Star Wars: Episode 7 is coming!

Galactus123

Proud Member
Donations
$18.00
Disney had bought Lucasfilm LTD. They will make Star Wars: Episode 7 and possibly new trilogy.

"STAR WARS: EPISODE 7 feature film targeted for release in 2015."´

"Burbank, CA and San Francisco, CA, October 30, 2012 – Continuing its strategy of delivering exceptional creative content to audiences around the world, The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) has agreed to acquire Lucasfilm Ltd. in a stock and cash transaction. Lucasfilm is 100% owned by Lucasfilm Chairman and Founder, George Lucas.

Under the terms of the agreement and based on the closing price of Disney stock on October 26, 2012, the transaction value is $4.05 billion, with Disney paying approximately half of the consideration in cash and issuing approximately 40 million shares at closing. The final consideration will be subject to customary post-closing balance sheet adjustments.

Lucasfilm reflects the extraordinary passion, vision, and storytelling of its founder, George Lucas," said Robert A. Iger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of The Walt Disney Company. "This transaction combines a world-class portfolio of content including Star Wars, one of the greatest family entertainment franchises of all time, with Disney's unique and unparalleled creativity across multiple platforms, businesses, and markets to generate sustained growth and drive significant long-term value."

"For the past 35 years, one of my greatest pleasures has been to see Star Wars passed from one generation to the next," said George Lucas, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Lucasfilm. "It's now time for me to pass Star Wars on to a new generation of filmmakers. I've always believed that Star Wars could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime. I'm confident that with Lucasfilm under the leadership of Kathleen Kennedy, and having a new home within the Disney organization, Star Wars will certainly live on and flourish for many generations to come. Disney's reach and experience give Lucasfilm the opportunity to blaze new trails in film, television, interactive media, theme parks, live entertainment, and consumer products."

Under the deal, Disney will acquire ownership of Lucasfilm, a leader in entertainment, innovation and technology, including its massively popular and "evergreen" Star Wars franchise and its operating businesses in live action film production, consumer products, animation, visual effects, and audio post production. Disney will also acquire the substantial portfolio of cutting-edge entertainment technologies that have kept audiences enthralled for many years. Lucasfilm, headquartered in San Francisco, operates under the names Lucasfilm Ltd., LucasArts, Industrial Light & Magic, and Skywalker Sound, and the present intent is for Lucasfilm employees to remain in their current locations.

Kathleen Kennedy, current Co-Chairman of Lucasfilm, will become President of Lucasfilm, reporting to Walt Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn. Additionally she will serve as the brand manager for Star Wars, working directly with Disney's global lines of business to build, further integrate, and maximize the value of this global franchise. Ms. Kennedy will serve as executive producer on new Star Wars feature films, with George Lucas serving as creative consultant. Star Wars Episode 7 is targeted for release in 2015, with more feature films expected to continue the Star Wars saga and grow the franchise well into the future."

Full version: http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disney-news/press-releases/2012/10/disney-acquire-lucasfilm-ltd

What you guys think of all this? I never thought they would make more Star Wars movies. It might be a good thing that Lucas is not directing anymore because new trilogy wasn't very good.

[video=youtube;YyqlTi7lkhY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyqlTi7lkhY[/video]

Last edited:
I was surprised that the Walt Disney Compay bought Lucasfilm.

Lol. SMFH. That is all I can say. Or as Han says "I have a bad feeling about this."

Edit: forgot to say I am not looking forward to this. At all. Star Wars shouldn't be touched even more. I imagine this will be awful for OT lovers like me.

Last edited:
This new trilogy could be very good if they do it right. It is good that Lucas is not directing because I don't think he can make good SW movies anymore. The best Star Wars movie The Empire Strikes Backs wasn't even directed by Lucas so this could be great also.

