The "Aggressive" Mj sound.

1offthewall1

Proud Member
I was thinking about this, over the years, real fans of Mj's music are familiar with the aggressive sounding songs. There are too many to name. But none of them over the years have been released as a single. The last one I can think of was "scream".
I feel when people hear songs like "monster" they will love it, because unlike us, most of them havnt heard him going that direction before. thoughts?

lloyd_oh_hell_no.jpg

I've heard monster and i don't love it. It sounds odd. Like when he yells "Won't you like it?!" The real Michael's voice would have had a kind of growl in his throat when singing that. There was a sort of roughness in Michael's voice that was lacking in Michael's agression during monster.

But you're right about the agressive songs. His agressive, angry tone in Blue Gangsta is amazing!! And sexy...:)

Last edited:
Wow, the "fake" talk manages to spread to every single topic. It's like a virus. Is there a vaccine available yet?

I like Monster and I think it would do well if it was released as a single.

Wow, the "fake" talk manages to spread to every single topic. It's like a virus. Is there a vaccine available yet?

Monster is a great track, even if it wasn't sung by Michael Jackson. I like the message of the song. Truth be told, even if all the Cascio tracks were fakes, they would still be great songs. I have no idea why so many poo on them other than questioning the vocals. Like I've said before, I've let that mess go because at this point we really have no choice but accept them as Michael Jackson until solid proof comes out that it isn't. Logic trumps hysteria.

Monster is a great track, even if it wasn't sung by Michael Jackson. I like the message of the song. Truth be told, even if all the Cascio tracks were fakes, they would still be great songs. I have no idea why so many poo on them other than questioning the vocals. Like I've said before, I've let that mess go because at this point we really have no choice but accept them as Michael Jackson until solid proof comes out that it isn't. Logic trumps hysteria.

GREAT post. although i think "monster" is all Mj.

One dose of love coming right up..:lol:

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Man, MJ fans are just epic :clapping::clapping:

sigh...

both smoothcriminal12 and kasume just expressed their opinons - that they don't like the song.

kasume gave reason why he/she doesn't feel michael in the song. i agree with him/her that the "roughness" and "aggressiveness" that are so apparent in michael's voice in this kind of song is lacking.

i don't understand why it irritates people so much when some do not express a glowing review.

can we all let people have a voice here? the fact is that these three songs do sound different enough for people to have doubt. i don't know the exact reason why they sound different.

i'm a fan of michael. i'm not a cheerleader. if i don't like the song, i won't force myself to like it. i also won't force other to like it.

Last edited:
sigh...

both smoothcriminal12 and kasume just expressed their opinons - that they don't like the song.

kasume gave reason why he/she doesn't feel michael in the song. i agree with him/her that the "roughness" and "agresssivness" that are so apparent in michael's voice in this kind of song is lacking.

i don't understand why it irritates people so much when some do not express a glowing review.

can we all let people have a voice here? the fact is that these three songs do sound different enough for people to have doubt. i don't know the exact reason why they sound different.

i'm a fan of michael. i'm not a cheerleader. if i don't like the song, i won't force myself to like it. i also won't force other to like it.

I personally think they are a mix of real and fake vocals and I'm not trying to push my view on anyone. I just found those two posts to be funny.

Peace. :angel:

Problem is, this thread had absolutely nothing to do with the authenticity of vocals.

and did they scream and yell "no, it's not him!", "no, i don't like fake song"?

kasume tried to describe how michael's aggressive voice sounds like to him/her. if he/she doesn't feel that aggressiveness in monster, that's totally okay. he/she is on topic.

actually, this thread went off topic when some started to complain about the "fake talks", which wasn't here in the first place.

again, many people are trying to express their opinions in a civilized manner.

and did they scream and yell "no, it's not him!", "no, i don't like fake song"?

kasume tried to describe how michael's aggressive voice sounds like to him/her. if he/she doesn't feel that aggressiveness in monster, that's totally okay. he/she is on topic.

actually, this thread went off topic when some started to complain about the "fake talks", which wasn't here in the first place.

again, many people are trying to express their opinions in a civilized manner.
Yikes, chill. Don't give yourself a coronary!

