Sunflower.com guy speaks

Memefan

Proud Member
Moline native sends 2,000 sunflowers to Jackson Crypt

Kurt Allemeier | Posted: Monday, May 17, 2010 10:28 pm

A Moline native provided the splash of sunflowers at the King of Pop’s crypt after Lisa Marie Presley’s recent plea to brighten it with his favorite bloom.

On Friday, Jason Levin’s company, Sunflower Guy, of Carlsbad, Calif., delivered about 2,000 sunflowers to Michael Jackson’s tomb at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale, Calif. Levin is a 1988 Moline High School graduate.

The sunflower is the favorite flower of Levin as well as Jackson. Levin, a bit of a fan of the singer, went to the cemetery to make the delivery after hearing about the plea on Presley’s MySpace page.

A friend e-mailed Levin last week to tell him that Presley, Jackson’s ex-wife, complained on her Myspace page that only a few bouquets, candles and gifts adorned the singer’s tomb during a recent visit. She asked that fans send sunflowers, prompting Sunflower Guy’s generosity.

Although his company’s black and gold flowers made waves in entertainment news after the donation, that isn’t what Levin intended. He points out that his company, Dos Gringos, of which Sunflower Guy is a part, donates thousands of flowers a year to school, community and military groups.

“Our thing was to try and not look at this as gaining some commerce from it, but to bringing smiles to millions of people and we stayed true to that,” he said. “The outreach from Michael Jackson fans was unbelievable. They were very appreciative.”

The company has received hundreds of e-mails, thanking Sunflower Guy for its generosity.

After graduating from Michigan State University in 1992 with a degree in finance, he joined Dos Gringos the next year. His second paycheck bounced. After putting together a business plan and enlisting a veteran of the flower business, Levin purchased the struggling business. In 1995, the company had 30 employees. It now has 167.

The company distributes cut flowers to supermarkets and other retail outlets like Jewel Foods, Sam’s Club and Trader Joe’s.

“It has been a lot of hard work and early mornings, but if you set your mind to it to work hard and surround yourself with good people, you can make a good run at it,” Levin said. “We are continuing to grow and add jobs even in a rough economy.”

http://qctimes.com/news/local/article_f3f90a2e-622d-11df-b9d9-001cc4c03286.html

I guess, MJ fans were wrong in their rush to judge this man.

Thank you sunflowerguy!!

Thank you for the article...I knew he did it out of the goodness of his heart...he loved Michael too....it wasn't very hard to love Michael.

aww.
bless that man .
hey man , if your on here ...reading this .
my respect to you .[and sunflowers] :give_flowers:

Thank you for posting.

I'll repost this here if it's ok..

I have found that this is not the first nice gesture SunflowerGuy has made.

See this Outreach page 'Spreading Smiles in San Diego'.

http://www.sunflowerguy.com/community_outreach.php

Ongoing outreach -

'Blooms from the heart'

http://bloomsfromtheheart.org/our_partners

SunflowerGuy.com donates the “happiest flower on earth” to Blooms from the Heart who creates arrangements to send a message of caring and compassion to those in need to San Diego area hospitals, senior homes, hospice centers and other facilities where they can be enjoyed.

http://www.ramonagardenclub.com/inde...article&sid=25

'Petals for Patriots'

SunflowerGuy.com is proud to support our troops! We work with Petals for Patriots to provide flowers/bouquets to returning hospitalized and sick veterans.

Scripps Clinics—50,000 stems to patients and staff

The owner decided to donate 50-thousand sunflowers to patients and staff members at nine scripps clinic locations. Patients say the flowers will help with the healing process. "Anytime that you can getanything thats alive and well and cheery it makes you feel better. Its like having a drink of jim beam i dont know if it does you any good but it makes you feel a lot better and thats the same with the flowers." "The sunflower guy" will also be delivering free sunflower bouquets to marines at camp pendleton this weekend.

