Susan Boyle from Britains Got Talent!

She sang that song beautifully, gave me chills and tears. Bravo to her. :)

Last edited:
It really goes to show that talent is the most impotant thing and not always looks.
Everyone wants a Beyounce or a JLO Looking woman and there are many average women outthere who has the talent and not the looks that men and Hollywood are looking for.I myself is an average looking woman,Have been kissed once or twice and have been mislead by certain folks and people might not like my looks but when they hear what I can do,People will change their minds. All in All ,The Industry should give the Common person, an underdog a chance to shine. Whoopi Goldberg doesn't care about her looks and she has a Career,She showed them what she could do and now she's famous and has a Tony and a an Oscar, Queen Latifha a was plumb gal but she showed what she could do,She reminds me of Pearl Bailey,
Jennifer Hudson, You all know what happpen to her. Hollywood should change for all to get the exposure they deserve and not put people down because of their looks.
I hope Susan goes all the way and win.

Loved her, She has an amazing voice and that song is so beautiful :wub: I hope she goes all the way. :)

Everyone was against her at first.

Proves that prejudice is ignorance.

¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„...ø¤º° ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨
¨°º¤ø„¸ GO Susan !!¸„ø¤º°¨copy and paste
¸„ø¤º°¨Ur Awesome!!! `°º¤ø„¸if you think
¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º¤ Susan is the best !!!

She has a very beautiful voice. And she is so modest about her obvious and fantastic talent. She deserves every good word she gets. They should offer her a record deal with a seriousness.

There, I think I cut and pasted this enough times! LOL!

She impressed me, thought she did very well!

I agree with you guys. Yes she can sing.
But I think Susan Boyle, is being praised as this extraordinary amazing singer
when in actuality, she's not. I think all this high praise is in reflection of the obvious....
the way she looks. Because she looks the way she does, her singing ability is being
elevated to levels unwarrented in my opinion. Unfortunate as it is, I think it's the truth.
I'm glad she's not letting that stop her from persuing her dreams and goals.

There are many good-looking women whom some regard as
excellent singers but really are just average singers.

I LOVE THIS SONG, and the way she sang it made me cry. I can't get enough of it. She's beautiful inside and out imo. Maybe not based on "hollywood standards" but if a person has inner beauty it WILL reflect on the outside, you just have to have the ability to see it; an ability I'm sad to say those judges and those in the audience did not possess.

GO ALL THE WAY SUSAN!

I definitely think there's a market for her... That old school type of voice works... Just look at Chrisette Michele & Amy Winehouse.
I have no doubt Susan has a bright future no ahead of her no matter if she wins Britans Got Talent or not.

People love a "come back" story, especially when it's well deserved like in her case.

EDIT: And here's the "Cry Me A River" that Lily talked about in 2 posts before mine:

A little shakey on the start of the song "Memory" but OMG *chills* she has a beautiful voice. :cry:

I agree with you guys. Yes she can sing.
But I think Susan Boyle, is being praised as this extraordinary amazing singer
when in actuality, she's not. I think all this high praise is in reflection of the obvious....
the way she looks. Because she looks the way she does, her singing ability is being
elevated to levels unwarrented in my opinion. Unfortunate as it is, I think it's the truth.
I'm glad she's not letting that stop her from persuing her dreams and goals.

There are many good-looking women whom some regard as
excellent singers but really are just average singers.

I agree! If she was drop dead gorgeous, I wonder if she'd have so many fan and supporters. Just sayin...

i only needed to listen to 5 notes. she'll give Michael a run for his money, vocally. she would make a non church goer go to church if her voice is heard within the rafters.

thank God for the internet, or else i would have never heard her. i was in tears after just 5 notes.:punk:

i'm sorry. she's worth a double post.

i downloaded the damn video. she better put something out so i can buy it. yall ban me if you want. i had to double post. lol

and now for a lesson in what makes an audience. lol...maybe it's because i'm from america, but her British 'accent' adds to her charm, for me.

and the music she chose was very important to the X factor.

and, this entire presentation, by the way, to me, is what the term 'X factor' is all about.

^ Busted for the double post :ban:vncwilliam :lol: jk :p

I'd buy her album too, she has a beautiful voice. :)

I like her, don't get me wrong, but kind of shocked at how much people are raving about her. I don't even think she's the best one in the competition. I just wonder what people are so fascinated by about her, there are a lot of people who can sing really really well.

Not a fan. There are better acts in BGT. Julian Smith's saxaphone act is incredible for instance. Diversity are so tight and well prepared. Much better than Susan who I am afraid to say is a complete fruitcake. Good voice though.

there could be a lot of factors, but i really don't worry about that, too much. i don't watch american idol much, because, frankly, i didn't hear any vocalists that sound as good as Susan Boyle. yes..there are a lot..a LOT of great singers, but apparently, all the factors don't come together, often enough. whatever the circumstances are, my first view and listen to the presentation, ended in an outstanding result. so more power for the presentation of her, or whatever. her voice rang. i don't know what the future holds, but i know i loved what i experienced here. she's great.

Signature were better!!! And if they were white they would of won!!!!

Boyle is overrated!!!

She's definitely a talented vocalist. And I think that's all that matters. People are raving about her for the wrong reasons, but when it comes right down to it, she is still a very talented singer.

If anyone on these celebrity talent shows deserves to have a career, she does.

Back