Honestly, the first time I heard the album through, I felt that it was a bit underwhelming. But for the past few days I seriously can't stop listening to it. I'm really loving this album. And songs like Keep your Head Up are really starting to shine.

P.S. Not to mention (I Like) The Way You Love Me..I love that song!!! But to get back to the piont, aggressive MJ songs have always been awesome. I don't think any song fills me with so much energy like the ending of Earth Song. Powerful indeed!

You sensed a lot of panic in that post by Love is Magical? I must read things differently too.

Panic? What Panic? I went back and checked myself and still did not sense any. Maybe it was just wishful thinking?

Or you are right. You just read things differently like you said.

Hijack-Duke_Nukem_Mission.gif

Just relax, guys!!! :tease:

Yes, I LOVE MJ's aggresive sound. One of my favourites, in fact.

And yes!!!! Blue Gangsta is both aggressive and sooo sexy! :wub::wub:

But I guess TDCAU was aggressive too, or not aggressive enough? I think it is :) And I love it!!!

sigh...

kasume gave reason why he/she doesn't feel michael in the song. i agree with him/her that the "roughness" and "aggressiveness" that are so apparent in michael's voice in this kind of song is lacking.

This is a good post.

Problem is, this thread had absolutely nothing to do with the authenticity of vocals.

Orginal Poster:
I was thinking about this, over the years, real fans of Mj's music are familiar with the aggressive sounding songs. There are too many to name. But none of them over the years have been released as a single. The last one I can think of was "scream".
I feel when people hear songs like "monster" they will love it, because unlike us, most of them havnt heard him going that direction before. thoughts?

"Monster" brings those thoughts to people. It's human nature.

:wub:

Last edited:
Lol... this is funny. Sense of humor is needed sometimes.

Hope you get your album soon!

Indeed ;)

I hope my album arrives soon too.
It's been a looooooooooooonnnggg wait for me. But again: I love it the old fashion way! :wub:

I love Michael's agreesive sound, it always builds up this energy that unleashes upon the world, all of the anger and frustration just comes out, it's awesome...

I liked Michael's song: "We've Had Enough", that is probably one of my favourite songs from him.

Another good agressive song is "Another Day".

I've heard monster and i don't love it. It sounds odd. Like when he yells "Won't you like it?!" The real Michael's voice would have had a kind of growl in his throat when singing that. There was a sort of roughness in Michael's voice that was lacking in Michael's agression during monster.

But you're right about the agressive songs. His agressive, angry tone in Blue Gangsta is amazing!! And sexy...:)

But there's a logical reason for why the growl is lacking in that part :)

The way Michael used his voice is very original. When he sounds aggressive in songs such as Scream, TDCAU, Tabloid Junkie, the listeners feel his anger and frustration. When he sounds tender in songs like HTW, YANA and Smile, the listerners fall in love with him. When he sounds passionate in songs like MITM, the listeners feel the need to stand up and make a change.

The ability to portray different emotions so effectively is what make Michael stands out as a vocalist. I cannot think of another vocalist who can shift from rock songs, to slow ballads, to funky pop, to inspiring gospels with such an ease.

The way Michael used his voice is very original. When he sounds aggressive in songs such as Scream, TDCAU, Tabloid Junkie, the listeners feel his anger and frustration. When he sounds tender in songs like HTW, YANA and Smile, the listerners fall in love with him. When he sounds passionate in songs like MITM, the listeners feel the need to stand up and make a change.

The ability to portray different emotions so effectively is what make Michael stands out as a vocalist. I cannot think of another vocalist who can shift from rock songs, to slow ballads, to funky pop, to inspiring gospels with such an ease.

I just love the way you describe things....Great post! :clapping:

But there's a logical reason for why the growl is lacking in that part :)

Funny, coz i can hear plenty of growl in there. Let's assume there isn't any though(for argument's sake), isn't there a chance that the
1) vocals might be early demos where he didn't go all out and/or
2) He intentionally wanted it like this.

There's a saying which goes "You only see what you're looking for". People looking for genuine vocals will find them whereas others will have issues with growls etc.

Back