KUSI News at Ten
www.kusi.com
February 5, 2009
http://showroom.multivisioninc.com/share.do?id=100662&key
=q2taCDGDb0Buh35mctvUZeDIr2EI6vKk& email=
kennedy.holly@scrippshealth.org

17 Univision—KBNT
http://www.univision.com/content/channel.jhtml?chid=10050
February 5, 2009
http://showroom.multivisioninc.com/share.do?id=100663&key
=PowaTvfUnRT14I9CmVKawXEJUM9PN5Qe& email=
kennedy.holly@scrippshealth.org

FOX 5 News at 10pm—KSWB
February 5, 2009
http://showroom.multivisioninc.com/share.do?id=100664&key
=qj0z0L3pX32WfDSluasyhEisxxtuYXvQ& email=kennedy.holly
@scrippshealth.org

Subject: Scripps: 02/06/2009: 50- thousand sunflowers
Program: Good Morning San Diego First Ed
February 6, 2009
A vista based company brightened the day of hundreds of patients. The sunflower guy.Com donated more than 10,000 sunflowers today. Ah, that be cheerful. The bouquets were distributed at the 9 scripps coastal medical clinics. The sunflower symbolizes healing and the care that patients receive. >> We want to bring smiles to millions and we would love to see fresh flowers on every table top in the world. Plus we feel that there is a wonderful affiliation with the hospitals. We would like to help people that are not feeling so well. Sunflower guy.Com donates to dozens of charities in schools. Over the next few days the company will be giving flowers to troops at camp pendleton.

Nice. :) Thanks for posting.

I shouldn't have to do this but keep it civil, and keep the thread open. :flowers:

Lisa Marie sent him a bucket of flowers along with a card thanking for the sunflowers as well

thank u for article..........so there is no harm in admitting that there are few good people out their .i mean just look at the mans charity work ,it says all.may god bless him.for lisa ,i don't have big hear as Michael but i can appreciate good gesture ,after all we are all grieving for an :angel:.thank u lisa.:praying:

Very nice of Levin and LMP. A rare gesture in this day and age.

Lisa Marie sent a guy who owns a flower shop some flowers. That nice and funny at the same time

That guy is so sweet and its very generous for him to do that and not for commerce but to make other people happy :)

I am very happy that the above information is posted. This is a really good guy--
with a wonderful response to Lisa Marie's suggestion. And her thank you to him
is also touching. Keeps Michael smiling, you know.

Maybe, just maybe, there's a lesson here about not immediately assuming ulterior
motives and thinking negatively.

I am very happy that the above information is posted. This is a really good guy--

Maybe, just maybe, there's a lesson here about not immediately assuming ulterior

:agree::clapping::clapping:

This man is awesome.:heart:

I definitely agree with you.

Definitely.

Irene from the Flower Shop at Forest lawn wrote to us and said:

Hello Devoted MJ fans,

We have made some adjustments because limiting placements to only 3 is too restricting considering the number of fans who want to demonstrate their affection.*

We have also created a special bouquet, of 3 large sunflowers. This was a suggestion of one of his fans, one flower for each of his children. That can be found on our website listed here. Rest assured that your flowers will be delivered by our shop will be placed right at MJ’s side at his sarcophagus.

Sincerely, Irene “The Flower Shop at Forest Lawn” Glendale

The 3-large sunflower arrangement is only $20 USD and should be ordered directly from Forest Lawn at 1-800-204-3131.

However, if you’d rather contribute to the large ‘Sunflowers for Michael‘ vase such as the one in these photos, you can do that through paypal using the mindwave2002@netscape.net (‘Sunflowers for Michael‘) account.

Sandy will continue to place a weekly order for the large vase(s) of sunflowers for Michael from his loving fans around the world, providing enough funds remain in the ‘Sunflowers for Michael‘ account to do so.

The previous arrangements Forest Lawn did from Michael’s fans who donated from all over the world were very large and GORGEOUS. And, they were delivered directly into Michael’s resting place with a card containing all the donor’s names. I’ve heard comments from visitors who saw the arrangements through the doors and they said they are beautiful!

*Forest Lawn’s formal policy is that they allow 3 placements per interment but they are allowing more for MJ’s resting place to allow for more fans to have flower arrangements placed near him.

http://www.mj-777.com/?page_id=3434

Thank you to the fans! Thank you to the people of Forest Lawn! And of course, thank you to Sunflowerguy & Lisa Marie Presley.

MJ deserves many beautiful things.

The person who coordinates this project "Sunflowers for Michael" told me that thanks to all the donations, there's enough money for 4 weeks already. She said about 100 people donated.

One nice thing from another sunflowerthread is that there was a time when LMP filled rooms with sunflowers for Michael because she knew he loved them.
He had happy times in life and he got flowers when he was alive too.

The person who coordinates this project "Sunflowers for Michael" told me that thanks to all the donations, there's enough money for 4 weeks already. She said about 100 people donated.

That's great! I love that project, it's very lovely.

So true.

This really fills my heart with love at the humanity that joins us all.
Michael is still bringing people together......:cry: :heart: Love to everyone. Thank you Mr. Levin.

Back