The "Aggressive" Mj sound.

lloyd_oh_hell_no.jpg
Tales of symphonia? :eek:

The way Michael used his voice is very original. When he sounds aggressive in songs such as Scream, TDCAU, Tabloid Junkie, the listeners feel his anger and frustration. When he sounds tender in songs like HTW, YANA and Smile, the listerners fall in love with him. When he sounds passionate in songs like MITM, the listeners feel the need to stand up and make a change.

The ability to portray different emotions so effectively is what make Michael stands out as a vocalist. I cannot think of another vocalist who can shift from rock songs, to slow ballads, to funky pop, to inspiring gospels with such an ease.

Cheers, Love, you have brought out the essence of his emotions. Actually, it was his ability to portray emotions so precisely that made him stand out as a child. Go back and listen to Who's Loving You Now from his childhood days, and you will get goosebumps, especially at the end.

Cheers, Love, you have brought out the essence of his emotions. Actually, it was his ability to portray emotions so precisely that made him stand out as a child. Go back and listen to Who's Loving You Now from his childhood days, and you will get goosebumps, especially at the end.

Petrarose, you are right on. I've listened to Live at the Forum during my commute to work in one morning. I usually rush to the office (I'm not an early person.) But, when Who's Loving You was playing, time was frozen at that moment. I was so overwhelmed with emotions that I had to stop and stand in the middle of the street and be absorbed by the song. I got goosebumps all over and I didn't care about my surroundings or late for work.

How could a 10-year boy sing with such precision and tecnique? Listen to that vibrato in I Want You Back. Michael Jackson was a prodigy that came to this world once in history.

I highly encourage fans to buy Live at the Forum. The album may be a bit pricey, but is truly a hidden gem. Just listen to the joy exhibited by little Michael is priceless.

Petrarose, you are right on. I've listened to Live at the Forum during my commute to work in one morning. I usually rush to the office (I'm not an early person.) But, when Who's Loving You was playing, time was frozen at that moment. I was so overwhelmed with emotions that I had to stop and stand in the middle of the street and be absorbed by the song. I got goosebumps all over and I didn't care about my surroundings or late for work.

How could a 10-year boy sing with such precision and tecnique? Listen to that vibrato in I Want You Back. Michael Jackson was a prodigy that came to this world once in history.

I highly encourage fans to buy Live at the Forum. The album may be a bit pricey, but is truly a hidden gem. Just listen to the joy exhibited by little Michael is priceless.

I first heard Mike's rendition of 'Ain't No Sunshine' from Live at the Forum on mjtunes....My breath was literally taken away...I was tearing up, with goosebumps...I was really moved by it....Even at that age, he had that growl that could grip you and hold you...He can stun the listener....So, of course, I had the album in my hands not like after...That entire album is one of my most prized possessions..

I first heard Mike's rendition of 'Ain't No Sunshine' from Live at the Forum on mjtunes....My breath was literally taken away...I was tearing up, with goosebumps...I was really moved by it....Even at that age, he had that growl that could grip you and hold you...He can stun the listener....So, of course, I had the album in my hands not like after...That entire album is one of my most prized possessions..

:punk::punk::punk:

You guys are right. I have been revisiting the early Mike and falling in love all over again.

You guys are right. I have been revisiting the early Mike and falling in love all over again.

Aww.... I'm so happy to hear this for I'm in love with the Jackson Five era.

I buy the Ultimate Christmas Collection together with MICHAEL... Can't wait to hear the angelic Michael singing Chrismas carrols... :wub:

Monster is a great track, even if it wasn't sung by Michael Jackson. I like the message of the song. Truth be told, even if all the Cascio tracks were fakes, they would still be great songs. I have no idea why so many poo on them other than questioning the vocals. Like I've said before, I've let that mess go because at this point we really have no choice but accept them as Michael Jackson until solid proof comes out that it isn't. Logic trumps hysteria.

Logic??? What is that???

I love Monster, and I think that and HT will be huge hits! They should release them both as singles!

love is magical - ^-^I love the Jackson Five Christmas songs, especially "Give Love On Christmas Day"! It's so very beautiful. And "Little Christmas Tree". :D

Last edited:
I was thinking about this, over the years, real fans of Mj's music are familiar with the aggressive sounding songs. There are too many to name. But none of them over the years have been released as a single. The last one I can think of was "scream".
I feel when people hear songs like "monster" they will love it, because unlike us, most of them havnt heard him going that direction before. thoughts?

you are totally right, i like this songs and a new generation will appreciate this kind of materials!

Funny, coz i can hear plenty of growl in there. Let's assume there isn't any though(for argument's sake), isn't there a chance that the
1) vocals might be early demos where he didn't go all out and/or
2) He intentionally wanted it like this.

There's a saying which goes "You only see what you're looking for". People looking for genuine vocals will find them whereas others will have issues with growls etc.

For me it never was about the growls though. As soon as the first verse started i was like....seriously? Who are theyt trying to fool here now? Jeez...that was and still is my issue, clearly someone else on it.

For me it never was about the growls though. As soon as the first verse started i was like....seriously? Who are theyt trying to fool here now? Jeez...that was and still is my issue, clearly someone else on it.

For me it was never about the growls either. As soon as the first verse started I was like... "Woah, listen to these effects! Michael sounds amazing!" That was my first thought, and it still is what I feel. Clearly Michael on it.

Blue Gangsta for me is the best example of aggressive MJ. It is now anyway. You cant get much more aggresive than that.

Back