Star Wars: Episode 7 is coming!

Who knows. Perhaps it is gonna be good. I like the fact that Lucas won't be director.

J.J. Abrams Set to Direct Next 'Star Wars' Film

I happy even thought I haven't seen much of his work. I have only seen Cloverfield, Super 8 and watched Lost.

"Academy Award-winning writer Michael Arndt will write the screenplay." "Also consulting on the project are Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg. Kasdan has a long history with Lucasfilm, as screenwriter on The Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark and Return of the Jedi."
Source: http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...ent-jj-abrams-to-direct-star-wars-episode-vii

I sure they can make better work than Lucas did with Prequels.

Han Solo and Boba Fett are getting their own movies:
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/02/06/star-wars-spin-offs-young-han-solo-movie-boba-fett/

Han-Solo-Boba-Fett_510x383.jpg

Boba Fett movie could be great but I'm not very interested to see movie about young Han Solo. I don't want to see anyone else as Han than Harrison Ford.

New Report Says Harrison Ford Will Indeed Return as Han Solo:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02...-harrison-ford-will-indeed-return-as-han-solo

"According to a new report, one of the most beloved Star Wars characters is indeed going to be back, portrayed by the actor who originated the role, as Latino Review is reporting that Harrison Ford is set to return as Han Solo for Star Wars: Episode VII.

Latino Review broke the news via an appearance by the site's El Mayimbe on Fox News Latino, where he said, “It’s official. Harrison Ford will reprise his role as Han Solo in the upcoming Star Wars movies.” While not infallible, Latino Review has broken many big film stories that were indeed confirmed down the line and El Mayimbe stated, “I found that out yesterday. I did my due diligence, like I do with everything. Triple checked. Legitimate sources."

It was reported back in November that Ford had indicated he’d be up for reprising the role, as rumors swirled that Han Solo, Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa would all be a part of Episode VII, in some capacity.

For now, Lucasfilm has not officially announced anything regarding the subject of Star Wars casting, but El Mayimbe went on to say, “His deal is done. It’s just a formality. They haven’t really announced it yet.” He noted he didn’t know the exact extent of Ford’s role in the new films, but that, “It’s significant.”

Star Wars: Episode VII would actually be a reunion for Ford and director J.J. Abrams. One of Abrams' first produced screenplays was Regarding Henry, which starred Ford. Future Hollywood uber-writer/producer/director Abrams actually has a cameo in the film as a delivery guy who interacts with Ford's character."

Mark Hamill Talks Star Wars: Episode VII:
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/175127-mark-hamill-talks-star-wars-episode-vii

"The rumor that Harrison Ford had signed on to return as Han Solo in the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII started last week, but Mark Hamill now says that he and the other original stars have not officially signed on for the film. They are talking to Lucasfilm about it, however.

"They're talking to us," he said in an interview with Entertainment Tonight. "George [Lucas] wanted to know whether we'd be interested. He did say that if we didn't want to do it, they wouldn't cast another actor in our parts – they would write us out. … I can tell you right away that we haven't signed any contracts. We're in the stage where they want us to go in and meet with Michael Arndt, who is the writer, and Kathleen Kennedy, who is going to run Lucasfilm. Both have had meetings set that were postponed -- on their end, not mine. They're more busy than I am."

Hamill says in the interview that he doesn't know what he film will be about officially, but based on his tone, it would appear he knows more than he is letting on.

"I'm assuming, because I haven't talked to the writers, that these movies would be about our offspring -- like my character would be sort of in the Obi-Wan range [as] an influential character. … When I found out [while making the original trilogy] that ultimate good news/bad news joke – the good news is there's a real attractive, hot girl in the universe; the bad news is she's your sister – I thought, 'Well, I'm going to wind up like Sir Alec [Guinness]. I'm going to be a lonely old hermit living out in some kind of desert igloo with a couple of robots.'"

Also with the rumors of Ford returning in full swing, Hamill mentioned that he thinks everyone should come back for the film rather than just one actor, adding fuel to the fire that he knows more than he's saying.

"Another thing I'd want to make sure of is are we going to have the whole gang back? Is Carrie and Harrison and Billy Dee and Tony Daniels, everybody that's around from the original [returning]? I want to make sure that everybody's on board here, rather than just one."

Hamill also mentioned the direction he thought the film should go in terms of tone and its special effects use, and it makes sense to us.

"I said to George that I wanted to go back to the way it was, in the sense that ours was much more carefree and lighthearted and humorous – in my opinion, anyway....hope they find the right balance of CGI with practical effects. I love props, I love models, miniatures, matte paintings -- I'm sort of old school. I think if you go too far in the direction of CGI it winds up looking like just a giant a video game, and that's unfortunate. … If they listen to me at all, it'll be, 'Lighten up and go retro with the way it looks.'"

Star Wars: Episode VII is scheduled to hit theaters in 2015. J.J. Abrams will direct the film from a script by Michael Arndt. Disney and Lucasfilm are planning a new trilogy with a new movie coming every other year."

