Songs/performances that have made you cry?

Theres only a two for me.

Boyz II Men and Mariah - One Sweet Day
Boyz II Men - Its so Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday.

Those two always get me no matter what. They just always make you think of ones you've lost. And though they are two of my all time favorite tracks, they're real tear jerkers. No scratch that, I've often balled my eyes out to those songs. And as a guy I'm not ashamed to admit that.

Heal the World recently out of no where made me tear up a bit. Just thinking about how it seems like a easy concept you know?

Edit. Thought of another actually. Gone Too Soon gets to me.

Last edited:
The one song that has to be the most poignant was one I cried listening to on the second time hearing it. Boyz 2 Men's "A Song for Momma".

It was the song my son chose to play at his marriage in 2003 when the groom dances with his mother. I had never heard the song before, and in the excitement/emotional atmosphere of his large wedding and reception, with him dancing with me in front of a huge collection of guests, I really couldn't fully hear the words. After the wedding, I listened to his Boyz 2 Men tape and was left with tears running down my face, it sooo choked me up that he felt that strongly to have chosen that song. :cry::blush:

Next would have to be the performance of Michael's "Will You Be There" in one of his concerts. Still brings a tear to my eye every time I see that performance.

The other one that never fails to choke me up wherever I hear it, like a supermarket, etc., is Luther's "Dance With My Father". His emotion just flows into my soul in that song.

Ben - Michael Jackson
I'll Be There- The Jackson 5
IJCSLY
Goone Too Soon (when my hammy died, it was recently :cry:)
Love Me Tender - Elvis Presley
I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston
Bohemian Rapsody - Queen (when I knew the reason that Freddie died)
Canddle In The Wind - Elton John

I know, I'm a :cry: :baby:

oh, I'm sure I couldn't name them all. Here are some songs that come to my mind at the moment:

Lately - Stevie Wonder
Fast Car - Tracy Chapman
Man In The Mirror - Michael Jackson
Both Sides Now - Joni Mitchell
Take My Hand, Precious Lord - Mahalia Jackson

Heal the World recently out of no where made me tear up a bit. Just thinking about how it seems like a easy concept you know?
Yeah, that one did make me cry as well.

Last edited:
The one performance that had always made me cry was Michael's Earth Song performance from the 1996 World Music Awards. I have that entire awards show on tape that I had taped myself back then. And as many times I have seen that performance. I had cried every single time which is why I no longer can watch it. I think that is one of the best performances Michael has ever done.

This is the only performance of Michaels that has ever really made me cry.

Is there anyway you could upload your footage?

I have TWO songs that ALWAYS get to me. No matter what...

Eric Clapton - "Tears In Heaven"

Martina McBride - "My Daughters Eyes"

Back