special pre-screening in LA for 3,000 fans

you'd have to pay me to do that!! i bet they think they are so clever the way they can manipulate fans like this.

Am i wrong in feeling a little annoyed as i, among many others have paid for our lenticular tickets & 500 are being given away free?

I'm bloody pissed! I paid 85 pounds for that ticket (almost $200CDN.) I was one of the lucky ones who made the valiant effort to get tickets for his show in London, and fly from Canada to see it. Once again, we're getting the short end of the stick. I understand and I empathize if people tried for tickets and didn't get them. But for those who did, we're getting screwed over, again.

I'm bloody pissed! I paid 85 pounds for that ticket (almost $200CDN.) I was one of the lucky ones who made the valiant effort to get tickets for his show in London, and fly from Canada to see it. Once again, we're getting the short end of the stick. I understand and I empathize if people tried for tickets and didn't get them. But for those who did, we're getting screwed over, again.

What annoys me the most is that we have to wait till wenever for tickets that we paid for and people who are getting them for free will proberbly get them b4 us on the 27th september! Its not fair :(

I just don't even think the ticket is worth it anymore. I'm going to call Ticketmaster and ask for a refund instead. AEG knew when they gave us the option of buying tickets that we were still at our most vulnerable and most of us would. Now that it's been a little way, more people are starting to see reason and regret buying one. I for one want my money back to buy the Opus.

oh man...why only in L.A.??

and about the whole free ticket thing..well 500 lucky people...

and I guess I'm just a shmuck that AEG pulled a fast one on..I am still waiting for my *floor seat section A3,row R ticket* which...cost me an amount I shall not name...

Why in the world are they doing this. They are gonna milk the heck outta michael. How unfair is it to show it early in LA first. Um whats the point. Sigh. Im so sick of aeg until its unreal. They make me not even want to go see TII.

Then giving away souvenir tickets. Um its probably the leftover from the fans who bought tickets but choose a full refund. Um helllllo stupid aeg you could have just given them to those fans. Now you want to make fans queue up for some movie ticket. PLEEAZZZZZZZZZZZE!

Im officially DONE with AEGreedy)!

LA fans get everything!!! And I wonder how the people who bought tickets to the actual shows feel? They couldn't get their money back but for the small price of a movie ticket those 3k fans get that same ticket for free!!!! That seems unbalanced to me but I guess that is business for you.

LOL MikeJoeFan - AEGreedy!!

well after listening to this interview with AEG I am once again disgusted.....they are making people stand in line for tickets...also selling them on the internet. They are treating this as though it was the o2 concerts all over again....I have to admit some nice things were said about Michael...BUT....they are stilling trying to make the biggest hype over the release of the movie as possible....I bet the 2 week announcement will mean nothing that is just to get people to hurry and go then they will see the demand and they will stretch the dates in theaters.....just like they did with the concerts..10 went to 50....shame ..shame ..shame ..on then.
Your light continues to burn bright within my heart. Shine on in heaven Michael, shine on in heaven.

my memorial prayer for Michael....july 7, 2009

from michaeljackson.com so premieres are not just in LA.....but don't know about souvenir tickets

Michael Jackson's This Is It Will Launch With More Than 25 Global Premieres
SEPTEMBER 21, 2009
"MICHAEL JACKSON'S THIS IS IT"

WILL LAUNCH WITH MORE THAN 25 GLOBAL PREMIERES

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 27

-- MORE THAN 15 PREMIERES WILL OCCUR SIMULTANEOUSLY AROUND THE WORLD--

--Special Advance Screenings For The Public Start Same Day --

Tickets Available This Sunday at www.thisisit-movie.com

CULVER CITY, Calif., September 21, 2009 –Fans worldwide will have the opportunity to celebrate the global launch of Michael Jackson's THIS IS IT when Sony Pictures Entertainment hosts over 25 global premieres, with more than 15 of those coordinated simultaneously around the world, on Tuesday, October 27th. Three hours after the red carpet events begin, audiences will be able to see the highly anticipated film for the first time as the studio has added special advance screenings that evening throughout the world.

Michael Jackson's THIS IS IT will be available worldwide for a limited two-week engagement beginning, Wednesday October 28. Tickets for all shows, including the Tuesday night special advance screenings, are available for purchase beginning this coming Sunday, September 27. Moviegoers can purchase tickets by visiting all major motion picture ticketing websites as well as www.thisisit-movie.com.

"Michael Jackson has an army of fans everywhere around the world. By rolling out this film with simultaneous premieres and special advance screenings on October 27th, we are giving audiences an incredible opportunity to join together in celebration of Michael Jackson's incredible career," said Jeff Blake, chairman, Worldwide Marketing and Distribution for Sony Pictures.

The film's world gala will be in Los Angeles at the Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE on Tuesday, October 27. That event, which begins at 6pm PDT, kicks off a series of more than 25 premieres around the globe. More than 15 cities, including New York, Rio De Janeiro, London, Berlin, Johannesburg, and Seoul will host events simultaneously, with red carpet arrivals and activities from the Los Angeles event broadcast by satellite to those cities. Other cities, including Moscow, Tokyo, Sydney, Paris, and many others will host their own, non-simultaneous premiere activities.

Three hours after the worldwide celebration of the motion picture, the first public screenings of the film will begin. For example, the first audiences in Los Angeles will see the film at 9pm; in New York, audiences will have the opportunity to see the film at midnight; and in London, the advance screenings will be at 4am UK time.

Michael Jackson's THIS IS IT will offer Jackson fans and music lovers worldwide a rare, behind-the-scenes look at the performer as he developed, created and rehearsed for his sold-out concerts that would have taken place beginning this summer in London's O2 Arena. Chronicling the months from March through June, 2009, the film is produced with the full support of the Estate of Michael Jackson and drawn from more than one hundred hours of behind-the-scenes footage, featuring Jackson rehearsing a number of his songs for the show. Audiences will be given a privileged and private look at Jackson as he has never been seen before. In raw and candid detail, Michael Jackson's THIS IS IT captures the singer, dancer, filmmaker, architect, creative genius, and great artist at work as he creates and perfects his final show. Kenny Ortega, who was both Michael Jackson's creative partner and the director of the stage show, is also directing the film, which is being produced by Randy Phillips, Kenny Ortega and Paul Gongaware. Executive producers are John Branca and John McClain. The film will be distributed worldwide by Sony Pictures Releasing. For more information about the film please visit www.thisisit-movie.com.

" Audiences will be given a privileged and private look at Jackson as he has never been seen before. In raw and candid detail, Michael Jackson's THIS IS IT captures the singer, dancer, filmmaker, architect, creative genius, and great artist at work as he creates and perfects his final show."

sigh... I really hope they will do him justice, not just promise it because it sounds good to sell the movie...

Hmm, I don't think that's very fair to be honest...

its gonna be shown in other countries within hours of it being shown in L.A so its no big deal.its not something u can really get excited about anyway

Back