The BAD 25 Remix discussion thread "Speed Demon” by Nero and “Bad” DJ Afrojack.

qbee

Proud Member
This thread is to Discuss "Speed Demon” remixed by Nero and remix of “Bad” collaboration between Pitbull and Dutch DJ Afrojack.

Michael Jackson - Bad (Remix By Afrojack Featuring Pitbull)
[video=youtube_share;CcBOlxp8Ug4]http://youtu.be/CcBOlxp8Ug4[/video]
http://youtu.be/CcBOlxp8Ug4

Michael Jackson - Bad (Club mix By Afrojack) [video=youtube_share;FwX5563qqZ0]http://youtu.be/FwX5563qqZ0[/video]
http://youtu.be/FwX5563qqZ0

Speed Demon
(Nero Remix For Bad 25)
[video=youtube_share;2u1qPIhc7Cc]http://youtu.be/2u1qPIhc7Cc[/video]
http://youtu.be/2u1qPIhc7Cc

I'm listening too it right now, I kind of like it... I always find remixes with Michael in very disjointed and awkwardly composed because his music is just so untouchable and beyond any other artist. I usually only enjoy MJ Remixes where they add to the instruments or the voice, rather than extract his voice from one song to a inappropriate band like nero. but ok remix! could be worse.

Nero's mix on Speed Demon is fantastic, it just keeps getting better and better for me. In all honesty, I enjoy it more than the original song..:ph34r: There, I said it. Even Michael's vocals sound better in the remix, somehow they stand out more. Hothothot.

Nero's mix on Speed Demon is fantastic, it just keeps getting better and better for me. In all honesty, I enjoy it more than the original song..:ph34r: There, I said it. Even Michael's vocals sound better in the remix, somehow they stand out more. Hothothot.

same opinion
anyway nero could have used more vocals and add a 2nd verse though..

This Speed demom remix is one of the best remixes I've heard of a Michael Jackson song. But it's a pity that he did not use the bridge.

I was never much of a fan or familiar with the song speed demon but after listening to this remix, I really enjoy the song now and the idea of it. The Remix is amazing and one of the best michael jackson remix i've heard in a long time.

I was never much of a fan or familiar with the song speed demon but after listening to this remix, I really enjoy the song now and the idea of it. The Remix is amazing and one of the best michael jackson remix i've heard in a long time.

Speed Demon remix by Nero is actually very very nice, i'm surprised. Not too fond of the one with Pitbull though. Nero should have mixed more songs...Afrojack is bullshit IMO.

After listening the whole CD2 I can say this:

1. Speed Demon (REMIX BY NERO)
2. Bad (REMIX BY AFROJACK FEATURING PITBULL - DJ BUDDHA EDIT)
3. Bad (REMIX BY AFROJACK - CLUB MIX)

Although I think that Pittbull should not be on this CD, I still prefer DJ BUDDHA EDIT over CLUB MIX. Club mix is too long and boring at some parts. DJ BUDDHA EDIT is better in my opinion, it's shorter, more dynamic and Pittbull rap is fun. Speed Demon (REMIX BY NERO) is by far the best remix on this collection.

Afrojack remixes waste of money waste of space.
Love Nero's remix.

Afrojack should have used extended mix of Bad (from The Bad Mixes). I think about ad libs in the end of this mix.

i am a fan of afrojack. and i'll say, yeah, the remix wasnt his best work. But he really shouldnt have been involved in the project, his usual dutch house style was omitted. I guess he decided to go for a tamer release... Which he didnt quite nail.

but its a decent song if you are a fan of dance music :)

Afrojack sucks... seriously... what a crappy "remix"

Nero on the other hand they did an amazing piece of work!
Love it!

Yup, Nero's remix is amazing. Afrojack's... Not so much. Then again, there's only a handful of MJ remixes that I really enjoy -- 2 Bad (Refugee Camp Mix) and HIStory (Tony Moran's HIStory Lesson) being the ones I can name from the top of my head. And now Speed Demon (Nero Remix) has been added to that (very short) list :)

After listening my album 3 days, I must confess a like all of 3 remixes. SD is outstanding but 2 other they are good too, once you get into them:D
I

I wonder what happen to other lads Diplo, Skrillex and A-Trak who were supposed to do remix for BAD 25?

They could have done:
1 album original songs, 2nd album full of remixes, 3rd album unreleased demo songs, 4th album Wembley songs:D

I love the Nero mix. I would love for it to have had a big drop and go into the bridge. The afrojack edited version is growing on me. A mix cd and an unreleased demo cd would have been awesome, but what we have is amazing.

I wonder what happen to other lads Diplo, Skrillex and A-Trak who were supposed to do remix for BAD 25?

They could have done:
1 album original songs, 2nd album full of remixes, 3rd album unreleased demo songs, 4th album Wembley songs:D

No, they are a DJ/Producer. The can't handle original mixing from MJ and Quincy Jones.

That is too complicated for them.

Nero remix is great pitbul is dire sounds like something made in a kids bedroom

Yuck, I'm not a fan of anything by Pittbull and as for the comment that the remixes are "better than the original", that is blasphemy imho. How could a fan of Michael's say his original interpretations of HIS songs are "less than" some dj remix? Wow... *smh*

After listening my album 3 days, I must confess a like all of 3 remixes. SD is outstanding but 2 other they are good too, once you get into them:D

I

I LOVE the Speed Demon remix, and you have to understand I am not a remix lover at all lol. , so it must be really good!
I didn't mind the Pitbull rap, but I couldn't tell you one rapper from the next, I just like the little references about MJ- so cute.

The club mix with just BAD, I wasn't sure at first, but the more I listened to it the more I love it. He did a nice job with the beasts and layering the Michael's vocals- it is really , really good.

These mixes imo are better than any in the HIStory BOTDF mix album.

The Speed Demon mix is phenomenal! The only complaint I have is that it's too short, it really could have used more of Michael's vocals and adlibs....

Good remixes are hard to come by when it comes to MJ's music....So, thumbs up to Nero! He really got the 'drive feel' of the song....

I like the Afrojack mix without Pitbull....I imagine that mix using the ad libs from the extended dance mix with false fade and it REALLY could have been something :)

Glad to see there are other who likes these remixes:ciao:
Afrojack remix is very loyal to original song and hasn't changed that much, the other BAD with Pitbull is just bonkers (thats why I like it) and Speed Demon is outstanding. When I listen Speed Demon, for some reason I start thinking of Tron Legacy, the part in the movie where baddies are chasing Jeff Bridges on motorcycle. Daft Punk provided music to Tron Legacy, but SD would have been better:)

Tricia, I didn't mind Pitbull's rap either:), I don't know what he was saying but I got a few words out of his rap like forever king and moontalk:)

For person who doesn't do clubbing, I imagine these songs should do well in dance clubs.

About every Nero production kicks ass. So they couldn't do much wrong about that remix. Great work!

I like the middle part of the Afro remix, which is actually something original.
But this remix sucks badly in the parts with too much elements of the original song.
Half baked weakness. And as for pitbull... what a disgrace. But i think
he was added on command of Sony, so Afro is not to blame for that.

No, they are a DJ/Producer. The can't handle original mixing from MJ and Quincy Jones.

That is too complicated for them.

Are you sure you know what you are talking about? :D

Bruce Swedien did the mixing on the BAD songs.
The remixers are provided with single tracks of the original song (vocal track, single instrument tracks) for their re-production.
Skrillex is a dubstep superstar with more remix request than he can handle... so if hes not an MJ enthusiast, he probably delivered something worse half baken than Afrojack, so it just wasn't released.

Back