The awards MJ never won

Do you think that Michael got cheated at the Grammys?

• Total voters

Krshna28

Proud Member
Sure Michael has won more awards then anyone else on the planet. Sure Thriller won a record 8 Grammys.

But Billie Jean AND Beat It were nominated for best song and neither won. Instead Sting won it with "Every Breath You Take" which is good but you don't hear it as often as Billie Jean or Beat it on the radio (even before Michael sadly passed away)

And even worse, The Bad, Dangerous and HIStory albums were virtually ignored at the Grammy awards.

Bad
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammy_Awards_of_1988

Dangerous
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammy_Awards_of_1993

HIStory
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammy_Awards_of_1996

What do you think about all this?

Last edited:
Re: Michael Cheated at Awards Ceremonies

HAHAHA i think you might want to re-word your topic title lol.

i read it and was like? How the hell did he cheat?! did he pay off the judges?! haha

HAHAHA i think you might want to re-word your topic title lol.

i read it and was like? How the hell did he cheat?! did he pay off the judges?! haha

Oh yeah......my bad!

I agree with re wording. I think you have a point there though.

Re: Michael got cheated at Awards Ceremonies

it is surprising! as I think the albums he released after thriller (especially bad) were better.

as I think the albums he released after thriller (especially bad) were better.

I think HIStory [i.e. the second disc] is some of his best, deepest, work. Scream, They Don't Care About Us, Stranger In Moscow, Earth Song, etc. But, yeah, the industry [and sometimes the general public] acts like everything after Thriller was inferior.

I think HIStory [i.e. the second disc] is some of his best, deepest, work. Scream, They Don't Care About Us, Stranger In Moscow, Earth Song, etc. But, yeah, the industry [and sometimes the general public] acts like everything after Thriller was inferior.

it was definitely a new, raw, angry and not to mention very real side of Michael, I love that album!

Thriller was a good album, but I think the awards it recieved were based more on the hype and popularity building around Michael than anyting else.
After thriller it seemed like people started thinking "well, he has plenty of awards now! he doesn't really need more" despite of how good the albums were.

Guys, the Grammy awards aren't credible. They're a joke.
Weren't the Jonas Brothers nominated?
There are many deserving artists who have never won any! Neil Young, Diana Ross, Queen, Bob Marley (apart from being inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2007).
Kanye West has won 12. (Michael only has one more than him with 13.)
Britney Spears has one.
Christina Aguilera has 4.
I mean wtf? Neil Young? Diana Ross? Queen? Bob Marley? But Britney Spears has one?
And Off The Wall only got one?
Something doesn't add up.
I don't give any respect to the Grammy awards.

Ummm, does it really matter at this point? He's the most awarded artist of all time.

YES!!!!!His albums since Thriller are a lot better... especially Dangerous...!

Ummm, does it really matter at this point? He's the most awarded artist of all time.

Exactly...His music is an art, and "awards" don't do it justice....

I love Every Breath you take it's a great song but BJ and Beat It made history

Well I think he really just got cheated by Man in the Mirror not winning. He was pretty upset by that. It definitely deserved the award.

Award ceremonies are a joke now. Every Breath You Take is a well known song but is it anywhere near as well know and culturally as significant as Billie Jean or Beat It? I don't think so.

The whole 1988 Grammy show was a joke not one award....but, they soon regretted it when MJ took the stage....he showed them!

Award ceremonies are a joke now. Every Breath You Take is a well known song but is it anywhere near as well know and culturally as significant as Billie Jean or Beat It? I don't think so.
Now? How does that relate to this song? The last time I checked, "Every Breath You Take" came out 26 years ago, lol. I know because I have the Syncronicity album.

Yes they sure did. Like the NobelPeaceP, they just pick anyone to not have to honour Michael

Don't even matter. I don't follow ANY award ceremonies today as I personally feel they all lost credibility years ago along with many others who felt the same. If you pay close attention, you realize how nonsense they all became, possibly over money related deals and what not. They're completely bias today.

Side's..... Michael has a HUGE list of awards he has won since he was a KID. lol. Show me another musician who has that streak.
Michael is the king. I almost feel bad for the rest to be honest with you. :p

Youve got a point! I think that Bad, Dangerous and HIStory should have done better!

Sure Michael has won more awards then anyone else on the planet. Sure Thriller won a record 8 Grammys. ...

No :cheeky: Thriller won 7 awards Grammys in 1984 ... one is for "ET Story Book" :yes:

when I first saw the title I was like - "Oh you mean those actually exist?" :D

yeah it's b.s. he didn't get Grammy for each of his album to be honest.

Exactly...His music is an art, and "awards" don't do it justice....

Is entire body of work doesn't need a stamp of approval from an awards show. Just look at OTW and Bad. Practically ignored by the Grammys, but are among 2 of the best albums of all time.

He should get an award for "The Greatest Entertainer That Ever Lived"!!

Back