Sony rejects Michael tribute!

athina_livadi

Proud Member
We contacted Sony Music in Greece to inform them about a tribute party we would like to plan to honor Michael here in Athens. Sony's response was that they have orders from Sony International not to be involved in anything pertaining to Michael Jackson ever again. They are not interested in anything related to Michael.
I find it insulting, offending, disgusting of them to reject Michael in such a shameful way. Here in Greece the Greek Michael Jackson fanclub has decided to sabotage Sony Music and never buy a single album or song apart from Michael's under their signature.
SHAME ON THEM!

I thought any future Michael material will be released through Epic/Sony. Has Sony really severed ties with Michael?

Uhm, Sony controls the ATV Catalouge and that means they own Michaels songs. That's big money. You really think they are gonna just let that be and not cash in?

But I can understand why they don't want to be part of any tribute. The contract with Michael ended when he died, and all of Sony's commitments in that contract ended with his death. If they can't make quick cash on it, they won't support it. Sad but true.

Sony? Rejecting Michael Jackson?

I don't know if I can believe that, Sony always release Michael Jackson greatest hits albums non-stop just to cash in? You think they'd stop now after seeing the sales? LOL.

That was probably an exaggeration so they aren't bombarded with requests pertaining to Michael Jackson.

They will do stuff in the future, rest assured.

From mickyj007:
New Michael Jackson Songs Will Be Released

Published Friday, 10th July, 2009 at 10:48 AM

New Michael Jackson material will be released by the singer's label, officials have confirmed.

Following his death on June 25, several artists - including Ne-Yo, Will.i.am and Akon - have revealed that ***** was sat on a wealth of unreleased songs.

Many fans feared the music would never see the light of day, but Amanda Ghost confirmed to BBC 6 Music that Jackson's label will make some of those recordings available.

"I have no idea when it's coming out, but it will come out on Sony/Epic." Ghost revealed. "We haven't made any decisions because we just want to be respectful for his memory and not be seen in any way as trying to cash in."

"The appetite is definitely there... If we do release anything of unreleased material, it has to be fantastic and it can't damage in any way his legacy or his legend and I won't let that happen at Epic."

http://angryape.com/news/new-michael-jackson-songs-will-be-released

Did anyone see So You Think You Can Dance yesterday?

They wanted to make a tribute show where the contestants danced just to Michael's songs, they got all the choreographers excited and on board, even Michael's friend "Wade Robson".
But it will not happen... why? Because Sony didn't want to clear the music.

That is really, really, really sad.

they wouldnt support Invincible so they prove they will do what they want.

they are now colluding to make out MJ look like some kinda druggie, getting it out there on the networks so that when anyone comes forward with the truth the seeds are planted for everyone to think he is a heavy drug user.

he wouldnt do that. he loved his kids

Oh give me a break! Sony just said that so they didn't have to support a 'tribute' party! It has nothing to do with Michael Jackson. If it was a Mariah Carey Tribute Party, they would have said the same thing.

I think all of you are just ready to hate on Sony, when it's Sony who released a statement a few days ago about releasing all sorts of rare and unreleased MJ tracks. You think they'd say that if they didn't want to protect Michael's legacy?

Give me a break!

Sony like Simon Cowell contracts people to the hilt so they have nothing left.

To stop people progressing and having a career as Simon Cowell does in this country is astounding and THATs one of the reason there will never ever be another Michael Jackson or anyone close....

it just cant happen now

This is weird! Now Sony is controlling the Sony/ATV catalogue?
I bet they are going to steal it sooner or later.
*shakes head*

This makes no sense or whatsoever.
I doubt this is true...

Now is the right time for anybody to make a profit off MJ's death (unfortunately). And if anybody can get money from it, well that's Sony. Do you think they're going to let that chance get away?

This is weird! Now Sony is controlling the Sony/ATV catalogue?
I bet they are going to steal it sooner or later.
*shakes head*
sony dont controll sony/atv

I contacted Sony China

first they said they want to do a series of tribute to MJ

Now they said they will refuse all the involvement in any kind

said they don't have right to do so without Jackson family's approval

and said fans should not be used by someone to exploit MJ's interest by doing tribute....

Michael's songs he has written is NOT under Sony and becuz MJ eqals big $$ I will take this post about Sony with a
Big grain of salt..

Sony not having the rights sound more like it....the mj family trust have full control....sounds like Branca really did give him control of his masters...

Michael's songs he has written is NOT under Sony and becuz MJ eqals big $$ I will take this post about Sony with a
Big grain of salt..
Doe's that mean that MJ owns all his music from Off The Wall up to now? My next question is, will MJ's catalogue be worth more in the future then the Beatles catalogue? I hope MJ's kids get there fathers catalogue.

I can't believe people are still giving Sony the benefit of the doubt. They are the modern day devil. Sony STILL sucks.

We contacted Sony Music in Greece to inform them about a tribute party we would like to plan to honor Michael here in Athens. Sony's response was that they have orders from Sony International not to be involved in anything pertaining to Michael Jackson ever again. They are not interested in anything related to Michael.
I find it insulting, offending, disgusting of them to reject Michael in such a shameful way. Here in Greece the Greek Michael Jackson fanclub has decided to sabotage Sony Music and never buy a single album or song apart from Michael's under their signature.
SHAME ON THEM!

I'm sure this is a rumour.

Sony do not own the ATV catalogue. Branca (who got Michael the catalogue originally) and Co. are in control of Michael's half as well as Michael's new album.

Back