Songs that sound better live than on the cd

Oh my goodness how strange is this??? I have this song playing right now on i tunes on my lap top whilst I was just replying to an email in PM's.............then came to the main forum............my eyes fell on this thread and I thought to myself WOW I'd say Jam is better LIVE.....and there it is........JAM!!

How strange is that? :swoon::swoon::swoon::yes:

i think these songs are so well and powerfully crafted, that it doesn't make a difference whether or not they are live or on file..or cd...if a musician wanted to take libreties, it would be hard for them to mess it up. good going, Michael, cus i know that musicians can have egos.

i love how he sang Human Nature and IJCSLY in TII, though.

I have to ask this, or add it as a sub topic.

Do you think we may prefer the live version of some songs more sinply because we have heard the originals so much?

Imagine hearing all the songs for the first time again, would we necessarily think the live versions were better then?

Personally I have allways preferred the live version of Jam to the actual song.

She's out of my life is great as is Human Nature
Oh and the way Michael sang Gone Too Soon at the gala in 1992 was MUCH better and emotional than the CD version.

Jam is SO MUCH BETTER on TII than on CD.

Human Nature is awesome on CD but it is always a little bit better live! ;)

For me the top one have to be Another Part Of Me because i think he does that so brilliantly. Its mindblowing to see the special from Paris and just amazing to see the extreme energy-level. And i also love the power in Heartbreak Hotel. Its real, its pure. Love it. Also i ADORE the J5-medley on the Destiny Tour. When he sings TLYS always gives me goosebumps :D

Man in the mirror! no doubt! Those ad lidbs he sings, '' stand upp for me broothaa, you know it you do you do '' beautiful!

Oh my goodness how strange is this??? I have this song playing right now on i tunes on my lap top whilst I was just replying to an email in PM's.............then came to the main forum............my eyes fell on this thread and I thought to myself WOW I'd say Jam is better LIVE.....and there it is........JAM!!

How strange is that? :swoon::swoon::swoon::yes:

Not very strange actually, things happen lol take it easy

Every song MJ ever performed is way better live than on cd imo.

I pretty much feel the same way. But my top picks would include:

- Working Day And Night: I really don't like the studio version. Doesn't sound as fresh to me.
- Human Nature: The ab libs is enough for me.
- Billie Jean: I love it either way but live is just amazing.
- Man In The Mirror
- Come Together...well at least the Moonwalker version...ok I know it is just the extended version but I prefer it so much more than the album version that I just had to add it.

I have to ask this, or add it as a sub topic.

Do you think we may prefer the live version of some songs more sinply because we have heard the originals so much?

Imagine hearing all the songs for the first time again, would we necessarily think the live versions were better then?

Personally I have allways preferred the live version of Jam to the actual song.

No, not for me. But that's just my opinion.
Musically I really did not care for the live version of the "Dangerous Tour". I think they did a GREAT job performing it, choreography etc- but from a music standpoint, meeeeh.

But I always loved "Jam" on the album, very much so.
And I REALLY REALLY loved it in "This Is It".

I was also blown away by the little bit of "Threatened" to close "Thriller" with. Whoever had the idea- great move! And it sounded AMAZING, even better than on the album.

Might be wrong here (so nobody hate me please), but I think part of it had to do with the mixing on stage- the bass lines were GREAT in "This Is It". Both in "Jam" and "Threatened".

"Threatened" absolutely rocked, I just wanted to get up and MOVE when it first came on. The folks in my movie theatre were kind of lame though, so I just moved on the inside.

Back