as this sounds, Bad was the soundtrack to my early life. I have so many happy memories associated with it.

Even today, in my late twenties the music is still fresh and enjoyable as ever. It beats the junk they call good music today.

For me, Bad is less of a compendium of hits and more of a singular sound than most of Michael's other adult works excluding maybe Off The Wall.

It's an exercise in dance music and attitude. Something about Michael stretching his own vision out is apparent on this album.

It's not my favourite album, even if it contains my favourite song, but it's no doubt a jewel in the crown.

It was also the first album I ever owned.

Bad is my favorite Michael Jackson album (Though I am kinda torn between this and Dangerous). I used to remember when I was a kid that when I walk on the streets feeling like a tough guy it was always Bad that was playing in my head. It was like my tough guy soundtrack. hehehe...

I just like everything about Bad. The whole album is really really bad (good bad. hahaha...) that I can play the album over and over. My favorite song is also from this album. Dirty Diana. I love 'em bad groupies and evil women MJ songs.

I love BAD! i remember VH1 would show every year his movie Moonwalker! it was so cool and i thought it was the best! i enjoyed watching and listening to the music! i wish they would continue to do that.. :(

Bad is my favorite Michael Jackson album (Though I am kinda torn between this and Dangerous). I used to remember when I was a kid that when I walk on the streets feeling like a tough guy it was always Bad that was playing in my head. It was like my tough guy soundtrack. hehehe...

I just like everything about Bad. The whole album is really really bad (good bad. hahaha...) that I can play the album over and over. My favorite song is also from this album. Dirty Diana. I love 'em bad groupies and evil women MJ songs.

loooooooooool That's awesome! hahaha

My fave song is Dirty Diana, too ;)

Bad's a great album. Not his best, but it's still a gem. DD,SC,Bad,TWYMMF... Absolute classics.

I think artistically, it his his best album, and I think it's down to the fact that he wrote most of the songs himself. Likewise for history, Michaels vision for how a song should go was always better when it came to his own songs. Michael was amazing when it came to the production of his own work.

The songs flow perfectly from one to the other.
Every song is flawless...

There actually isn't enough I could say about this album. I can't WAIT to hear some of the demos and out takes on Bad 25 so we can see what else was going through his mind during the recording of the album.

I have a question if anyone could answer. What was the purpose of Michael making a video to Come Together and putting it on Moonwalker if Come Together isn't on the BAD Album. And why was the video to Liberian Girl released with the HIStory Book 2 DVD? My guess is BAD was already released Michael recorded CT and Moonwalker was released before Michael did the video to LG. Someone please help me out here.

I became fan with Bad. Its the perfect pop album with the most classics, then any other of his albums. Best videos of his and a Michael Jackson who, no matter if male or female, everyone loved him and found him cooooool.

Last edited:
Bad has become my favorite MJ album. Every song on it is a classic. Bad, Smooth Criminal, I just can't stop loving you. Even the lesser known ones like another part of me and speed demon are awsome! MJ at he's best!

Bad has become my favorite MJ album. Every song on it is a classic. Bad, Smooth Criminal, I just can't stop loving you. Even the lesser known ones like another part of me and speed demon are awsome! MJ at he's best!

Speed Demon is one of my all time fave MJ songs...That song oozes coolness, IMO :cool:

I have a question if anyone could answer. What was the purpose of Michael making a video to Come Together and putting it on Moonwalker if Come Together isn't on the BAD Album. And why was the video to Liberian Girl released with the HIStory Book 2 DVD? My guess is BAD was already released Michael recorded CT and Moonwalker was released before Michael did the video to LG. Someone please help me out here.

Well, as you might know, it's a Beatles song. He probably just really liked it and since he had the rights to their catalogue he decided to cover it. He also probably felt like it would fit in Moonwalker and decided to also record a video for it. This is pure speculation on my part though.

Don't forget, Come Together was recorded during the Bad era and the video was filmed during the Bad era as well, it was a B-side (in it's full form) on the Remember The Time CD single (during the Dangerous era), and was also featured in a slightly edited form on HIStory along with the new songs.

Michael probably liked the song a lot, lol.

I wonder if he recorded any other Beatles tracks as well. Rumour has it he also did Strawberry Fields Forever but never released it. I would personally love to hear it if he indeed recorded it. :D

Tell us guys what BAD means/meant to you your favourite singles and videos did you go to the tour if so what was your favourite part.

Lets appreciate BAD here.

I love the bad era i love every song on the album i was a teen when bad came out so i had amazing fun in discos trying to do that famous dance routine :dancin:, with my friends LoL fantastic amazing era I loved it and still do :clapping:

I can't believe Bad was 25 years ago. I still remember buying it. It was the first album in CD format I'd purchased.

Teh best thing about Bad is that it has MJ's stamp all over it. Unliek later where there were teams of writers, I love looking at the credits and seeing written by M. Jackson on most of the songs. It was his vision; his coming of age.

Last edited:
I was never a massive fan of the album. I loved it, but not as much as Dangerous or HIStory. But ever since Bad 25 was announced, I can't stop listening to it. It really is one of his best albums, although it is a little weak in the areas of track 3,4 and 5. I love those songs, but they're certainly not ones I'd pick above others.

Here's my BAD confession lol.....1st off I don't really know the BAd album like OMG! (im a fan after he died, sadly :( but I already knew some of his other famous ones) so the Bad album is new to me, the 1st song I actually new is "IJCSLY" I heard it from a friend w/c is her fave and sang it on videoke. And its very romantic...lovely song. To tell you the truth, I just becoming a fan before he died, sometimes early in 2009, I stumbled across the "TWYMMF" song when I downloaded certain songs, kinda curios to it and love it. To my surprise it was the duet w/ britney spears in the 30th Anniversary concert special. I was really mesmerized by him...I search on youtube and watched the entire concert, just WOW the man is really the G.O.A.T.......also there's a MJ themed American idol that time so kinda familiar with him. Then when June comes and the shocked that he passed away, I was just so glued to him and got hooked to read the news and updates everyday. And when I discovered, read and dig deeper to his life. I was moved, touch, the man is so magical and very good and humble person. I listed to all his song, and when finally I discovered the entire BAD album....I felt in luv to it especially the Dirty Diana song...like whoa why didn't I know this until now....then MITM which is one of my all time fave song, so inspring really just give me chills. My fave mv is smooth criminal...the way he move so energitic and magical.

So that's it my story 'bout BAd....hee hee, Shamone!!!

Sheryl Crow and Michael Jackson Bad tour reharsals

Michael Jackson at the Pepsi-Cola Press Conference 1988 - March 1st. March 2 was the Grammy's, where Michael sang "Man In The Mirror." Then on March 3, 5 and 6, Michael did a private Concert to raise money for the United Negro College Fund at the Madison Square Garden in New York City!

Back