New video:
Lucas talks at 2:02

tumblr_mcrrctlagl1qap7hto1_500.jpg

Let's be positive, now Disneyland is going to be even funnier :D

I Love Disney and I Love Star Wars, but I don't know if this is a very good idea!!
Though I really hope I'm wrong, and they'll do the previous double trilogies justice and make them just as interesting in story as in characters, sets & special effects as with the former 6!!
I'm very curious about it!! Hope Lucas doesn't regret this move after N° 7 is released!! ;)

Im curious where itll go without Darth sidious. They could please alot of oldschool fans by bringin back the old cast, hamill, ford, fisher etc.

Darth Sidious;3734062 said:
They could please alot of oldschool fans by bringin back the old cast, hamill, ford, fisher etc.

It looks like they are doing that. All of them are open to the idea of coming back:

Harrison Ford open to idea of Han Solo role:
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/11/05/star-wars-sequel-harrison-ford-han-solo-exclusive/

“Harrison is open to the idea of doing the movie and he’s upbeat about it, all three of them are,” said one highly placed source, referring to Ford, Mark Hamill, and Carrie Fisher"

Mark Hamill Talks Star Wars: Episode VII:
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/173441-mark-hamill-talks-star-wars-episode-vii

"[George Lucas] asked Carrie [Fisher] and I to have lunch with him and we did," Hamill says, "I thought he was going to talk about either his retirement or the 'Star Wars' TV series that I’ve heard about — which I don’t think we were going to be involved in anyway, because that takes place between the prequels and the ones we were in and, if Luke were in them, he’d be anywhere from a toddler to a teenager so they’d get an age-appropriate actor — or the 3-D releases. So when he said, 'We decided we’re going to do Episodes VII, VIII, and IX,” I was just gobsmacked. “What? Are you nuts?!” [Laughs]"

Although Hamill learned of the plans for more films, he was as surprised as anyone at the announcement of Lucasfilm being bought by Disney when he read about it online yesterday. He also doesn't know what involvement - if any - he'll have in future Star Wars films, but he remains optimistic as a fan.

"I can see both sides of it," he says. "Because in a way, there was a beginning, a middle, and an end and we all lived happily ever after and that’s the way it should be — and it’s great that people have fond memories, if they do have fond memories. But on the other hand, there’s this ravenous desire on the part of the true believers to have more and more and more material. It’s one of those things: people either just don’t care for it or are passionate about it. I guess that defines what cult movies are all about." "

i realize some stuff needs to be resolved, but number four was all there is, as far as i am concerned. and that was before they edited it after its success.

This.

"The-Nose merwanor • 2 hours ago
The only way I could see him return would be if the movies were set between episode III and episode IV. I know it wouldn't make sense considering the movie will be episode VII, but it could be interesting to see how Vader became as fierce as he is in the original trilogy. He must have been pretty brutal to make people fear him like they do. It could be awesome, but it could also miss big time. Personally, I would like to see an original story with new characters. A movie set in The Old Republic era would be awesome in my opinion. It has become a well established time period with a lot of space for new stories, without messing with the original movies."

Rudolf;3737611 said:
This.

"The-Nose merwanor • 2 hours ago
The only way I could see him return would be if the movies were set between episode III and episode IV. I know it wouldn't make sense considering the movie will be episode VII, but it could be interesting to see how Vader became as fierce as he is in the original trilogy. He must have been pretty brutal to make people fear him like they do. It could be awesome, but it could also miss big time. Personally, I would like to see an original story with new characters. A movie set in The Old Republic era would be awesome in my opinion. It has become a well established time period with a lot of space for new stories, without messing with the original movies."

They said it would be Episode 7 so I don't think it would set between 3 and 4. The live-action tv series they are still planning(hopefully) is to be set in that time period. One way they could bring Vader back is that what if he learned the power to cheat death from Palpatine. Palpatine talked about it in Episode 3 and in Expanded Universe he did reborn after Episode 6. Or they could just clone Vader. :)

Last edited:
I would have preferred Vader's story between ep 3 & 4. But sadly that won't happen. I am extremely concerned about what could cloning turn out into. I sense a disturbance in the Force that they might screw up big time :/ Since the ending was really spot on. Vader was reborn as Anakin and died in peace and brought balance to the Force. Now they clone him (possibly add some metal spider legs or something to make him "cooler" for the current age) and he's bad guy again doing all that shit again and having his revenge?? I can't imagine how smart the story must be to not screw up this already great ending. Usually most of sequels suck ass.