Everything Hamill said here sounds promising. I hope Lucas listens Hamill about that practical effects thing.

Last edited:
Rumor: Darth Maul Spin-Off Movie Being Considered With Ewan McGregor and Luke Skywalker:

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/co...g-considered-ewan-mcgregor-and-luke-skywalker

"Our DC Entertainment source has just given us a few tidbits on a possible new Star Wars spin-off movie.

Previously, our source let us in on a possible storyline for Star Wars Episode VII involving a disciple of Palpatine and the Skywalker/Solo children.

This time, the news is said to involve a Star Wars spin-off movie taking place between Episode III and IV.

Our source notes that the Lucasfilm friend who provided the information said the idea is being tossed around.

• Set between Star Wars Episode III and Episode IV.

• Said to feature Ewan McGregor reprising the role of Obi-Wan Kenobi in his exile on Tatooine.

• The villain? Darth Maul hunting down his nemesis with a possible plot point involving a 5-year-old Luke Skywalker somehow tied into the story possibly as bait for Obi-Wan.

Again, our source notes nothing is set in stone and things for the Star Wars spin-offs are obviously in an early stage of development.

Our source previously provided us information on the first news about theMan of Steel spearheading a DC shared universe, the first news about the Justice League 2015 film and Batman 2016 reboot as well as some scenes from both the Green Lantern movie and the new Superman movie, and more.

Star Wars Episode VII has a 2015 release date directed by J.J. Abrams."

5 year old Luke? Why kids all the time -.-
Not sure how I'd like Maul with some metal spider legs. To me he looked so iconic in Ep 1, that this would perhaps ruin his image (they would try to make him "cooler"). I hope for the best though.

5 year old Luke? Why kids all the time -.-
Not sure how I'd like Maul with some metal spider legs. To me he looked so iconic in Ep 1, that this would perhaps ruin his image (they would try to make him "cooler"). I hope for the best though.

That new Darth Maul appeared in Clone Wars tv series:

I think too that the original was a lot better. The only good thing in Episode 1.

Last edited:
Yeah I know, but I don't watch those. Last time I watched them was some of season 1 sometime back in 2009 or 2010.

Yeah I know, but I don't watch those. Last time I watched them was some of season 1 sometime back in 2009 or 2010.

I haven't watched a single episode. Only few clips on Youtube and I don't think it is official canon. The new animated series that they are planning sounds interesting. Rumors say that it will be set between Episode 6-7. I hope Mark Hamill voices Luke in that. It could be possible because he is an voice actor.

I hope they don't make it too modern. They're all usually about making something "never seen before".
Did I already mention Adywan and his fan-edits? He's doing a million men job. Amazing man really.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uCp6kzXK_6w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Star Wars: Episode VII Cast Announced!:
http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-7-cast-announced.html

BmZ1ikgCcAATDT7.jpg

"The Star Wars team is thrilled to announce the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII.

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

"Director J.J. Abrams says, "We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."

Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015."

The original main cast is back! This is awesome!
spaz.gif

The original main cast is back! This is awesome!
I dunno, theyre so old & look how bad Indy 4 was for Harrisun ford & that was 5 years ago. Carre fisher hasnt been hot in 20 years, I dunno what Marks doing nowAdam drivers is very ugly, wonder who he's gonna be, thank God not Night wing

With the upcoming release of the 7th episode in the saga, i hope the Disney Cooperation will release the original Unaltered trilogy! without George Lucas' changes...

With the upcoming release of the 7th episode in the saga, i hope the Disney Cooperation will release the original Unaltered trilogy! without George Lucas' changes...

There has been rumors that Disney might do it. They know that they could make a lot of money with it. The original movie posters could be great Blu-Ray covers:

http://www.impawards.com/1977/posters/star_wars_ver2_xlg.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ri0QOfcMU...rikes+Back+(1980)+Style+A+by+Roger+Kastel.jpg
http://getmovieposters.com/media/ca...d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/t/star_wars_a_21_72.jpg

20th Century Fox still holds the home video rights to all the movies, with the first movie's rights being held "in perpetuity" (aka a really long time, possibly forever). The rights for the other five films won't transfer to Disney until May 2020, so it's going to be a long time before we see any release of the original versions if they decide to do that. If Fox maintains their hold on the first movie, a release of the original version of that may be impossible. =/

20th Century Fox still holds the home video rights to all the movies, with the first movie's rights being held "in perpetuity" (aka a really long time, possibly forever). The rights for the other five films won't transfer to Disney until May 2020, so it's going to be a long time before we see any release of the original versions if they decide to do that. If Fox maintains their hold on the first movie, a release of the original version of that may be impossible. =/

Not really. I'm sure 20th Century Fox wouldn't want to block a release like this because it could make a lot of money for them. Companies can make deals together and I can't think any reason why Fox would be against it. Why would Fox prevent the release at the time it could make most money? It is a perfect time to release the original versions when their sequels come out.

Last edited:
Back