Statement From The Estate Of Michael Jackson

Statement For The Attention Of The Fans Of Michael Jackson

We are aware of the many questions from the fan community regarding the recent settlement of the HTWF lawsuit. The Estate will need at least ninety days to gather information, as well as all of the property that will be coming back to the Estate from Melissa Johnson and the HTWF. We want the fans to rest assured that all decisions on the use of a charitable foundation or, as an alternative, making direct contributions to recipient charities, and any and all personnel decisions, will be made with complete regard to Michael’s wishes and Michael’s legacy, which we intend to honor and perpetuate. We also value the opinions of Michael’s fans who, above all, have shown unwavering support for Michael and his legacy. We therefore want to assure the fans that all actions being taken by the Estate, past, present and future, will be guided by the paramount objective of doing the right thing by Michael.

John McClain and John Branca
Co-Executors
The Estate of Michael Jackson

I have to say that I hate the fact they must be explaining every little thing they do, for drama is always lurking in the dark.:mello:

Good they issue this statement.Hope things will be the best for MJ3 and Michael's legacy.

thanks!

The Estate will need at least ninety days to gather information, as well as all of the property that will be coming back to the Estate from Melissa Johnson and the HTWF.

As far as I'm concerned, they can take as much time as they need, to ENSURE that every T is crossed and every I is dotted.

When you are dealing with snakes and sneeks, you almost have to have eyes in the back of your head, so that you can ALSO see what's coming at you from behind.

they know some of us are concerned and suspicious so nice to hear from them

yes I agree...they can take their time getting it right...and I am glad to ee that they DO care that we the fans look after and WILL continue to look after Michael and his legacy...after all if WE DON'T WHO WILL...I really miss him..:boohoo:

Very grateful that they acknowledge the fan community and take the time to issue a statement keeping us in the know. Big thumbs up for that

This statement, like almost all the statments released by the Estate, basically tells me nothing. But, I'll take it as a nice gesture. That's all.

Diplomate;3353054 said:
With a trial, you can send vultures and stalkers in jail....

Sorry this is stupid. Johnson has nothing done to send her in jail. The result of the trial would be that she can go on with her HTW-charity but has to note on her page that there is no connection to Michael Jackson. Lol but his mother and childreen are further on the board.
But it´s your opinion.

I appriciate the statement of the Estate and I will wait for the next statements when they say how it will go on with Michael`s charity. And now it is Michael`s charity.

It is indeed a great thing the estate is acknowledging the fans and keeping us informed. I am grateful for all they are doing in Michael's honor and legacy. They don't have to issue statement after statement to us, but they do. I appreciate it.

Well, this statement basically said nothing lol. I guess Branca and McClain are always good to write lots of words and give out nothing lol. However, anyway, I think we can be patient. Times will tell.

This statement, like almost all the statments released by the Estate, basically tells me nothing. But, I'll take it as a nice gesture. That's all.
I completely agree.
And I find it ridiculous for them to say how they value the fans' opinion. Sorry to mention it... but yeah, they showed us how much they cared for the fans's concern about the album...
Obviously they feel like they have to justify themselves...and I think that's good.

Well, this statement basically said nothing lol. I guess Branca and McClain are always good to write lots of words and give out nothing lol. However, anyway, I think we can be patient. Times will tell.

I think we must not be this negative. They are just notifying people that the answers will take some time.

1- They are right about these stuff taking time. Trademark registrations, or government updates of reports takes months to be processed.
2. Both trademark and charity records are public. Over time we will see what's happening for ourselves :)

I think we must not be this negative. They are just notifying people that the answers will take some time.

1- They are right about these stuff taking time. Trademark registrations, or government updates of reports takes months to be processed.
2. Both trademark and charity records are public. Over time we will see what's happening for ourselves :)

It really has nothing to do with being negative or positive or what not. Thus far, no one is trashing or bad-mouthing the Estate. Some of us simply expressed that we gained nothing informative from this statement. It's a nice gesture, however.

I don't think I have a negative attitude. I don't think the post you quoted is negative. He/she is not wrong by saying "the Estate was good to write lots of words and give out nothing."

I'm appreciative that they acknowledge the concerns of the fans about this matter and I'll leave it at that.

Am I being negative? What you mentioned here is the reason I said in my post. I guess we all need to be patient. Only time will tell.
However, I do think the estate always write lots of words which contains nothing and sometimes even unrelated things to avoid the question. The statement this time is the example of telling nothing.

Am I being negative? What you mentioned here is the reason I said in my post. I guess we all need to be patient. Only time will tell.
However, I do think the estate always write lots of words which contains nothing and sometimes even unrelated things to avoid the question. The statement this time is the example of telling nothing.

No, they are just letting us know that it will take some time to work out this situation and they acknowledge the fans and their concerns. What would you prefer? That they rush things and release a premature statement a day after the settlement? Or that they just stay quiet for 90 days while fans are worried and speculating? It was a nice gesture for them to release a statement like this. Some people are just never satisfied.

thanks for sharing the statement GAZ.

Glad to hear the estate won the case and are working on getting everything back in order.

We know all about the trademarks and all that going to the MJ estate already! What we don't know is if Melissa Johnson will still be a part of the HTWF! And this statement don't address it! That's the only thing at this point I wanna know, a simple yes or no would have been appreciated! But, thanks anyways!

If they really care about us, fans, they should send in jail the vultures and stalker.

they have no authority to send anyone in jail

Like what twinklee said they have no authority to do so really. Its up to the police to do so and if they feel they need to i guess they will. Altough i dont trust the law that much anymore.

Nice of the estate to write to the fans. That's rare seeing how the estate for other famous people don't do that. I just want Johnson and Mann out of all of it.

Thanks for the statement. Let's see what additional information we can get after things have been sorted out.

it is nice gesture .since some of us worried about randy and joe being on board ,this explanation was needed but it wasn't compulsory so that is why it is nice gesture .and about boy cotters just boycott other threads and just stay in album topic and protest.

We know all about the trademarks and all that going to the MJ estate already! What we don't know is if Melissa Johnson will still be a part of the HTWF! And this statement don't address it! That's the only thing at this point I wanna know, a simple yes or no would have been appreciated! But, thanks anyways!

Thanks for the message from the Estate. I especially liked the part about all the personnel decisions being made with complete regard to Michael’s wishes and Michael’s legacy. I will take it as a hint that Johnson is about to leave (if she hasn't left already).

I appreciate that the estate have taken the time to acknowledge the fans and keep us in the loop.

I will take it as a hint that Johnson is about to leave (if she hasn't left already).
I hope you're right. If it's gonna be done right by Michael with his blessing & smiling from above, Melissa Johnson should be given the handshake..." It's was nice doing pleasure with you"... yanked outta the equation & reimbursed.

Last edited:
Back