Starpulse Top 10 Albums of the 80's: Bad Number 3

Bad slays Thriller?
That's some of the funniest shit I've ever read.
I guess that's what I'd expect on a fan board. At the end of the day, practically NOBODY outside of the fan community even remembers Bad.
Thriller on the other hand...

Hollaback.

nah..thats not true..non fans know the album bad and the songs and videos from it.
no.. not every song off of it..but the same as thriller, non fans would not recognize ''baby be mine'' or ''lady in my life'' unless they heard michael sing it. or stared at the back of the album..and then they would walk away and still forget again.
non-fans know michael made dangerous and the songs off of that too. so why would bad be forgotten? it was part of his huge icon statue of the 80s as well.

and really even though thriller had amazing songs..the videos helped it as well. not every song is like billie jean off of it. not everyone remembers all the songs who arent fans. and i never can understand why folks bother to say which songs in history ''age well''. why should it matter? for instance i still listen to oldies songs..it doesnt have to be like it was made today to be perfection for future generations. that would suck. i like the uniqueness of songs from different decades. and 80s were cool.

I'd say "Off The Wall" is his best solo album. I have a fondness for the "Ben" album though, lol.

I think Bad is MJ's 4th best album behind Dangerous, Thriller, and Off the Wall. It was really a great album for its time, but it doesn't have the staying power of the other 3. Dangerous is massively underrated as an album imo.

bad and dangerous are my favorite albums, but I think that is probably a matter of taste. critics seem to think that thriller is better than bad.

I think Bad is an okay song, but acapella bad is 5 out of 5 stars.
the way you make me feel is another descent song.
speed demon is probably 4 out of 5 stars
man in the mirror=5 stars
leave me alone 4 out of 5 stars
leave me alone acapella 5 out of 5 stars
dirty diana 4 out of 5
smooth criminal is 5 out of 5 stars and one of the best videos he ever made, probably right behind thriller if not better.
another part of me is an okay song, but it rocks the house when performed live.

On thriller I think wanna be starting something, billie jean, beat it, pyt are all excellent songs, while baby be mine, girl is mine, and thriller are just okay. thriller would be an excellent song but the chorus has a little bit of cheese.

Plus michael's voice seems so much better on the bad album.
I don't think critics underrated Dangerous, so much as people did and that was because the allegations popped up before it could fully be fleshed out. I think we'd have gotten a few more dance number videos had it not been for that.
smooth criminal 5 stars

and speed demon isnt a filler,its just so damn different from anything else but it totally fits in with the album

All of Michael's albums are perfect and classics but BAD is my favorite and I think Michael's best.

It's so funky, every song is perfect and all of the songs but two were completely written and composed by Mike.

Who's BAD!

Its nice to see BAD getting the recognition it deserves and noticing that Michael is much more than just Thriller.

Exactly, the press tries to make it seem like Michael is just Thriller and there's nothing else.

BAD is just as good if not better than Thriller. So is Dangerous, etc. etc.

Thriller sold so many records that even the biggest enemies of Mike can't ignore it's greatness in the eyes of the media but BAD and Dangerous etc. are perfect classics.

Last edited:
Since when did popularity equate to quality?

it doesn't, quality does. and Thriller tips over the edge on that one, imo.

as for a previous comment... just because Bad is "the closest to a fully MJ-penned album" we're going to get, doesn't mean it's the best. there's a very good reason why Mike's a collaborator 80% of the time.

Off The Wall > Dangerous > Thriller > Bad

it doesn't, quality does. and Thriller tips over the edge on that one, imo.

as for a previous comment... just because Bad is "the closest to a fully MJ-penned album" we're going to get, doesn't mean it's the best. there's a very good reason why Mike's a collaborator 80% of the time.

Off The Wall > Dangerous > Thriller > Bad

Excatly lol and BAD has better tracks than thriller. Each track on BAD had number 1 or top5 written all over it. Thriller is a superb album but BAD just takes the cake.Man in the Mirror,Lebrian Girl,The Way You Make Me Feel,Smooth Criminal,Dirty Diana,i mean come on now lol.

I always Go Dangerous>Bad>Off The Wall>Thriller>Invincible>History>BOTDF

Back