thanks you note from MJ when he stayed in sorrento in 2006

elusive moonwalker

Guests
having just returned from sorrento i wanted to check out where mjs hotel was. u know so you can feel mj interms of knowing he saw what you are seeing. i was just looking on the hotels website and they have the below. a handwritten thank you note from mj and a page dedicated to his stay

http://www.relaisvillasavarese.com/vip-guests

Aww, what a great find. Never saw that before! Thanx for posting!
Isn't he the sweetest and politest. I LOVE his thank you notes and other types of notes!

yeah i looked on the hotel website b4 i went there and didnt notice the link to the note.the link is on the main page of the hotels website which is nice. i remember articles from the time where members of the family who own the hotel were saying how wonderful mj and the kids were so its nice they have put this on their site. made me smile which is a rare thing now a days.and gives me abit of comfort that mj saw the same beautiful place i did and i walked on the road of his hotel just last week

Last edited:
aww, that is so sweet! great find, elusive. he clearly liked the food a lot, enough to mention it in the thank you note. :D
yeah, i remember reading the staff reports about how sweet and well-behaved the children were, how they were always making sure they are not a bother when ordering food late, that it was okay... Mike was a wonderful father, he taught them just right.

seems like you're doing what I used to do, elusive, back in Poland - I'd very often retrace MJ's steps, go to the hotel he stayed at, take the lift to the last floor, walk past the presidential suite... then visit the book stores he'd gone to, the toy stores,the music stores, all the time thinking - he was here, he walked here.:better: I'm in Oz now, but as soon as I go back to see my folks, I'll do it again.

yeah i looked on the hotel website b4 i went there and didnt notice the link to the note.the link is on the main page of the hotels website which is nice. i remember articles from the time where members of the family who own the hotel were saying how wonderful mj and the kids were so its nice they have put this on their site. made me smile which is a rare thing now a days.and gives me abit of comfort that mj sure the same beautiful place i did and i walked on the road of his hotel just last week

wow, thanks for posting.

i LOVED sorrento. very beautiful place. i didn't quite stay where mj stayed but the hotel i stayed at was right in the middle of the city and very affordable.

seems like you're doing what I used to do, elusive, back in Poland - I'd very often retrace MJ's steps, go to the hotel he stayed at, take the lift to the last floor, walk past the presidential suite... then visit the book stores he'd gone to, the toy stores,the music stores, all the time thinking - he was here, he walked here.:better: I'm in Oz now, but as soon as I go back to see my folks, I'll do it again.
yeah i always like to do that if i go somewhere mj did.check out hotels or shops. makes u feel close to him looking at things and knowing he saw the same things.

"Love and love love love"...Aaaaaawww. :wub: He REALLY liked it there! :wub: I bet he was able to just be himself while he was there and was able to move around without people knowing and just feel free and feel like a "normal" person. That's probably why he loved it. :scratch: So glad he enjoyed his stay!! :) I wonder what food he ate..:scratch: :lol: :lol:

aww, that is so sweet! great find, elusive. he clearly liked the food a lot, enough to mention it in the thank you note. :D
yeah, i remember reading the staff reports about how sweet and well-behaved the children were, how they were always making sure they are not a bother when ordering food late, that it was okay... Mike was a wonderful father, he taught them just right.

We all seem to be doing these things. I stayed at the Four Seasons -Las Vegas last October only because I knew Michael stayed there for many summers. It cost me an arm and a leg but I got such pleasure knowing he lived there for weeks each year. I think the last time he was in Las Vegas he stayed at the Palms so I intend to visit there too.

Elusive...Thank You so much for sharing that find ....just reading Michael's writing made me feel warm inside. Thank you also for sharing your experience..:hug:

Last edited:
love how he wrote 'Thanx' !

isn't it amazing how one man could make someone's day/month/year with just a little gesture? such beautiful energy. makes me smile thinking how those hotel people must have felt then :)

I love how he signed all his notes with "Michael Jackson and family" Such a proud father he was... I love it. It's so great that he had his family. It makes me so happy to think about it.... I am glad he had that in his life.

I can't make out all of the letter because of his handwriting.

Is it just me or does he sign it "Michael Jackson and Truly"??

Do you happen to know where these staff reports are :wub:

Awww I couldnt make out the last bit, thought it couldnt be 'love and love love love' :wub: but it does!

awwww he remained so thoughtful and so full of love right to the very end

great find elusive .can u tell more about his visit there.thank u.

I wonder what food he ate..:scratch: :lol: :lol:

Maybe I can help with that; this is an excerpt of an article from the newspaper "Il Mattino" that wrote about Michael' stay on Feb 9th 2006

Protected by six bodyguards the American pop star spent a quiet holiday in Sorrento, five days of healthy relaxation, a full-immersion in a peaceful exclusive relase Villa Savarese which he left only for a brief golden stake in the showroom Sorrento inlay, Cuomo's Lucky Store, strictly closed to the public....
Sorrento mayor did get a copy of the book "Return to Sorrento" with history and scores of famous song from the Curtis brothers.
"He said repeatedly he will come back soon," said a member of Cuomo's Lucky Store" He also mentioned the possibility of buying a villa in Sorrento. The tranquility of these places has fascinated him. "
.........." Hosting Michael Jackson in our relay - explains Paola Savarese - was a huge satisfaction, but the greatest pride was the fact that the villa had been booked for two days but after experiencing the comfort of the structure and efficiency of the service, Michael Jackson himself extended his stay for three more days "
.... The artist expressed particular curiosity in the preparation of pizza. Fresh fish, chicken and vegetables, apple juice at breakfast was the food requested by the whole group ...
And this is the scan of the article of the newspaper
italia0608.gif

I'm so glad he enjoyed his stay :)

Last edited:
I love how he signed all his notes with "Michael Jackson and family" Such a proud father he was... I love it. It's so great that he had his family. It makes me so happy to think about it.... I am glad he had that in his life.

"Michael Jackson and Family"

Aaaaaawwww...a class act.

Maybe I can help with that; this is an excerpt of an article from the newspaper "Il Mattino" that wrote about Michael' stay on Feb 9th 2006

And this is the scan of the article of the newspaper
italia0608.gif

I'm so glad he enjoyed his stay :)

thank u so much dear.

He said repeatedly he will come back soon," said a member of Cuomo's Lucky Store"
i stayed just behind that store. walked past it a few times. lovely to think he went somewhere so near to where i stayed

"Fresh fish, chicken and vegetables, apple juice at breakfast"

Michael surely loves chicken a lot :))

when Mike said he was a gentleman, he wasn't kidding. not too many of rhose around, anymore. politeness to a T

wow! glad that he was able to find peace and comfort after 'the black chapter' in his life. michael the superstar and his politeness continue to amaze me!

thanks for sharing the info.

thanks to the hotel staffs too for not giving cool and harsh treatment to him after the acquittal.

Back