Stevie Wonder Pays a Visit to Michael Jackson

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
I absolutely adore Stevie. I think he has a superior mentality. Awesome!

I don't want to bore you with it, but I love you, Stevie. Thank you.

I love you more, Smelly.

Apt35vOKopb2p37lT019cQJuo1_500.png

I believed it was Q who called Michael "Smelly" :scratch:, No ?

yup..Love Stevie...he is a remarkable entertainer....he loved Michael so much..:(

Stevie Wonder is a down to earth man and I love how he got to be great friends with Michael! He is a good guy and seems very nice and has worked with Michael on his Off The Wall and BAD album! A couple of songs like "Just Good Friends" and he wrote "Can't Help It"!

boy..what must it be like to be so famous as Michael and cannot find a friend, because they are like a needle in a haystack? but Stevie could be found in that haystack.

Well that's wonderful of Stevie and his kids. Stevie was one of the few who always supported Michael. He was a true friend to Michael and I know MJ loved and respected Stevie a great deal as well.

I got nothing but love for Mr. Wonder. Extremely talented and wonderful man.

Do you remember when Stevie was about to sing at the memorial he said something like this was a day he hoped he wouldn't live to see? I know exactly how he feels.:cry:
I am so glad Michael had such a beautiful friend who loved him so much.:flowers:

Haha, great use of classic Stevie lyrics there!
Stevie is such an amazing person one of a few left in the entire world with pure natural talent!
Cannot wait to see him live for the second time on the 29th June in manchester UK :)

Amazing, pure genius that doesnt get enough recognition

Thank you.
Yayyy! You're seein' Stevie ! Have a great time.
Stevie's an amazing man to see in concert.
I'd love to see him again.

I believed it was Q who called Michael "Smelly" :scratch:, No ?

Yes, indeed.
""I called Michael “Smelly” because when he liked a piece of music or a certain beat, instead of calling it funky, he'd call it “smelly jelly." Quincy Jones

Last edited:
TMZ has confirmed that the singer and three of his children stopped by Michael's tomb at the Forest Lawn Cemetery in Glendale, CA this weekend to pay their respects.

According to Stevie's rep, Wonder and his kids had gone to the cemetery to visit Stevie's dearly departed mother -- but Stevie's children insisted they visit MJ too.

Wonder and MJ were famously close -- and at MJ's memorial last year, Stevie told the crowd he often let Michael know how much he loved him ... and was "at peace with that."

If Stevie went to visit his departed mother, then how is it he and his kids were able to just go visit MJ just like that, I thought prior permission was need from the Jackson Family. But then again, his name is probably on a pre-approved list.

Thank you to Stevie, a true friend indeed.:yes:

What a guy. I have a huge amount of respect for him. :heart:

Stevie

How old are his kids now btw and how many does he even have?
He has 7 children. I don't know their exact ages, but the oldest is early 30s. He has a few young kids under 10 with his current 2nd wife. The oldest child Aisha sings backup for Stevie and also is who the song Isn't She Lovely is about.

I have massive respect for Stevie, fantastic person, big heart and a deep connection with Michael, someone who truly loved the man

Same here.
Love Stevie
Totally.
I'll never forget the big tribute he made for Michael at that free concert in Montréal on June 30th last year.
Just magical, thank you Stevie.

awwww stevie i love you!!
hes a legend what an awesome friend for michael to have :)

What a GREAT wonderful human being Stevie is, what a talent!!!!, and i just love him he always respected and supported Michael tru all, LOVE HIM

thank you Stevie, Michael adored you and your music as well, as you sure know, you were one if he's top artists, he was always talikng about how talented and wonderful you are.

Love you Stevie

This is a much respectful article about this...

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/detroit/index.ssf/2010/06/stevie_wonder_visits_michael_j.html

Stevie Wonder visits Michael Jackson's tomb at Forest Lawn Cemetery

By Jessica Nunez | MLive.com

June 02, 2010, 11:42AM

100602-stevie-wonderjpg-3f996bfbe089edf4_large.jpg
AP file photoStevie Wonder, pictured here performing at Michael Jackson's memorial service last July, visited the late singer's tomb over the weekend.We're coming up on the one-year anniversary of the death of singer Michael Jackson, so it's not surprising to see his name pop up more often in the media.

This morning, TMZ's leading story was about a visit Jackson's long-time friend Stevie Wonder paid to his tomb this past weekend in Forest Lawn Cemetery in Glendale, Calif.

According to Wonder's rep, the musician was there to visit his mother's grave and his kids coaxed him into stopping by Jackson's tomb.

Wonder and Jackson had been friends since they were both signed with Motown records, and later did some collaborations together.

In 1987, Wonder and Jackson did a duet called "Just Good Friends," which appeared on Jackson's "Bad" album."

Another duet, "Get It," appeared on Wonder's 1987 album "Characters."

Wonder performed "I Never Dreamed You'd Leave in Summer" at Jackson's widely-televised memorial service last July.

/* */
RecommendRecommend (0)

Print this Email this
Share this:
/* */

Previous story: Metro Detroit band Avienne named finalist in Hard Rock Cafe's international contest

Story tags: Stevie Wonder

Stevie is a great man.
[hate how TMZ puts together their news 'unexpected company drop by this weekend -- a surprise visit'... pfff.]

AGREED. they make it sound like the only reason stevie visited was becos his kids wanted to. .
stevie stood up for mike in the 05 case when it really counted. Respect for this man always.

Thanks for the great tunes, FedoraHatGirl2058.
It was good to hear those again...and sad.

Sorry to be a bit off-topic, but...

Here's Stevie in 1974 doing 'You haven't done nothing' with J5 singing background :

[youtube]fV9j_eY7w3I[/youtube]

"Instead of an encore of his own music, Stevie Wonder honored the music of Michael Jackson the day after Michael's death, during a concert in Kansas City, Missouri.

Stevie's daughter Aisha Morris is on his right (your left) and her concern for her father's anguish brought many tender moments during this historic performance."

[youtube]-LOX7OMAjis[/youtube]

Last edited:
Stevie's such a great man. He loves Michael so much.
:heart: Bless him. Glad he went to see him and I'm sure Michael was happy too.

Stevie Wonder is my second favourite artist after Michael, the fact that they were close means a lot and they had more in common with each other than you think - they both started out really young and grew up in the spotlight. Whenever I think of what Stevie said at the memorial about how he never wished this day would come when Michael died absolutely breaks my heart.

Back