Last edited:
They should instead make a brand new movie set during the Old Republic era and I totally mean it. Or if they lack good imagination or storytelling, base it on Knights Of The Old Republic video game (that game is a masterpiece storywise. I've always wished there was a movie based on it)

I would have preferred Vader's story between ep 3 & 4. But sadly that won't happen. I am extremely concerned about what could cloning turn out into. I sense a disturbance in the Force that they might screw up big time :/ Since the ending was really spot on. Vader was reborn as Anakin and died in peace and brought balance to the Force. Now they clone him (possibly add some metal spider legs or something to make him "cooler" for the current age) and he's bad guy again doing all that shit again and having his revenge?? I can't imagine how smart the story must be to not screw up this already great ending. Usually most of sequels suck ass.

True. I hope that Vader thing is just a rumor and won't happen. But I think they can make this new movie really good if they really try not to make it look like the prequels and because Lucas is not the boss anymore. It would be great to see Luke, Han, Leia, C-3PO and R2-D2 again. Luke could be the old Jedi Master who is training new Jedis. Anakin could talk to him as a "ghost" like Obi-Wan did. The new main character could be Han and Leia's son who Luke is training to be Jedi.

Check this 1983 interview:

Last edited:
How could Vader appear as ghost? In his regular suited look or without suit? Vader without suit is no Vader to me lol. But then would making him appear with suit make sense? Just please no Hayden Christensen!! I'm fed up looking at his scene-unfitting ass at the end of ROTJ.

How could Vader appear as ghost? In his regular suited look or without suit? Vader without suit is no Vader to me lol. But then would making him appear with suit make sense? Just please no Hayden Christensen!! I'm fed up looking at his scene-unfitting ass at the end of ROTJ.

Yeah that was stupid change from Lucas. I have original versions on dvd so I can watch those.

I already mentioned Disney should make a film set during The Old Republic era. LIKE THIS -

J.J. Abrams Set to Direct Next 'Star Wars' Film (Exclusive) Published: January 24, 2013 @ 1:33 pm J.J. Abrams will direct the next "Star Wars" film for Disney, taking stewardship of one of Hollywood's most iconic and lucrative film franchises, an individual with knowledge of the production told TheWrap. "Argo" director Ben Affleck was also in contention, another individual with knowledge of the talks told TheWrap. Ever since Disney bought Lucasfilm last year and announced it would make new "Star Wars" films, fans, members of the media and industry executives have speculated about which director would take the job. Abrams' name always came up, but he told Entertainment Weekly in November that he wasn't going to take the job. He did say "Star Wars" was the first movie that "blew my mind" in terms of special effects. Lucasfilm Chief Kathleen Kennedy has been courting Abrams, one of the most successful directors and producers in Hollywood -- and a man beloved by fanboys. He runs one of the industry's top production companies, Bad Robot, and created or co-created television franchises like "Lost," "Fringe" and "Alias." He has also directed film spectacles "Mission: Impossible III," "Star Trek" and "Super 8." The lure of the Jedi was too strong, and it will no doubt complicate his relationship with Paramount, where Bad Robot is a top supplier. Abrams has been feverishly working on "Star Trek Into Darkness," his second Star Trek film since he rebooted the franchise in 2009. "Into Darkness," still in post-production, opens May 18. Though he has several producing jobs in front of him, Abrams had been uncommitted as a director. He will have to jump right into "Star Wars," which Disney has slated for a 2015 release. "Little Miss Sunshine" screenwriter Michael Arndt is penning the script. Reached by TheWrap, Lynne Hale, spokeswoman for Lucasfilm, declined to comment immediately. Neither CAA, which represents Abrams, nor Bad Robot immediately responded to requests for comment. http://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/jj-abrams-set-direct-next-star-wars-film-exclusive-74596

Back