Spike Lee - There's only one Michael Jackson

about the title for the NEW KOP...
nkop.png

Brilliant :D

I just shake my head when people say they "forgave" Michael. Forgive him for what? For a condition he had no control over? It's sad that people believed that nonsense that he bleached his skin and all that. His autopsy confirmed the truth. These people should ask for forgiveness not the other way around. All the love and admiration they say about Michael now gives me no comfort or joy. I can only hope they learned not to judge someone without truly knowing the facts and not believing everything the media says.

As for Spike, I don't know what his true feelings were but i hope his documentary about Michael and the bad album will be positive and great.

I am not denying Spike Lee love for MJ. But, it is obvious in the Katie Couric interview he believed MJ bleach his skin and had surgery because he thinks he had issue being black. He even admits he had questions he wanted to ask MJ. But, at the same time said Mj never forgot who he was and despite the issues some in the black community had with MJ and his apprearance they love him and it's all forgiven now. And yes I find his statement disapointing when Something like Vitiligo can be looked up and be educated on aswell as the reason for his surgeries cause he was badly teased by his own family memebers for yrs. Something Mj has been saying FOR YRS! That's all I was trying to say aswell as hoping that he doesn't have negative thoughts on the allegations that we don't know about too but just forgives?

So I still like Spike but, I hope he knows better now because how your gonna defend someone 100% without all the facts? Anyways I agree with him on the whole King Of Pop title and can't wait to see the BAD25 doc.

I am not denying Spike Lee love for MJ. But, it is obvious in the Katie Couric interview he believed MJ bleach his skin and had surgery because he thinks he had issue being black. He even admits he had questions he wanted to ask MJ. But, at the same time said Mj never forgot who he was and despite the issues some in the black community had with MJ and his apprearance they love him and it's all forgiven now. And yes I find his statement disapointing when Something like Vitiligo can be looked up and be educated on aswell as the reason for his surgeries cause he was badly teased by his own family memebers for yrs. Something Mj has been saying FOR YRS! That's all I was trying to say aswell as hoping that he doesn't have negative thoughts on the allegations that we don't know about too but just forgives?

So I still like Spike but, I hope he knows better now because how your gonna defend someone 100% without all the facts? Anyways I agree with him on the whole King Of Pop title and can't wait to see the BAD25 doc.

^^I agree, and he is right--there is only one Michael Jackson.

I am not denying Spike Lee love for MJ. But, it is obvious in the Katie Couric interview he believed MJ bleach his skin and had surgery because he thinks he had issue being black. He even admits he had questions he wanted to ask MJ.
I'm sorry, but it is not obvious for me. you just be taking your interpretation as a fact.
He admits that he wanted to ask questions I do not see this as a confirmation of anything, only shows that he had doubts at one point and not certainties like you to be saying. But I repeat what I said before, if he believed that MJ "denied his race" do not think he would work with MJ. he just looks like these people that do not relate with someone who thought was ashamed of being black.:mello:

He even admits he had questions he wanted to ask MJ. But, at the same time said Mj never forgot who he was and despite the issues some in the black community had with MJ and his apprearance they love him and it's all forgiven now.

I think differently, for me this is more an assumption that he believed and believes in MJ
"MJ never forgot who he was" already tells me all. for me he talk about the reaction some people in black community no about his personal feelings.

And yes I find his statement disapointing when Something like Vitiligo can be looked up and be educated on aswell as the reason for his surgeries cause he was badly teased by his own family memebers for yrs. Something Mj has been saying FOR YRS! That's all I was trying to say aswell as hoping that he doesn't have negative thoughts on the allegations that we don't know about too but just forgives? [/FONT][/COLOR] [...]
And don't worry I'm not trying to change what you feel, I'm just demonstrating my interpretation. I just said I do not feel in the right to feel disappointed with Spike, it's about me not U.

I agree 100% with that, but unfortunately it was the way it really some people felt that they had right to "forgive" MJ but they really not had right for nothing.

^o_O But, you said so urself Spike had doubts and that's exactly what I meant and he definetly when talking about the black community and how some felt about MJ and his apprearance he is speaking of himself included with those people hense his questions and doubts he had on MJ too and the forgiveness and all forgotten statement like he mentioned in his interview. So I'm not speculating. But, if u don't see it in that way that's fine too so will agree to disagree. =)

Dreadful interviewer.... Always looking for a new Michael Jackson. We essentially learnt nothing new here, other than mike Tyson is doing A one man broadway show. And the interviewer didn't see that as something to ask a question about... ...

Riiiiiight........

Couric must feel like an idiot now for saying that Michael bleach his skin. Sorry for the idiot part Ms. Couric.

Why is it that people are so quick to throw away Michael's title? I don't see them doing the same to Elvis. Just sayin'!

There will only be one King Of Pop MICHAEL JACKSON stop wasting your time in looking for a replacement

Adam Levine emperor? Whatever. Maybe it shouldn't matter but it hurts when people say this person is the new king of pop more now. You can't replace Michael. You can't do it.

Yes. I like Adam Levine's music. But I really hope he was joking when he said that.

Back on Topic. I enjoy Spike Lee's work. And there is only one Michael Jackson.

Last edited:
Back