Swedish producer RedOne to release new MJ songs for charity.

tsw_gnaget

Proud Member
Sorry if thid has been posted guys..

But during an interview with the swedish newspaper "Aftonbladet" producer RedOne(who is behind some of Lady Gaga's mega-hits e.g Paparazzi, Just Dance, Bad Romance etc.) revealed that he wants to release the MJ songs he and Michael were working with before MJ passed away.

"I have the songs. But I don't want to release them and take the money for myself. Im waiting for an option so that they can help the poor"

Nadir "RedOne" Khayit also states that he has started talking with Michael Jacksons lawyers

"Yes, I have talked to his lawyers. We have only concluded thay I have the songs, and we will sit down and talk more later."

RedOne also believes that this is what Michael would have wished for:
"Michael was an amazing and wonderful human being. I believe this is what we would have wanted."

Source:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/article6387242.ab

I believe this is great news.. RedOne being one of the hottest producers right now, and him co-producing tracks with MJ.. It must work out til perfection !

Last edited:
I wonder what the songs are like... I wonder how much say the estate has over these songs and when they get a release, if any at all.

This is amazing if true. He's a hot producer, MJ worked with the best. If so then charity is the best way, its what MJ would have done.

I don't see these being released anytime soon. The estate will want to release these on an album with the rest of the "newer" unreleased recordings. That would make the most money. I also wonder how many songs and are they actually finished???

So we're probably looking at an album right now of music produced by Will.I.Am, RedOne, and Michael himself. Maybe there are a few other producers we don't know about yet.

On a side note, RedOne recently produced a song for Usher called "More". I actually think that it's really good.

It's a good news but how many years do we have to wait? I'm not getting excited about it until I hear something particular. And I believe the best is yet to come. :D

Woah...seems like Michael was working with a hell of a lot of people in the last few years. I hope it's true and we hear something soon.

I don't think RedOne has any say since the estate holds the rights to MJ's songs.

All of a sudden it seems like
-everyone has worked with MJ
-everyone has unreleased tracks in their own personal vaults
-everyone wants to get the songs released
-everyone is negotiating with the estate

but....
nothing's happening.
:sigh:

So, I'll try not to get too excited until there's something confirmed. I would of course love to see these songs get released, and I fully support the idea of donating the profits to charity! :) I'm just not getting my hopes up at this point.

Well, if they do come out, I'm glad RedOne wants the proceeds to charity. However, I think MJ's estate would want that money.

These songs may get released, but not for charity. If they are good, they will go on an album. The estate would lose entirely too much money because these would be the first brand new songs that the public has heard, sans TII.

At least he's doing it the right way and contacting the MJ estate first.

Weren't there rumors that Michael was working with Stargate as well? Not sure if anything was ever recorded though.

At least he's doing it the right way and contacting the MJ estate first.
He has to contact them, he cannot release anything and not get sued by the estate if he doesn't ask for their permission.

Last edited:
Woah...seems like Michael was working with a hell of a lot of people in the last few years. I hope it's true and we hear something soon.

If I remember correctly, we did hear from quite a few ppl who had claimed to be working with him (and some Raymone claimed he was already working with... Nef-U and others). Also, there's probably stuff from years ago (pre-trial) that he'd worked on which never saw the light of day. If he collaborated with anyone at any time, those ppl may have something in their vaults to offer up. So this could get interesting as time goes on.

These songs may get released, but not for charity. If they are good, they will go on an album. The estate would lose entirely too much money because these would be the first brand new songs that the public has heard, sans TII.

Maybe they can split the baby and allow a certain percentage of select singles to go towards charity. If it's strictly a WATW-type of song, then maybe those can be charity-based only?

Weren't there rumors that Michael was working with Stargate as well? Not sure if anything was ever recorded though.

Yes, there were Stargate rumors, too. I believe they did an interview 2008 or 2009 saying they got a call to work with him. Wondering the same about whether or not they got as far as recording.

Thanks to the OP for posting. :flowers: Sounds promising if he's been in touch with the estate.

i want Michael's kids to benifit from these songs , michael spent the time to record these songs while he was away from his kids ... their time must be rewarded by the money that come from these songs.

Chraity is good but 20 of MJ's estate's encome will go to charaity ayway.

I'd rather they take their time with this and properly promote an album with all of this more recent material.

They really could release an entire new album of tracks dated back to 1999 till 2009 and I doubt it would sound out of place at all. It's just a matter of selecting the strongest material.

I'd be willing to wait until 2011 as long as it's all done the right way. No reason to think it should take any longer than that.

i want Michael's kids to benifit from these songs , michael spent the time to record these songs while he was away from his kids ... their time must be rewarded by the money that come from these songs.

Chraity is good but 20 of MJ's estate's encome will go to charaity ayway.
Maybe his kids had school when he was recording it.

I don´t know if my memory is bad but I thought that some hours ago I read about RedOne making hits with Michael Jackson and I was wondering if they had made music together before or if he was sure the new song should be a hit. Now I wonder if they changed the article because I can´t find that part anymore or maybe I need to go out for a walk in the cold and fresh air.

I don´t know if it´s true about the song, aftonbladet has written so many lies about Michael. It has to be confirmed before I believe anything.

OMFG I hope this is true! please please pleeeease!

wow this is amazing and redone is an amazing producer so i can just imagine how hot these tracks would be! cant wait!!

Oh wow, I hope this is true and the songs are produced on an album. How long will we have to wait ? *sigh*

As I see it, these songs will not be released anytime soon.

Best believe Sony is in the mix here with the Estate and this is where things could get complicated. And, on top of that these songs would've been recorded after MJ's contract ended with Sony, so I don't know how that's gonna come into play.

All I know is, whatever new album that is put out, I just want the people involved to handle the project as MJ would, select songs carefully and present an album that MJ would be proud of. Just don't go slicing up the track with MJ's vocals and then some other artist vocals all over the album 'cause then I'll be pissed!

Last edited:
Back