The awards MJ never won

Do you think that Michael got cheated at the Grammys?

• Total voters
Well Uri said MJ wanted the "Knighthood" so badly from the english queen as the likes of Paul McCartney and Elton J had recieved from her.

But seriously, why would MJ want to be a knight, when he was already KING?

Awards shows for me have always been a bit of a joke. I remember reading about when the Grammy's introduced in the "Heavy Metal" category in the 80's. The category was expected to be won by Metallica. It was won by a group named Jethro Tull. The only thing metal about this group was the lead singer's flute.

Last edited:
Well Uri said MJ wanted the "Knighthood" so badly from the english queen as the likes of Paul McCartney and Elton J had recieved from her.

But seriously, why would MJ want to be a knight, when he was already KING?

But don't you have to be British to become a knight?

Also, only old people seem to become knights.....even though some of them haven't done anything significant in the past 20 years.

I do believe there should be an award for the most talented musician of all time- to date, and obviously Michael Jackson should win it.

But don't you have to be British to become a knight?

Also, only old people seem to become knights.....even though some of them haven't done anything significant in the past 20 years.

That does not take away what they had done, however. We can say the same thing about Michael, that he didn't do anything significant for the last 8, and depending who you ask, 15 years. So that is not a good argument.

Also, the 88 Grammys were questionable at best. Especially when Don't Worry, Be Happy beat Man in the Mirror, my all time favorite song, and a Prince song, can't remember the name right now, for best song of the year.

It was the being slap in the head ever, considering the song that won.

That does not take away what they had done, however. We can say the same thing about Michael, that he didn't do anything significant for the last 8, and depending who you ask, 15 years. So that is not a good argument.

Also, the 88 Grammys were questionable at best. Especially when Don't Worry, Be Happy beat Man in the Mirror, my all time favorite song, and a Prince song, can't remember the name right now, for best song of the year.

It was the being slap in the head ever, considering the song that won.

What about some of the fastest selling concerts in HIStory which then turned into a film that grossed over $200,000,000 worldwide!

But I was actually saying that some of these knights have done almost nothing in the past 20 years.......

....In the past 20 years, Michael has done at least 2 world tours, sold 30million copies of Dangerous, got the best selling double disc album in the world and the best selling remix album in the world, the most expensive music video in the world, the longest music video in the world and loads of number one singles and loads of awards to go with it!!!!

What about some of the fastest selling concerts in HIStory which then turned into a film that grossed over $200,000,000 worldwide!

But I was actually saying that some of these knights have done almost nothing in the past 20 years.......

....In the past 20 years, Michael has done at least 2 world tours, sold 30million copies of Dangerous, got the best selling double disc album in the world and the best selling remix album in the world, the most expensive music video in the world, the longest music video in the world and loads of number one singles and loads of awards to go with it!!!!

I only meant that even if they never done anything again, that still does not take away from what they had done. Like if Michael never did another album after Thriller, would his impact to the culture be dismiss? No, because it is Thiller.

But I see where you are coming from and agree.

Back